• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Because of the Friendships That I Have Developed on This Board, I

MomToEli said:
Their not. I'm with another company, and they have the same restrictions when you reach Regional Vice President. In fact, you can't hold ANY other job when you reach that level.

But how high up is that? Is it the first tier of leadership? It sounds much higher.

For me, the issue is the first tier of leadership being restricted. After that, I can see why, but a lot of people aspire to be first tier, and nothing higher.

Thanks for the info...

nikked said:
But how high up is that? Is it the first tier of leadership? It sounds much higher.

For me, the issue is the first tier of leadership being restricted. After that, I can see why, but a lot of people aspire to be first tier, and nothing higher.

Thanks for the info...

But Director isn't first tier. Future Director is.

It's hard to compare the two, as one is kitchen tools and the other is financial services and highly regulated - at even the lowest level. That's probably why the one is even more restrictive, as in NO other employment, not just direct sales.

I can see their position. A lot of benefits are given to Directors with the idea that they are responsible for training and coaching a team. It really would be difficult to do with split loyalties.

Do you think, Laura, that this has anything to do with the fact that you just accepted a position on the Technology Council (or whatever it's called)?

Ok, I guess you weren't Laura :rolleyes: Maybe I should read a little closer, eh?

MomToEli said:
I can see their position. A lot of benefits are given to Directors with the idea that they are responsible for training and coaching a team. It really would be difficult to do with split loyalties.

My thoughts PC has alot of extra training FREE for directors they do not want that training going to another business..

Is it true you can not do PC and a similar sale like Tupperware?

Oh Laura, I'm so sorry to hear this! I hope someone at HO will give you the answers that you need.

This "shake up" as some people are referring to it as is starting to make me skiddish in recruiting. I have some potentials that also sell for other DS companies. This is really looking bad for PC. This happened to Partylite a few years back and over half of their consultants went to Swiss Colony Occasions because of how they were treated over a situation like this one that is going on here.

If it were me I would keep bugging out until I knew why stratight from the horses mouth, I wouldn't be able to leave it alone, but that's just me, guess that's why people at work get things done the first time I ask so I don't page them every 5 minutes, lol.

PC has been through several changes over the years... we had Sheila as the CEO back in 2001 and then Betty came on for a while... now we have Marla. Things change and evolve and no matter what has happened, PC has stayed strong and withstood the test of time and has come out stronger than ever. Don't be afraid to share our awesome opportunity with someone! It could be just what they need!!!!

I still think PC is the best opportunity out there and I can't ever see myself going somewhere else.

finley1991 said:
PC has been through several changes over the years... we had Sheila as the CEO back in 2001 and then Betty came on for a while... now we have Marla. Things change and evolve and no matter what has happened, PC has stayed strong and withstood the test of time and has come out stronger than ever. Don't be afraid to share our awesome opportunity with someone! It could be just what they need!!!!

I still think PC is the best opportunity out there and I can't ever see myself going somewhere else.

Amen and ditto what Colleen said!!
You can wave any carrot at me that you want, but PC is where I belong!
I repsect anyone's choices to go to other companies if they feel they'll get a better fit there...but for me personally, Pampered Chef is the perfect fit for me and my family...

I'm not going anywhere!! Can hardly handle selling one thing that I love, let alone juggling two. I just have reservations about all of the changes that have been going on lately. I understand to need to change with the times, but the changes that they have made me nervous before now. With the Laura situation, it is really unfortunate that she is not given a reason and a chance to redeem herself in PC eyes. She has been a great asset to the company. I would hate for them to cut off their nose to spite their face.

In no way shape, form or fashion do I want anyone to think that PC is a bad company... I'm sure that my case and the cases of the other people going to this other company are isolated. I'm sure they have their reasons. Those reasons just don't make sense to me at all. :(

Laura, I know I personally never doubted your love for PC... there is no way you could have done what you have done and accomlished so much in such a short period of time if you didn't love and believe in PC. I hope that you get to the bottom of this! Know that if there is anything anyone can do for you, especially me, just ask!

I was hoping for your sake that since they told you it was not because of this other company, that they would at least give you an idea why they are "letting you go".

They won't say that it IS or ISNT because of this other company. Its one of those "read from the handbook" responses. They just read me the same lines over and over... "we have the right to terminate, and we have used that right". So, no answers, no clarification, no "you did this wrong", nothing.

