• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Strict Bed Rest the Answer for This Pregnant Mom?

In summary, Debbie is 33 weeks pregnant and went to her doctor's appointment. She was having contractions during the non-stress test and when she was checked, she was almost 2 centimeters dialated. Her doctor sent her to the hospital and she was hooked up to an IV and given fluids to hydrate her. Her doctor was hoping it was just dehydration and the contractions stopped, but they didn't. Debbie is not on strict bed rest, but is only allowed to do light activities like going to the bathroom and eating. Her husband is off Fridays and Saturdays, so she is worried about how her kids will be with four different people taking care of them during the evenings. Debbie is praying for a healthy baby and that her relationship with God
OK, Debbie, we want to hear from you!!

Since you're near the end of your pregnancy, I assume you're also having weekly doctor appointments. So...be sure to give us an update, if you're going in tomorrow!!

<smile>

Paula

Thanks sooo much for the uodate ChefKearns! Glad to hear all is well!

Chef Kearns said:
She looks great! She looks like she's got a little bowling ball under her shirt. Her house was spotless! She looked rather content! I saw her on Wednesday. I know she is anxious to have the baby, but she seems to be holding up well. She has a great support system around her.

Yes, GrandmaRita, she is truly an AWESOME witness! I've seen her "upset", but you would never know. She definitely lives the Word! I am blessed to know her.

What is her actual due date? I could look through the thread, but I'm too lazy to do that right now!

I don't know when the actual due date is. I'm not sure she will make it though. I think that little boy is anxious to arrive :)

I am pretty sure that her due date is July 30th, but she usually has early babies (36ish weeks) like I did...

Hello LadiesHello everyone,

I am doing fine! I am still waiting patiently for this little boy to arrive. When Sandra (Chef Kearns) came to visit and deliver a wonderful baby gift, I was so happy to have company. I am 35 weeks today. So we are getting there slowly but surely. The doctor did say if the baby came this week it would be ok, but next week would be better. I am ready to have this child.
My due date is July 30th but my doctor said this baby is coming out any day now. I have an appointment tomorrow to see how much more I have dialated.
Sandra thank you for my Sudoku book. It's been great and my hubby is good at them so he helps me out. I had never done them before. They are fun! I also ordered some Paula Deen and Alton Brown shows on DVD since we don't have cable and I love cooking shows!
I'm sorry to hear someone on here said they have to be put on bed rest at 12weeks. We will pray for you. I think this is the log in name:
kmschroll2001
My 19 month old and 3 year old feel the same way, wondering why mommy can't play anymore, do bathtime or hold them as much. My husband has been great, even getting up with our 19 month old son who is having a hard time adjusting to his new bed. He used to sleep in a crib in our room. Now the crib is in the playroom, the bassinett is in our bedroom and our son sleeps with his big brother on the bottom bunk. We have rails set up and pillows everywhere. He is slowly getting used to the idea. My husband has been patient and wonderful. When our son gets up crying in the middle of the night, he jumps up and gets to him to try to reassure him and then that ends up waking up my three year old daughter. So my poor hubby ends up sleeping in the living room chair, floor or sofa with the babies.
I am hoping that I will have the baby sometime this week. The examination tomorrow at the doctor's appt. might just get me going on this labor.
Debbie :D

Debbie I am so glad you are OK!

<h2>1. What is strict bed rest?</h2><p>Strict bed rest means staying in bed at all times, with limited movement and activity, in order to prevent any potential complications during pregnancy.</p><h2>2. Why would a pregnant mom be put on strict bed rest?</h2><p>Pregnant women may be put on strict bed rest if they are experiencing preterm labor, high blood pressure, or other pregnancy complications that could potentially harm the mother or baby.</p><h2>3. What activities are allowed on strict bed rest?</h2><p>On strict bed rest, pregnant moms are only allowed to get up to use the bathroom, shower, and fix meals for themselves. All other household tasks, such as cooking, cleaning, and caring for other children, should be avoided.</p><h2>4. How long will a pregnant mom typically be on strict bed rest?</h2><p>The length of time a pregnant mom will be on strict bed rest varies depending on the individual's situation. It could range from a few days to several weeks or even until the baby is born.</p><h2>5. What can a pregnant mom do to cope with being on strict bed rest?</h2><p>Some ways to cope with being on strict bed rest include staying connected with friends and family through phone calls or video chats, finding activities to do while in bed such as reading or listening to music, and seeking support from a therapist or support group. It's also important to follow your doctor's instructions and get plenty of rest.</p>

1. What is strict bed rest?

Strict bed rest means staying in bed at all times, with limited movement and activity, in order to prevent any potential complications during pregnancy.

2. Why would a pregnant mom be put on strict bed rest?

Pregnant women may be put on strict bed rest if they are experiencing preterm labor, high blood pressure, or other pregnancy complications that could potentially harm the mother or baby.

3. What activities are allowed on strict bed rest?

On strict bed rest, pregnant moms are only allowed to get up to use the bathroom, shower, and fix meals for themselves. All other household tasks, such as cooking, cleaning, and caring for other children, should be avoided.

4. How long will a pregnant mom typically be on strict bed rest?

The length of time a pregnant mom will be on strict bed rest varies depending on the individual's situation. It could range from a few days to several weeks or even until the baby is born.

5. What can a pregnant mom do to cope with being on strict bed rest?

Some ways to cope with being on strict bed rest include staying connected with friends and family through phone calls or video chats, finding activities to do while in bed such as reading or listening to music, and seeking support from a therapist or support group. It's also important to follow your doctor's instructions and get plenty of rest.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• whiteyteresa
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • DebbieSAChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
krzymomof4
  • DebbieSAChef