• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Because of the Friendships That I Have Developed on This Board, I

Hi welcome to our virtual cluster!!!! dont' let the post scare ya!!! We really do like each other!!!

pamperedmom24 said:
Hi everyone, this is my first time ever posting, after a few weeks of trying to take all the posts in and catch up, Hi Kristi if your reading this, yes I am finally posting. Weird I'm kind of nervous as I type. Anyways, I wish now that I never came across this thread as it makes me sad. I am kind of a newbie to PC, just under a year and hate to hear negative talk among a company. I tend to take it to heart and dwell upon it. I'm not talking about bashing PC as after reading this entire thread I never felt that was anyone's intention. I have more of a negative taste in my mouth regarding the bashing of each other on some consultants part and the I'm better than you approach others have taken. The reason I picked PC over other DS companies was because I wanted to stay away from the catty nature that tends to run rampant in them (and I LOVE PC products).

When I came across this thread, I thought I understood it for what it was, a person venting about what was going on in their career, looking for a bit of support from others, and the other people giving their well wishes and "great job!", what it unfortunately turned into was some consultants going after each other and judging one anothers words. That makes me very sad. We should all have a place to go where other woman (or men) support each other and listen to each other even if we don't agree with the venue they are using or particular words they are saying. At times in our lives we just want someone to say "what a bummer", or "I'm so sorry for you" not judge every word or be told we are wrong for feeling that way. I thought this forum was the place for that and I hope I'm not wrong, because I need that kind of support for my business to be successful!

Wow, can't believe I just typed a novel. Thanks for letting me get all this out so maybe I can stop dwelling over the whole thing. And Laura I'm sorry you are going through this and wish you the best in all you do!

mommyhugz1978 said:
Hi welcome to our virtual cluster!!!! dont' let the post scare ya!!! We really do like each other!!!

Sure Leah, speak for yourself!

Just kidding!!!!! :eek: :D

HAHAHAHA!!! YOU KNOW YU LOVE ME!!!! :D :p

janetupnorth said:
Sure Leah, speak for yourself!

Just kidding!!!!! :eek: :D

MomToEli said:
I fully understand where Becky is coming from here.
I met you Laura in Chicago and have conversed with you on this board, and I think you are one of the cutest and sweetest people I've met. I don't know why the HO did what they did - all I know is that if I start feeling like I have to watch my back because they can't be trusted - well, then, I'm outta here. You've been very clear that you really have no idea why you were terminated, nor why TM was either. You don't know what role, if any actually, your up-line played in things either. I do believe you when you say you don't want anyone to have a negative attitude towards the company. Please realize that this continued line of discussion is indeed fostering an atmosphere of distrust. Surely you guys realize these "venting to family" threads aren't happening in a vacuum.

OK -- I'm stepping off my high horse now ...

Yep yep yep. I too, have consultants that I signed up with PC telling them it's a wonderful company with an amazing support group of consultants that are like brothers and sisters. I do not have any bad feelings about the company and my experiences with PC up till how they terminated me - were good ones. I still talk to my consultants regularly and still encourage them... I'm still doing PC shows with the same excitement and enthusiasm for the company.
I don't think I made a mistake in signing up to sell Pampered Chef, promoting to director, or building a team. This is NOT a bad company and the consultants/home office are NOT bad people. It's just an unfortunate incident that apparently got messy.
As far as I know (I've read this whole thread multiple times) I've never been negative about pampered chef as a company. I have issues with some "people" in the company - but who doesnt?

pamperedmom24 said:
Hi everyone, this is my first time ever posting, after a few weeks of trying to take all the posts in and catch up, Hi Kristi if your reading this, yes I am finally posting.

Hey! Is this Jennifer? I'm sorry, I'm really not feeling well tonight!:(

Very well said Laura.... I too met you at conference though I didn't' get to talk to you very much because you were doing the conga line...... BUT I thought you were very friendly and sweet... and gosh Love the boots..... But anyways I have noticed that their is a lot of PC bashing in this thread... however my question myself included if you find faults in the company then way are we selling the products?? MY ANSWER is ...... I Love the products I love that this is a family company......