I wonder if certain others higher up than you have means of getting more to the bottom of this... just a thought...

Considering my director hasn't even called once since I resigned, and my ED gave me the verbal "brush off"... I doubt anyone is willing to go to bat. I dunno, it's just all so weird. They loved me more than sliced bread when I was earning TPC and all that... LOL :rolleyes:

I'm sorry this has happened, However, (correct me if I'm wrong & I probably am just be kind it's been a tough Monday) :)
If she were to stay and she earned the trip at the director level but was to become inactive or fall to FD she wouldn't get the trip either right????

I heard some things tonight from my upline (strictly rumors) - not related to Laura but possibly the overall situation.

I personally trust that HO is making their decisions based on wise information not on a whim and protecting us and their company interests.

After conference, I have a renewed respect for the company I signed with and the more I learn the happier I am.

A lot of emotions have been stirred up here which is bad for PC. Please keep them in check. We only have 1 side of the story. (Before you jump down my throat, that is not any dig on Laura at all - she's done some great things with PC and loves it and we love her as a person, it just is a fact.) It is similar to Paige and the media. One side gets thrown out to the public and people react about her "dual jobs" without knowing her as a person. We here are acting on Laura's hurt (as real as it is) without knowing HO as a company or whatever else is part of the big story...

<stepping down off my soapbox now>

JMH(Humble)O...

If I fell to FD or even stayed as a consultant, I would not lose trip points. Going inactive loses your points, but stepping down your directorship does not.
I had level 2 earned as a "consultant" after July shows are to be submitted...and they terminated my agreement - so I won't be a consultant - so I can't go.

I apologize to anyone if I came off harsh... I love Pampered Chef and don't want what I have said about my frustrations with this situation to impact anyone else's feelings about PC. PC is where my heart belongs and I know that I will never leave, I am just frustrated with how this situation has been handled.

UR welcome here by me...and..That's definately not fair nor right. Other consultant's sell under more than one vendor with PC being one of the many. Maybe it's the new thing, with the Warren Buffet SP company??

JMHO.

Liz

Pampered Laura said:
Okay, well apparently the home office has decided to terminate my consultant agreement. I got a letter from fedex stating that they are choosing to terminate my agreement effective august 13, and to wrap up any shows that I have. Nothing I can do, and no one will tell me why. I asked over and over (bawling my eyes out like an idiot to Jan Capinegro, who was so nice, but firmly telling me there's nothing she can do and that they have the right...) why they decided to do that, and she just said "they have the right, and they're excersising that right". I don't know what to do. My intentions to be as ethical and by the book as I can have backfired apparently. Just heartbroken. I can't stop crying over this. I'm confused and stunned.

Jan did state that it is true that you can sell for two different companies, and that it has nothing to do with that at all. So theres another reason... but they won't tell me why.

Will I still be welcome here on CS? Or should I go from here too? :(

ok, I didn't word that right & I didn't mean to single you out I meant in general (I know you wouldn't have lost the points) but i was thinking when the trip came up you had to be at the level you earned it at .
Sorry, I am probably thinking of something else.

I am by no means trying to incite a riot. I have had my panties in a twist since they let go of UPS, VIP, Nancy and now this. I just don't do well with change as much as it may or may not be needed.

janetupnorth said:
I heard some things tonight from my upline (strictly rumors) - not related to Laura but possibly the overall situation.

I personally trust that HO is making their decisions based on wise information not on a whim and protecting us and their company interests.

After conference, I have a renewed respect for the company I signed with and the more I learn the happier I am.

A lot of emotions have been stirred up here which is bad for PC. Please keep them in check. We only have 1 side of the story. (Before you jump down my throat, that is not any dig on Laura at all - she's done some great things with PC and loves it and we love her as a person, it just is a fact.) It is similar to Paige and the media. One side gets thrown out to the public and people react about her "dual jobs" without knowing her as a person. We here are acting on Laura's hurt (as real as it is) without knowing HO as a company or whatever else is part of the big story...

<stepping down off my soapbox now>

JMH(Humble)O...

