• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I run a successful business without leaving my child with a stranger?

I would recommend looking into joining a group like PC Woman Nation or something similar. They would be a great resource to connect with other military moms in your area. There's usually monthly get-togethers or something where you could meet new people. Just wondering if anyone runs their business entirely on fundraisers and catalog shows? We recently moved from NJ to Colorado Springs and I have not gotten back into the swing of things yet. Now we have found out that my husband is deploying for a year. I have a three year old and don't have childcare for shows. I really am lacking the motivation to keep my business going if it means I have to leave my child with a stranger, even if it's just
pcsharon1
Gold Member
Just wondering if anyone runs their business entirely on fundraisers and catalog shows?

We recently moved from NJ to Colorado Springs and I have not gotten back into the swing of things yet. Now we have found out that my husband is deploying for a year. I have a three year old and don't have childcare for shows. I really am lacking the motivation to keep my business going if it means I have to leave my child with a stranger, even if it's just once or twice every other week or so. I really don't want to completely give up my business but since I don't have contacts here even doing catalog shows to stay active is going to be a challenge. I would, however, be interested in doing a fundraiser once a month to help out needy organizations. Any suggestions for finding fundraisers?

Another question - and I know this is going to sound strange - do consultants who go inactive and resign later down the road (it would be a year) keep their original consultant number or get a new one when they resign? I am unnaturally attached to my consultant number :blushing::D

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I have been a consultant for a long time and I am having a really hard time making the decision to give up my business because I love PC and I make lots of friends through it.

I don't know about the catalog and fundraiser only thing. I think it could be feasible, but it would take a LOT of work.

As for the consultant number, I believe it depends on how long since you lost your consultant status. I have seen consultants that have been out for a while get a new number, but last September when the 6 month rule kicked in, I did see someone post that they re-purchased the kit right after hitting the 6 months, and they kept their consultant number. Keep in mind though, you only need to submit $150 every six months to keep your consultant number.

NooraK said:
Keep in mind though, you only need to submit $150 every six months to keep your consultant number.

That is true but then I couldn't re-sign and get a new kit. Also, possibly sign under a new person. My director is good to me. She keeps in touch and returns my calls as much as she can but..........I've never even met her. I've been passed down to her through two other directors. I would really like to sign under someone that I know. But I do also have two active consultants under me right now, which is another reason I am hesitant about quitting all together.

you may be able to keep yourself going long enough through catalog shows from your OLD contacts too. Enough to maybe reestablish yourself in the new area, maybe you'll meet some new people - (be it at church or military wives groups, etc?) and find someone you could trust to watch your child even if it's just for one cooking show a month! *Enough to keep the contacts fresh and going to get the other catalog and 1-2 cooking shows*. I think without at least 1 show a month or someway to get out and meet new contacts, you could "dry up" after awhile...but I'm sure it can be done.Maybe you could offer cooking classes in your home?
I'm sure a few of the other military mom's on here can offer advice (Sheila is the first that comes to mind!).I think you could do it to stay alive, but if you want to get a new director, you would lose your downline (and of course, after 2 months inactive- you'd lose career sale too which would drop your % - I'm just assuming your over $15k since you've been in the biz a long time)

esavvymom said:
Maybe you could offer cooking classes in your home?

That's what I'd suggest. Then you could hire someone to watch your child (in your home) during your parties.

I know a consultant that did most of her parties at her house.

It sounds like you've had some good suggestions presented, so I'll just touch on the consultant number. I was inactive for a year (under the old plan) and when I re-signed, they would not give me back my old consultant number. Its funny, to this day, I have to go look my new number up because I haven't memorized it yet - and I've been back since April. I still know my old consultant number by heart (and my old password, too)...I STILL have no clue what my new password is! :rolleyes:

In regards to your consultant number I received a new one after taking some time off. My old number 85671 and my new one is 499891. What a difference!

pamperedpals said:
In regards to your consultant number I received a new one after taking some time off. My old number 85671 and my new one is 499891. What a difference!

Huh? Did you have to resign and get a new kit??:confused:

I think you will have a much harder time getting bookings from Catalog Shows. I would recommend that you find a teen sitter & just do shows when they are available to watch your 3 year old. ;) My hubby is leaving at the end of Feb & won't return to Okinawa. He will go straight from a school to his new squadron. My adult sitter is scheduled to PCS in early Feb. So I'll only have the teen sitter as a resource since the majority of our close friends have all PCS'd in the last 6 months or will PCS before the end of January. :rolleyes:

But I spoke to the teen sitter recently (in front of her mother) and explained to her that I'm going to be relying on her a LOT in March & April to help out with the kids. She watched the kids every Wednesday during the summer so that I could go work a booth at the newcomer's brief. But since school started up, she's just working sporadic times for me now. She was SUPER excited about having the opportunity to work so much again. She likes having a steady income!!!

And when my 2 year old asks for the sitter on a daily basis, I know that she's happy with the arrangement! :D

I promise you, getting out & doing a couple of cooking shows each month will be a good break for you and for your 3 year old. Otherwise you two are going to be together 24/7 without Daddy home to help/intervene when you need a few minutes to yourself. Getting the "mommy" time at an adult show really helps break up the SAHM routine, gives you some "adult" conversation and gives your little one a change of pace & someone else to play with! :D

Check out local play groups in your area for fun for you & your little one. The other Moms can be a source of new contacts for sitters and hosts! :D Maybe you can even do a weekday SAHM show during a playgroup where you can bring your 3 year old with you!!! ;)

What is "Decisions, Decisions......"?

"Decisions, Decisions......" is a collection of products from Pampered Chef that are designed to help simplify and streamline the decision-making process in the kitchen. These products range from measuring tools to recipe books, all aimed at making cooking and meal planning easier.

How can "Decisions, Decisions......" products benefit me?

The "Decisions, Decisions......" products are designed to save you time and effort in the kitchen. By providing easy-to-use tools and resources, you can spend less time stressing over what to cook and more time enjoying delicious meals with your family and friends.

What types of products are included in "Decisions, Decisions......"?

The "Decisions, Decisions......" collection includes a variety of products such as measuring tools, cookbooks, meal planning tools, and more. These products are designed to cater to different needs and preferences, so you can find the perfect solution for your kitchen.

Can I purchase "Decisions, Decisions......" products individually or as a set?

You can purchase "Decisions, Decisions......" products both individually and as a set. This allows you to choose the products that best fit your needs and budget. You can also mix and match products to create your own personalized set.

Are "Decisions, Decisions......" products only for experienced cooks?

No, "Decisions, Decisions......" products are designed to be used by cooks of all levels, from beginners to experienced chefs. These products are meant to simplify the cooking process for everyone and make meal planning and preparation more enjoyable and stress-free.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Stephanie78
  • minirottie
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PamperedK
  • kristina16marie
  • General Chat
Replies