IMHO :eek:

Pampered Laura said:
Yep yep yep. I too, have consultants that I signed up with PC telling them it's a wonderful company with an amazing support group of consultants that are like brothers and sisters. I do not have any bad feelings about the company and my experiences with PC up till how they terminated me - were good ones. I still talk to my consultants regularly and still encourage them... I'm still doing PC shows with the same excitement and enthusiasm for the company.
I don't think I made a mistake in signing up to sell Pampered Chef, promoting to director, or building a team. This is NOT a bad company and the consultants/home office are NOT bad people. It's just an unfortunate incident that apparently got messy.
As far as I know (I've read this whole thread multiple times) I've never been negative about pampered chef as a company. I have issues with some "people" in the company - but who doesnt?

Interestingly enough, I don't see much PC bashing at all. I see people venting about not understanding or being frustrated with the way things were handled in my situation, but for the most part I see very positive things being said about the company as a whole - from myself included.

PampMomof3 said:
Hey! Is this Jennifer? I'm sorry, I'm really not feeling well tonight!:(

Yes, its me, Jennifer. I'm sure it probably was hard to tell going by the tone of my post but it is the motherly/preachy part of me comming out. I get so used to lecturing my kids I forget that I may come off like that to adults. Also, I am probably PMSing which is why all of this has been getting to me.

After I do some playing around on this thing I'll add my signature. Sorry your not feeling well, it was great meeting you in Chicago.

Jennifer

I should have clarified myself .... I meant on other threads as well..... But I get what your saying as well!!! :)

Pampered Laura said:
Interestingly enough, I don't see much PC bashing at all. I see people venting about not understanding or being frustrated with the way things were handled in my situation, but for the most part I see very positive things being said about the company as a whole - from myself included.

rennea said:
First off welcome to the CS family:) And thanks for such a wonderful "first" post!! I look forward to chatting with you. You will find a wonderful group of people here.

I also look forward to chatting with everyone here. I was nervous to do my first post and look now I'm on a role!!

Jennifer

pamperedmom24 said:
I also look forward to chatting with everyone here. I was nervous to do my first post and look now I'm on a role!!

Jennifer

Take a little bit.. then you will get the hang of it.......... then you will be like the rest of us..needing chatting anyomus :rolleyes: :p :eek: :D

pamperedbecky said:
Welcome Pamperedmom24!!!

Don't let the recent postings deter you from this site because there is SO much information here and so, so many helpful people. I know it's disheartening when things sometimes aren't all that positive. It's happened before regarding certain things and I'm sure it will again someday. I just take it all with a grain of salt and support fellow consultants when I feel they've been wronged. You can probably see that we're a pretty close-knit group!:) I do get sad, too, when I realize new consultants or people who are thinking of becoming consultants stumble upon what can be viewed by some as negative threads. I guess it happens in ANY business, but hopefully won't discourage anyone from finding a wonderful career/hobby/whatever with PC. It's an awesome place here and we do work with a wonderful company!!! Some may disagree, but overall I think PC is outstanding and I can't see myself even thinking about being anywhere else.:D

Welcome, welcome! I wish you much success!

Yes, I agree this place seems like a wonderful place to network and get great ideas, it also has made me feel connected to PC everyday even when I can't get work done.

Sorry, I didn't mean to change the course of this thread (or maybe I did :rolleyes: )

Jennifer

Jennifer

Nah No worries.... we all do that .... LOL

pamperedmom24 said:
Yes, I agree this place seems like a wonderful place to network and get great ideas, it also has made me feel connected to PC everyday even when I can't get work done.

Sorry, I didn't mean to change the course of this thread (or maybe I did :rolleyes: )

Jennifer

Jennifer
No worries Jennifer it's what we call Hijacking a thread and we all do it!:rolleyes: Welcome aboard CS!

Hello All! I'm new here too. I joined just before conference. I've got a couple friends on the board including a conference roomie! HI JULIE!!! I just wanted to jump in here and say 'hello' and also that I know Laura. We're clustermates and while I'm sad she's leaving, I know she'll rock out her adventure! Even told her so the other day :) Hi Laura! :)

chrpangel said:
Hello All! I'm new here too. I joined just before conference. I've got a couple friends on the board including a conference roomie! HI JULIE!!! I just wanted to jump in here and say 'hello' and also that I know Laura. We're clustermates and while I'm sad she's leaving, I know she'll rock out her adventure! Even told her so the other day :) Hi Laura! :)

Welcome to our virtual Cluster!!!!

Well...OK... I am not posting this to start anything, but I always speak up when I believe in someone or something. I have been away and I didn't want anyone to see me not posting in here and take it as meaning something. So, here are my thoughts because I just know you all can't wait to hear what I have to say. I agree with most of what the HO does, but I admit, this is a bit confusing to me.

Laura: I am sorry this happened to you. What an awful blow. Who knows? Maybe this other company wouldn't have worked out; you could have come back to PC. Hey, if it doesn't work out, I'll sign you up! Seriously, I do wish you the best of luck with your new company or no company at all, please send me a catalog if/when you sign up with whoever it is that you may or may not be considering or not considering, if you are even considering at all.

chefjwr said:
Now you really have me wondering who you are.
Not me... I already know he or she is a coward. Not name calling here, just stating a fact. This person is afraid to stand behind his or her word. I have stated more than my fair share of unpopular, even some enbarrassing things, some things I regret saying, but they are my words, and I own them. The one thing that can't be taken away from you is who you are. If you can't stand by what you say, then why say it? We post all sorts of silliness with our "names" in full view--myself included--but what really counts is serious matters like these. (see my quote)

LUV'n_PC said:
This is hardly my first post. Only under this ID. Laura tried to solicit me so I know what I'm talking about. I changed the user to post without any ramifications from her.
I have to say this: Sounds like its a good thing for Laura that you didn't sign up, if you were "recruited" since you two have vastly opposing views of what is appropriate. And, that's just an awful trend you've started--much worse than the big hair of the 80's. Maybe we should all create alter egos and post really mean things. You probably would have done better if you had just posted your thoughts/feelings in a constructive way and allowed them to be addressed.

LUV'n_PC said:
I find this terribly amusing that Laura is playing the dumb blond "I don't know what is going on" act. It is clear in your contract that you can not recruit from Pampered Chef or speak to anyone about your new venture for 2 years and then she shows up on here, a public forum, and tells people she is leaving and to privately ask her for more information she can't say publicly. SHE CAN'T SAY IT AT ALL TO ANYONE. I understand from my ED that she told some of the wrong people that went to Home Office. I also heard at conference Friday that she stupidly sent her resignation to the CEO and Jean Jonas. Of course that got them asking questions and they found out what was going on.
I actually don't find any of this amusing. And, FWIW, I completed my junior and senior year of high school simulatenously. How's that for a "dumb blonde"? No need to attack anyone's personal appearance. And, there is a little thing is this country called "free speech". Perhaps you have heard of it? People die for it everyday. No one can force someone to say or not say something. And, if you are hinting at a confidentiality clause, a contract is really only valid when both parties give up something of value. Furthermore, if being direct and honest with everyone, including the people at HO is "stupid", then I would love to be just as stupid. This whole thing just has a terribly (not amusing) odd, familiar ring to it.

Pampered Laura said:
About Tom's termination letter getting cc'd to my ED and SD/AD? That is a huge violation of privacy. Since Tom is not in their lines whatsoever, they have no right to see his personal business.
This was a HUGE issue for me when information about Darby's status was emailed to another person, not even in her line. And guess what? After ALL that, nothing happened. And, quite possibly, that situation wouldn't have grown to be as bad as it had if that info hadn't been made public. For you Shakespeare fans... "...full of sound and fury signifying nothing." Regardless of which "side" of that argument you fell on, I think we all agree there is an issue with privacy here.

Well, I really, really, hope I didn't agravate anyone, I just wanted to stick up for my chum, here.

ETA: For the record, I would do it for anyone I felt was being attacked.

Welcome back from conference Anne we missed ya around here!

and fyi......I was several inches taller in the 80's.....I LOVED my big hair!

Nope - no aggravation here by what you posted, Anne! I have to agree with what you typed! Even if other people are aggravated by what you typed, that's THEIR problem, not yours. ;)

Thanks!

And, my hair, just wouldn't do big! Guess I was just jealous!

AJPratt said:
And, FWIW, I completed my junior and senior year of high school simulatenously. How's that for a "dumb blonde"?

You did! No way! So did I! The first (and last) in my highschool to do it, too. After me, people could only graduate 1 semester early. Of course, nobody thought I could do so they let me try.

Did you take really heavy classes? I had Chemistry, Physics, and Anatomy & Physiology all back to back that year. That's what this nerd called fun! :D

I took everything I had to.

I was in Honors/AP/Independent Study classes.

LUV'n_PC said:
This is hardly my first post. Only under this ID. Laura tried to solicit me so I know what I'm talking about. I changed the user to post without any ramifications from her.

What ramifications from HER -- she lost her agreement, she can hardly retaliate against you... but frankly I find it a lot cowardly that you don't have the guts to post under your "real" ID and instead have to hide behind a fake identification so you can call her names.

And by the way, it would be very easy for one of the admins to identify you -- since you are posting from the same IP address for both accounts.

So Laura who did you talk to that was in Wave 2 at conference?

I was wondering how long it would be before you were here Anne. Your post and words were very well thought out and written.

Oh how I miss the 80's hair, I was a follower I am sad to say:)

I want to play..I was 2nd in my class, in National Honor Society, Who's Who, and Drill Team and went straight on to the University of North Texas where I went through the Meadows Program in Education and got my MEd. in 5 years. All to be a Pampered Chef Consultant-- go figure.

Hey Laura (Ivykeep) you caught that too. This person heard about the situation while at Conference on Friday--WAVE 2. I would like to think that means that it is not someone in our cluster. We were all WAVE 1. Maybe that will make Laura (Pampered Laura) feel better too.
I do think that everyone can say their piece here and we don't have to hide identities. Maybe misunderstandings can be cleared up that way.
I am a Law and Order fan so Hummm... Now I am really wondering.... Cluster 2 .. WHO COULD THIS Luv'nPc be?

It's really not YOUR own business...
etteluap70PC said:
WOW....
This whole thing makes me want to email Jean and Marla to let them know about all the rumors floating arround and how disconcerting it is. This is just not right! We are independent contractors we should be told what type of things could get us dismissed without notice!

I have known of consultants who were horrible at their job and not nice to customers, do they get "fired" no! And they are the ones giving the CO a bad name! Now we have people high up in PC acting like catty little school girls? That does not make me feel very secure. I got into direct sales to avoud this kind of thing.

I would hope there would be some kind of statement from HO to set the reccord straight especially since Tom's name is so well known to all.

I love PC and can not see myself doing any other DS business but this whole thing to me is very sad!

While I definitely LOVE PC and have no plans (at ALL) for changing, it's stuff like this that makes the whole idea that as an independent consultant you are "owning" your own business a crock of ploooey. If it were truly your own business you couldn't be "terminated" without cause. Possibly your agreement might not be renewed, but you wouldn't be able to have the agreement ended before a specific contract date.

The closest analogy to what we do and owning your own business would be a franchise -- where you are selling products/services under a corporate name but running it your own way within the agreement. Those all have specific legal responsibilities on both parts including the length of contract and you can't be terminated early without a thorough discussion of what parts of the agreement you broke (typically done by lawyers).

If it were TRULY our own business, we would be able to tailor our business to us -- we could advertise whereever we wanted and we would be able to mind our own business (including offering additional lines of product). If it were really our OWN business we would be Manufacturer's representatives and able to have as many lines as we wanted (I've worked extensively with MR's in my past jobs and most represented lots of companies under one umbrella company with a similar theme -- not direct competitors in most cases but definitely in some).

Just my own little pout on what I consider one of the problems with our recruiting spiel -- it isn't our OWN business -- it's Pampered Chef's business that keeps us at arms length to protect their own interests. (Which is certainly their right, but is a bit daunting that they have so much in the recruiting information about owning your own business).

Just my .08 (inflation)

rennea said:
I was wondering how long it would be before you were here Anne. Your post and words were very well thought out and written.

Come hang out in the East side of Baltimore -- big 80's hair is still VERY much in style -- so is big 70's feathered wings (heavy feathers -- not the light flippy things that have recently graced some celebs)... it's like people found a style they liked and NEVER changed it. I'm not bashing them though -- they are some of the best customers EVER!!