I completely agree with this. Like I said, I'm sure my situation is an isolated incident that just happens to be also happening to the 4 others that I know who have recently resigned. I don't think any less of the company as a whole at all. I have just seen a little blemish that came out of left field.

BTW Laura - I still want to see a picture of those boots!!!!

Laura... so sad to see your signature change...

Pampered Laura said:
I completely agree with this. Like I said, I'm sure my situation is an isolated incident that just happens to be also happening to the 4 others that I know who have recently resigned. I don't think any less of the company as a whole at all. I have just seen a little blemish that came out of left field.

What do you mean "4 others" who have resigned?
Who else got terminated? Who else resigned? I am so confused...

Teresa Lynn said:
ok, I didn't word that right & I didn't mean to single you out I meant in general (I know you wouldn't have lost the points) but i was thinking when the trip came up you had to be at the level you earned it at .
Sorry, I am probably thinking of something else.

Yes you're correct. If I earn a trip at the "director" point level, I'd have to be a director at the time of the trip. I had intended on earning the level 4 trip as a "consultant" though (with TPC).

and you totally could have done it! PC just lost a great person, both personally and professionally! on the up side, at least you got your ruby ring!

I still wish you the best of luck...
Pampered Laura said:

and like I PM'd you the other night, know you will do GREAT at whatever company you work with.

I"m just adding a bit, not being rude, just my sharing is all....

I was given the PC opportunity and like a dummy, when PL didn't work well for me in OH I tried it again down here in extreme S. TX and didn't do well at all. I then tried another "untapped" new thrilling business as I was afraid to cook in other's homes. (not remembering I used to cook 4-H cooking demo's in other's homes while growing up); anyways, that company went defunct SP? too. TBH@Home, I enjoyed it until my Director stole my recruits right from underneath me.

PC Is a GREAT CO. and now that I"m in I sure don't want out!!!!

We all only can/and know what's best for us. We are adults and make our own decisions.

Liz

The same thing happened when that herd of people left PC to go to TOHE. They did it at the end of the year though and the people I know earned level 3 (I think). Because they were there the whole year or something they earned the gift certificate. But honestly how awkward would that be for Laura, her family and the PC people to be on an incentive trip and she is no longer with the company?

You should make a play for your gift certificate. You did earn it!

Best of luck with your future endeavors. We will be looking for updates. :)

then that is what it is. They've gotten wind of the fact that 4 people (at least) are leaving PC for this new company and they feel like they are all in it together and they're gone. Its not the fact that they are stepping down to sell with a 2nd company, its that they are all in it together.

Its sad. They are losing some great people because of this decision to let them go. But I do agree - after this, no way would I even want to go on a trip. Its shocking. I dont know what to think, I'm too mad right now to think straight. I'm sorry Laura.

Oops - is the cruise level 3 or level 2?
Whatever it is... the cruise is what I am about to earn with my July shows.
Oh well. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I find this terribly amusing that Laura is playing the dumb blond "I don't know what is going on" act. It is clear in your contract that you can not recruit from Pampered Chef or speak to anyone about your new venture for 2 years and then she shows up on here, a public forum, and tells people she is leaving and to privately ask her for more information she can't say publicly. SHE CAN'T SAY IT AT ALL TO ANYONE. I understand from my ED that she told some of the wrong people that went to Home Office. I also heard at conference Friday that she stupidly sent her resignation to the CEO and Jean Jonas. Of course that got them asking questions and they found out what was going on.

LUV'n_PC said:
I find this terribly amusing that Laura is playing the dumb blond "I don't know what is going on" act. It is clear in your contract that you can not recruit from Pampered Chef or speak to anyone about your new venture for 2 years and then she shows up on here, a public forum, and tells people she is leaving and to privately ask her for more information she can't say publicly. SHE CAN'T SAY IT AT ALL TO ANYONE. I understand from my ED that she told some of the wrong people that went to Home Office. I also heard at conference Friday that she stupidly sent her resignation to the CEO and Jean Jonas. Of course that got them asking questions and they found out what was going on.

How cute that you spent $5 just to express your opinions about your misinformation. I think it speaks volumes about how awesome this group of Cheffers is that it took 9 pages until someone decided to call me names. :D
Yep, I sent my resignation to the home office staff because I have a high respect for them. I also called my ED to tell her what I was doing before I did it. I sent a seperate letter to all of those people as well giving outstanding props to my ED and letting her know that I love and appreciate her. I also sent my resignation to Linda Bowles, Marla, and my ED. So....does it state in my contract that I can't inform those that I respect that I'm resigning? Surely when you leave a job you don't just leave a note on the HR desk? You usually tell your supervisors. Right? *shrug*
Sorry, not seeing what the problem is.

And, I asked Home office staff while I was resigning, about the legalities of how to tell my downline. I specifically asked "If I say I'm leaving, they'll ask why. If I tell them why, they'll ask what company. If I say what company, they'll ask for more info". She said that as long as THEY ASK FIRST for more details, I'm at liberty to explain. I can not however, offer my own personal incentives or pay people to join. Soo.... Luv'n PC....If someone asks me where I'm going, I can tell them. I just can't solicit info without being asked. Thanks for clarifying that though. And I'm not a blonde. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Pampered Laura said:
Yep, I sent my resignation to the home office staff because I have a high respect for them. I also sent it to Linda Bowles, Marla, and my ED. So....?
If someone asks me where I'm going, I can tell them. I just can't solicit info without being asked. And I'm not a blonde. ;)

You keep telling yourself that. You can't tell people...you can't say publicly so come ask you privately. You can only tell them that you are going to another business opportunity or you are going to Private Quarters. You can not start your solicitation spin telling them how much you are going to make, the new pay scales and compare it to PC. That is solicitation. You have either got some bad advice from someone or you are just telling yourself your own song and dance. It is still solicitation under the PC contract.

LUV'n_PC said:
First off- I find it interesting that this is the first post that you have ever made on this site, FWIW...

Secondly- Laura NEVER asked anyone to contact her abour her new venture. If she followed the rules that you have stated then I could theoretically contact her, ask her why she isn't around as much, and she still couldn't tell me? It isn't a secret... Laura checked the DSA's requirements about this, and never tried to recruit ANYONE, even when I contacted her for more info. Maybe you should pipe up on a different thread to start with a little less attitude...

You stated your opinion, and now you have mine... I hope you learn that we are a family here. We disagree daily, but not in a rude way and DO NOT post mean things about others.

LUV'n_PC said:
You keep telling yourself that. You can't tell people...you can't say publicly so come ask you privately. You can only tell them that you are going to another business opportunity or you are going to Private Quarters. You can not start your solicitation spin telling them how much you are going to make, the new pay scales and compare it to PC. That is solicitation. You have either got some bad advice from someone or you are just telling yourself your own song and dance. It is still solicitation under the PC contract.
Why do you even care? Did Laura hold you at gunpoint to sign up? I hear that is how she earned TPC in recruiting... gunpoint with her six-shooter, LMAO!!

gilliandanielle said:
First off- I find it interesting that this is the first post that you have ever made on this site, FWIW...

Secondly- Laura NEVER asked anyone to contact her abour her new venture. If she followed the rules that you have stated then I could theoretically contact her, ask her why she isn't around as much, and she still couldn't tell me? It isn't a secret... Laura checked the DSA's requirements about this, and never tried to recruit ANYONE, even when I contacted her for more info. Maybe you should pipe up on a different thread to start with a little less attitude...

You stated your opinion, and now you have mine... I hope you learn that we are a family here. We disagree daily, but not in a rude way and DO NOT post mean things about others.

This is hardly my first post. Only under this ID. Laura tried to solicit me so I know what I'm talking about. I changed the user to post without any ramifications from her.

Well that is mighty bold of you- what exactly could she do to you??

Now you really have me wondering who you are.

Pampered Laura said:
Heck no. :) I'm gonna be here till they kick me out ;)

And I guess they have.

That was meant as in -- Chef Success kicking me out, genius. :)

Still wondering ID.

Wow!!! Um, that's all I have to say, other than Laura, I'm still sorry about what's happening with your situation...

I asked Laura about what she was doing privately and she told me without ever trying to recruit me. She stated the facts and referred me to the website for more information about anything. She didn't tell me anything I couldn't find out on my own. Personally, I don't take someone telling me about what a wonderful thing they have started as recruiting; just as I hope people don't take me stating how much I love PC as recruiting. If I want to recruit someone I will flat out invite them to find out more information and meet with me. I'm not saying she didn't try to recruit you, but maybe what she said to you and how you took it was actually different from how she meant it. I don't mean to gripe on you, but I don't like my friends being attacked. If you have an issue with what Laura said to you, that should be something you take up with her personally. There always are 2 sides to every story and I think Laura should have a chance to tell you hers.

LUV'n_PC said:
This is hardly my first post. Only under this ID. Laura tried to solicit me so I know what I'm talking about. I changed the user to post without any ramifications from her.
Cute, so you asked me for more information about my new venture via PM or Board Mail?

So, you paid money to bash someone without ramifications.

To quote the sergent on "The Academy"...

"You want to play games? I got more games than Milton Bradley...we can play some games!"

There is no need to attack ANYONE on this forum...EVER. If you disagree to the point of arguing, please do so privately. CS should be a "safe place".

Laura wasn't asking others to ask, she was trying to be respectful of the company and her contract, and not post the information on this board. So, she told people if they wanted to know to contact her privately. I see nothing wrong with that, and I respect her greatly for it.

I've said my peace/piece. Have a nice night!

Laura gave the exact same info to everyone... did you contact her just to see how much she would reveal? WTF?

Pampered Laura....
LUV'n_PC said:

At no time did I ever feel as I was being recruited. She's just making us all aware of where she'll be and what's going on. You should have read the whole forum before jumping down her throat!!!!

Often times a few of the cheffer's choose to be negative and take the negative road; I go away until I feel that's out of the system, but in all fairness I feel Pampered Laura was doing the best to follow the rules and no one should judge her differently until all the facts are out in the open. I know many other's who not only sell PC but other products with different DSA's and they have not been asked to leave.

Liz

<h2>1. Why did you resign from your directorship with Pampered Chef?</h2><p>I resigned from my directorship with Pampered Chef in order to sell for another Direct Sales company where the commission rates, overrides & show averages are much higher at the consultant & leadership levels. This is a career move in deciding where I focus my leadership.</p><h2>2. Are you quitting Pampered Chef altogether?</h2><p>No, I am not quitting Pampered Chef. This is simply a career move in deciding where I focus my leadership. My passion is to be a trailblazer and do things that no one else has done before, and I believe this new company can help me provide that for my future team.</p><h2>3. How did you come to this decision?</h2><p>I have weighed my options and compared the financial benefits for consultants between the two companies, and the numbers were staggering. I also had to consider that the rules state I cannot be a Director with Pampered Chef and sell for another company at the same time, so I had to resign in order to make this transition and move up in the new company's leadership structure.</p><h2>4. When will your resignation be effective?</h2><p>My resignation was emailed last evening and will be effective on August 1st.</p><h2>5. Can you provide more information about your new company and plans?</h2><p>I am sorry, but my hands are tied in how much information I can give as I am trying to be respectful of The Pampered Chef, the home office staff, and ethical principles. However, please know that my decision was not made lightly and I believe it is a wonderful and exciting opportunity for myself and the team I am planning to build.</p>

Related to Because of the Friendships That I Have Developed on This Board, I

1. Why did you resign from your directorship with Pampered Chef?

I resigned from my directorship with Pampered Chef in order to sell for another Direct Sales company where the commission rates, overrides & show averages are much higher at the consultant & leadership levels. This is a career move in deciding where I focus my leadership.

2. Are you quitting Pampered Chef altogether?

No, I am not quitting Pampered Chef. This is simply a career move in deciding where I focus my leadership. My passion is to be a trailblazer and do things that no one else has done before, and I believe this new company can help me provide that for my future team.

3. How did you come to this decision?

I have weighed my options and compared the financial benefits for consultants between the two companies, and the numbers were staggering. I also had to consider that the rules state I cannot be a Director with Pampered Chef and sell for another company at the same time, so I had to resign in order to make this transition and move up in the new company's leadership structure.

4. When will your resignation be effective?

My resignation was emailed last evening and will be effective on August 1st.

5. Can you provide more information about your new company and plans?

I am sorry, but my hands are tied in how much information I can give as I am trying to be respectful of The Pampered Chef, the home office staff, and ethical principles. However, please know that my decision was not made lightly and I believe it is a wonderful and exciting opportunity for myself and the team I am planning to build.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• susanr613
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies