• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is it time for Baby Daniel to arrive?

In summary, Sandra's PC buddy told her that she is 36 weeks and one day and officially off of her bed rest. She was given her blessing to walk around the block, or the neighborhood, but cautioned that she may get tired easily. She did the laundry, loaded the dishwasher, and cleaned out a closet. She then went through the garage to sell some items on Craigslist. She slept for two hours after all that. She went through the whole "pray for baby to stay in...now pray for her to get OUT" scenario with her second child who is now six and told everyone to stop praying because she just wouldn't come out
DebbieSAChef
Hello everyone,
THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!

Thank you all for the support, encouragement, advice and most importantly prayers while I was on bed rest. My doctor saw me today for my appt. and told me that I am 36 weeks and one day and officially off of my bed rest.

She gave me her blessing to walk around the block, or the neighborhood and do pretty much everything she told me not to do during the bed rest. The catch, she said, is that I am probably used to the bed rest and will get tired very easily.

I did the laundry today, loaded the dishwasher and cleaned out a closet I have been meaning to get to. I slept for like 2 hours after all that!! LOL

It was great!!! I also went through the garage to search for some things I am selling on craigslist to clean out the garage. I have been having contractions but nothing really serious! I will keep you guys updated!

Now everyone stop praying for the baby to stay in my tummy and start praying for him to come out. I am so anxious to have him. I think it was the 3 weeks on bed rest! :eek: I am done with the nursery, washing his new clothes, and setting up his new bassinett in my room. I AM READY!!

I am also tired of my shots and stabbing my fingers with needles. I am very eager to breastfeed. I can't wait to hold little Daniel in my arms!!!

Debbie :D

Yay Debbie! May Daniel enjoy his last few moments/hours/days being in your tummy and may he safely be in your arms instead!

Zipadedoodah

WooHOO!! feels great to be up and around, I'll bet!

Sending baby vibes! I"m sure you are relieved to be up and around! :)

How wonderful! Good for you for doing what your doctor ordered!

I went through the whole "pray for baby to stay in...now pray for her to get OUT" scenario with our second, who is now six! Had to make an announcement at church for everyone to stop praying, because she just wouldn't come out!

Happy, healthy, easy delivery for you...and soon!

Wow - that three weeks certainly flew by. Well, for me anyway :D - I'm sure it didn't for you:eek: !! Congrats on making it to 36 weeks - I hope Daniel comes out soon and you can hold your precious baby in your arms.

May you be blessed with an easy delivery and a healthy baby!

Congratulations again!

Congrats Debbie!! Don't do too much tomorrow!! You'll over exhaust yourself like you did today!!!:p

yea!! have fun being off of bed rest!!

Yahoooooo! I'm happy for you. Enjoy the freedom.

Woohoo!
Hopefully, he waits until after today he needs his own special day to celebrate birthdays on. :)

Way to go Debbie! Praying for a smooth delivery now!

I am glad to hear you're doing well!!

Great news for you Debbie! I think the last month of waiting is the most difficult. However, after the births of each of my children (three) I really missed them being inside. I kept putting my hand on my tummy like they were still there!

Best wishes for an easy delivery of your precious Daniel!

Lisa

WHOHOO! Happy 4th!

Congrats! Now, just continue to make yourself rest! Otherwise you'll be exhausted. :)

Yay!!! It must feel so good to be up and about!

That's wonderful news Debbie!

Many blessings to you!

Great news Debbie. :)

Will someone let us know when little Daniel arrives?

If I would have had a boy, his name would have been Daniel Joseph.

Take care of yourself & don't "overnest"!:D ;)

Yea! Let's go dancing!!!

ThanksThanks everyone for the congrats and blessings my way.

I am trying not to overdue it, but I'm anxious. Really anxious!!! :eek:

Chef Kearns "Sandra" is my PC buddy here in town. I will try to let her know if Daniel arrives so she can let you all know. She is leaving Sunday for conference so hopefully this monkey will come out before then.

If not as soon as I am home I will get on here and let you all know. Daniel Joseph, I like the sound of that.
We are going with Daniel Jacob. I doubt this will be a fourth of July baby. Only about 45 minutes until midnight. My husband is working a 24 hour shift, he went in this morning at about 8 and I won't see him until about 8 or 9 tomorrow morning. I wish I could call him and say
"It's time to go to the hospital!!" But my contractions are not cooperating. They come and go and I am getting tempted to go walking around the block!! LOL But I wouldn't because it's dark and fireworks are still going on. They are so loud!! Plus my kiddos and neighbors would think I'm nuts!! LOL

Debbie :D

Truly excited for you Debbie!

kris

I am so glad for you Debbie. I will pray for a safe delivery for you and Daniel. Can't wait for him to get here and see pics of him!

Yay Debbie!!!
I had my daughter at 36 1/2 weeks! She came out just fine and has been a strong little girl from the start!!!
Congrats! I know how good it feels to return to a normal life! I was on bed rest/light duty in the years of late 1999 and 2000 from Dec. 15 to Feb. 15, where I was able to work, I sat and answered phones all day!
But then on Feb15, I had a bleed that put me in the hospital for 1 day, then I went on full bed rest until May 1st. Then I had a big time bleed that put me in the hosptial, all the way until I had my daughter on the 8th of June! I was officially in the hospital 36 hours shy of 6 weeks!!!
So when I got out, my hubby had to keep telling me to take it easy because I was so happy to be able to move around!
Again, congrats!

Praying for an easy delivery for you. Just don't let Gillian or me touch you in the mean time LOL:D

Related to Is it time for Baby Daniel to arrive?

What does "Officially off of Bed Rest" mean?

"Officially off of Bed Rest" means that a pregnant woman who was previously restricted to staying in bed or limiting physical activity due to a high-risk pregnancy has been cleared by her doctor to resume normal activities.

How long does bed rest typically last?

The duration of bed rest varies depending on the individual's condition and doctor's recommendations. It can range from a few days to several weeks or even months.

What are the common reasons for being placed on bed rest during pregnancy?

Some common reasons for bed rest during pregnancy include high blood pressure, preterm labor, multiple pregnancies, cervical incompetence, and placenta complications.

Can I still work while on bed rest?

It is best to discuss with your doctor about your specific job and if it is safe to continue working while on bed rest. In some cases, working from home may be possible, but it is important to prioritize the health of both the mother and the baby.

What are some tips for managing bed rest and staying comfortable?

Try to stay mentally and physically active within the limits set by your doctor. Engage in activities such as reading, writing, or crafting. Use pillows and cushions to support your body and avoid muscle stiffness. And most importantly, stay positive and ask for help when needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebbieSAChef
  • susanr613
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • AnnieBee
  • General Chat
Replies