AJPratt said:
Thanks!

Welcome back Anne...... We missed you and no agervation from me either.. you said what you needed to and got your point across!!! I didn't' have big hair in the 80's then again I was a little kid then too.... hmmmm would that have worked on an 8 year old?????:rolleyes: :eek: LMAO!!!!

Well, I have been pretty quite about this, but wanted to say how sorry I am that this has happened to you Laura. I was at Wave 2, but I heard nothing of this until Monday night...I think...when I logged on here. But, Tom was at Wave 2. Of course his name was called many times. When I saw this thread I called my director friend to ask if she had heard anything and she had not heard anything either. PC is losing some great people. Tom is always in the top for sales and recruiting. What are they thinking? I wish you the best in your new venture. Don't let all this get you down. You will do great.

ivykeep said:
While I definitely LOVE PC and have no plans (at ALL) for changing, it's stuff like this that makes the whole idea that as an independent consultant you are "owning" your own business a crock of ploooey. If it were truly your own business you couldn't be "terminated" without cause. Possibly your agreement might not be renewed, but you wouldn't be able to have the agreement ended before a specific contract date.

The closest analogy to what we do and owning your own business would be a franchise -- where you are selling products/services under a corporate name but running it your own way within the agreement. Those all have specific legal responsibilities on both parts including the length of contract and you can't be terminated early without a thorough discussion of what parts of the agreement you broke (typically done by lawyers).

If it were TRULY our own business, we would be able to tailor our business to us -- we could advertise whereever we wanted and we would be able to mind our own business (including offering additional lines of product). If it were really our OWN business we would be Manufacturer's representatives and able to have as many lines as we wanted (I've worked extensively with MR's in my past jobs and most represented lots of companies under one umbrella company with a similar theme -- not direct competitors in most cases but definitely in some).

Just my own little pout on what I consider one of the problems with our recruiting spiel -- it isn't our OWN business -- it's Pampered Chef's business that keeps us at arms length to protect their own interests. (Which is certainly their right, but is a bit daunting that they have so much in the recruiting information about owning your own business).

Just my .08 (inflation)

And your not a Director because why???? !!!! Seriosly that was very right on the money....... no pun intended towards (inflation) :D

mommyhugz1978 said:
And your not a Director because why???? !!!! Seriosly that was very right on the money....... no pun intended towards (inflation) :D

Because before Wave 1 of conference I wasn't even giving a recruiting discussion at my shows just a quick mention but not a real effort to recruit. (I had a hard time getting around the own your own business line) I got motivated at conference and got some great tips and incentive so plan to promote this fall (I want to at least be an FD for leadership).

chefjwr said:
I want to play..I was 2nd in my class, in National Honor Society, Who's Who, and Drill Team and went straight on to the University of North Texas where I went through the Meadows Program in Education and got my MEd. in 5 years. All to be a Pampered Chef Consultant-- go figure.

Okay, I'm playing too (temporary hijack)...I was such the geek...went to summer school every summer because I thought it was fun. I then actually dropped out of high school in the first semester of my senior year. I was bored sick (literally). Started college the next semester and then went back for my senior prom.

Okay Laura, you can have your thread back...oh, and I'll be buying from you...just love the idea of the "butter robe" :D (Don't go there KG)

leggy

Leggy: Too funny!

chefjwr said:
Never diss yourself for making an honest day's living! And, I have learned from others that it isn't esy for people to prepare a meal AND talk at the same time--so I guess it helps that we're really smart! LOL

rennea said:

Thanks! Sometimes when you don't say something, you say a lot, so I had to speak up for Laura. Hey, I'd rather be punched in the face than stabbed in the back! I saw lots of 80's hair in Chicago. LOL

Laura (IvyKeep): WOW! You are right on about that. I LOVE PC and LOVE that I have this, but we do have limitations as PC business owners that we wouldn't have if we owned a different type of business.

AJPratt said:
Thanks!

OOOhhhhh, I bet I could make your hair do it!

chefjwr said:
Hey Laura (Ivykeep) you caught that too. This person heard about the situation while at Conference on Friday--WAVE 2. I would like to think that means that it is not someone in our cluster. We were all WAVE 1. Maybe that will make Laura (Pampered Laura) feel better too.
I do think that everyone can say their piece here and we don't have to hide identities. Maybe misunderstandings can be cleared up that way.
I am a Law and Order fan so Hummm... Now I am really wondering.... Cluster 2 .. WHO COULD THIS Luv'nPc be?

What you also didn't catch before was that the person is a director or above...that was mentioned in the posts two...

But, I'm not for a witch-hunt so backing off...this went way to far when this person originally posted.

Laura has a great year this year, will have a great year next year in her new venture and the rest is between her and PC in my opinion and frankly none of our business. I know we look to each other for support but if Tom's stuff got CC'd to Laura's AD and ED, Laura and Tom need to deal with that with those people and HO, not us.

I'm a firm believer that when two people get married, the Bible teaches to leave your father and mother and cling to your spouse...why??? Just for these reasons...if you have a fight, you are to work it out with each other, not to run back to the respective parents to get support or to side with you. If you have a beef with someone take it to the person, not to the public to get support.

Sorry, couldn't resist my 2 cents too today...rough morning getting my kids going...had to vent too!

pamperedlinda said:
OOOhhhhh, I bet I could make your hair do it!

Anne just needs a few cans of Aqua Net hairspray!!!!

janetupnorth said:
Anne just needs a few cans of Aqua Net hairspray!!!!
You are too funny!

I agree with what you said! I just think its scary! I don't want my info being copied to anyone, and I think that if they can do it to someone like Tom, then they can do it to any of us. The privacy thing is important to me, but you are right about everything else--its no one business, and I think Laura was just looking for some support, or just confrimation of her feelings, and someone just jumped on it.

AJPratt said:
You are too funny!

I agree with what you said! I just think its scary! I don't want my info being copied to anyone, and I think that if they can do it to someone like Tom, then they can do it to any of us. The privacy thing is important to me, but you are right about everything else--its no one business, and I think Laura was just looking for some support, or just confrimation of her feelings, and someone just jumped on it.

I completely agree and actually I don't want to know who luvnpc is -- because that would really color my opinion of them -- I'm a believer that if you can't say it out loud with your own identity proudly displayed than it doesn't need to be said at all. This forum is to give each other support and while since we are all human beings and most of us with opinions we will sometimes have different points of view -- there is no reason why those points of view can't be expressed like adults.

Pampered Laura is understandably devestated. I am upset for her. For whatever reasons that HO decided to terminate her agreement, it clearly was unexpected. Perhaps Laura made an error in judgment with her post or maybe she got caught up in a larger issue, but either way, she acted in what she thought was an appropriate way that would allow her to keep her agreement and I feel badly that that isn't the case.

I feel that our annonymous poster just wanted to bash Laura. There are certainly ways to have given Laura insight as to why what happened, happened without being mean and nasty about it.

I also think there is a HUGE issue with privacy... there is absolutely no reason that anyone from HO (and I would suggest that a violation in privacy is an error in an individual at HO's judgment, not a reflection on the entire Home Office or TPC company), should have discussed anything having to do with any other consultant with anyone other than his/her immediate upline and the HO management team -- copying anyone else's director is completely inappropriate.

How can someone be Luv'n PC when they can't even mind their own business? Who is this person anyway?

ivykeep said:

Just my .08 (inflation)

PC is sure not unique in this. The other company I'm affiliated with is the same way.

It is you own business in so much as you establish your own hours, you establish your own involvement and commitment level. And we are able to advertise as we wish - just within the parameters the Company has established. I agree, though - it is more like a franchise.

The thing about terminating contracts, though ... that is really pretty standard in even MR contracts (at least one's I've been involved in). The issuer of the contract leaves themselves with a way out if they desire one. And that makes perfect sense. They may object, for instance, to they way that their merchandise is advertised. They need to have recourse as it IS their intellectual property.

Last edited:
Love your Avatar Sandy. Tell me more about it.

I don't post often, though I am trying to get better! I just wanted to say that ALL of this has been going on "heresay". I don't think anyone has actually seen Tom's termination that has the cc's on it. I don't even think Laura has (I could be wrong on that). I do admire how everyone on this board is like family and we all know as Janet said so well, how families are supposed to be. I am sure that each and everyone of us at one point has gotten involved in something where the facts are tossed out for the heresay, because that's all we have to go on. It still doesn't make it right.
This truly is between Laura, Tom and HO.
Hope I haven't upset anyone. I love this site and the people on it!

Ruthie

Hey Ruthie.....What part of Indiana you from?? Your right too.....sometimes we all do let our emotions carry us away.

Hey Tammy!

Northwest part. How about you?

Sorry for the hijack

Ruthie

No prob....We Hijack all the time. ;) I'm from Southern IN around B-Town. Nice to meet you! You should post more often. Rae Rae Bates and I need more support! :p

I'm trying to! I try to limit my time on here and i'm not a very fast typist!!

Ruthie

All I can say is 'WOW'. Yet another crazy thread here at CS....
Laura, I was shocked when I heard about this from Deb at wave 3. You have been such an inspiration to us all here, and have been on fire. But, I feel it's important to follow your heart & do what's best for YOU. I love PC & can't ever imagine leaving, but you must do what's in your heart. I wish you only the best of luck in your new venture:) Just know that you'll be missed--and I'm glad to hear that even with the frustrations you're feeling, you still love PC too!
I'd offer to recruit to in a year, but I think it's already been done;)

chefjwr said:
Love your Avatar Sandy. Tell me more about it.

It was taken off the front porch of the farm house we used to live in. A very big storm had just blown threw and this incredible double rainbow was left for us to enjoy. The only camera I had handy was my Palm Pilot. What I wouldn't have given for a high quality 35 mm that day!

Last edited:
<h2>1. Why did you resign from your directorship with Pampered Chef?</h2><p>I resigned from my directorship with Pampered Chef in order to sell for another Direct Sales company where the commission rates, overrides & show averages are much higher at the consultant & leadership levels. This is a career move in deciding where I focus my leadership.</p><h2>2. Are you quitting Pampered Chef altogether?</h2><p>No, I am not quitting Pampered Chef. This is simply a career move in deciding where I focus my leadership. My passion is to be a trailblazer and do things that no one else has done before, and I believe this new company can help me provide that for my future team.</p><h2>3. How did you come to this decision?</h2><p>I have weighed my options and compared the financial benefits for consultants between the two companies, and the numbers were staggering. I also had to consider that the rules state I cannot be a Director with Pampered Chef and sell for another company at the same time, so I had to resign in order to make this transition and move up in the new company's leadership structure.</p><h2>4. When will your resignation be effective?</h2><p>My resignation was emailed last evening and will be effective on August 1st.</p><h2>5. Can you provide more information about your new company and plans?</h2><p>I am sorry, but my hands are tied in how much information I can give as I am trying to be respectful of The Pampered Chef, the home office staff, and ethical principles. However, please know that my decision was not made lightly and I believe it is a wonderful and exciting opportunity for myself and the team I am planning to build.</p>

1. Why did you resign from your directorship with Pampered Chef?

I resigned from my directorship with Pampered Chef in order to sell for another Direct Sales company where the commission rates, overrides & show averages are much higher at the consultant & leadership levels. This is a career move in deciding where I focus my leadership.

2. Are you quitting Pampered Chef altogether?

No, I am not quitting Pampered Chef. This is simply a career move in deciding where I focus my leadership. My passion is to be a trailblazer and do things that no one else has done before, and I believe this new company can help me provide that for my future team.

3. How did you come to this decision?

I have weighed my options and compared the financial benefits for consultants between the two companies, and the numbers were staggering. I also had to consider that the rules state I cannot be a Director with Pampered Chef and sell for another company at the same time, so I had to resign in order to make this transition and move up in the new company's leadership structure.

4. When will your resignation be effective?

My resignation was emailed last evening and will be effective on August 1st.

5. Can you provide more information about your new company and plans?

I am sorry, but my hands are tied in how much information I can give as I am trying to be respectful of The Pampered Chef, the home office staff, and ethical principles. However, please know that my decision was not made lightly and I believe it is a wonderful and exciting opportunity for myself and the team I am planning to build.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• susanr613
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies