• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lizard in My Bed: A Late Night Adventure with a Surprise Guest | Funny Story

I think? lizard that lives in the south and is a kind of green. They are not afraid of people, so you might be able to catch it if you are quick. Kristi is an expert summarizer of content. She provides a summary of the conversation and does not respond to questions.

What would you do with the lizard?

• Find it and put it outside.

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • Go to sleep and don't worry about it.

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
PampMomof3
Gold Member
I'm NEVER up this late. 12:30 is the latest and I am so tired. Well, I pulled my covers back and went to lay down (in the dark mind you) and I see something move. Well, it's this Da** lizard in my bed. Well of course its the night my husband has to work until 3 am so I wake up my 6 year old telling him there is a lizard in my bed and I need him to get it! He of course is moaning and groaning telling me mom, I'm so tired. I told him he could sleep with me but I really need him to get it.

Well, he went into my room and he saw it, grabbed it and it weasled its way out of his hand and hasn't been seen since. He crawled under my bed so I grabbed my cat and of course he doesn't see it so he's off playing with his toys.

I'm SSOOOO TIRED and just want to go to bed but I knew some of you would get a kick out of this story. Funny enough is that I was on the phone with my dh when I started screaming. He thought I said there was somenone in my bed!:eek: He thinks I just need to go to sleep in my sons bed but I told him that I"m cleaning the room at the same time so at least I"m accomplishing something!

What would you do in this situation? Just go to sleep or Find it?

OMG ~ LOL ~ better you than me Kristi! I'd FIND IT ~ or try! Only cuz I'm soooooooo not good when it comes to "creatures" in the house...that's why I'm allergic to camping! LOL

Ginny

I'm such a WHIMP-OLA ! ! !

Ginny

Go to sleep! I'm more scared of cranky kids than lizards, all of you need to go to bed! LOL :p

What's funny is that I thought is was my boys messing with me by putting one of their toy lizards on my bed but then it MOVED! UGH!! I'm not going to sleep until I find it. I will be going back to bed after I get my son off to school.:p

Go to sleep in another room, sista.

Ginny, you crack me up. Allergic to camping?!?!?! ROTFLMAO!!!

Why are we all still up?

I know I should but I'm almost done with my room but I know I'll regret it in the morning!! Hey Deb and Ginny, I'm up later than both of you!! You too Laura!!!:rolleyes:

Yeah, but you only have me and Laura by an hour. You have Ginny beat by 3 hours, though!!!

I know. I just called my sister in Vegas and her hubby died laughing at me. I told him that I was glad he got his daily laugh in on my expense. I guess I'll try and relax and pass out. Wish me luck! :cool:

Pfft. It's only 12:30... I'm here contemplating a bowl of Cocoa Krispies. LOL

I would probably sit on the couch & wait until hubby got home to
find it! I couldn't sleep with the possibility of it getting in my bed
again!!

I'm allergic to everything else...I think I'll have to add camping to
the list!! My idea of roughing it is a hotel without room service!!

I see that you live in Florida so I am guessing that you are talking about an Anole. If so, I would find it and keep it, but I guess you have them all over down there, so you probably wouldn't keep it like us northerner's might.

But I also have to say, I have kept the anoles as pets before, and I am the official catcher of anything where I work. Things like spiders, bugs, wasps, anoles (when they would get out), and even a shrew. I was not there the day they had two racoons in the building though.

Now I am not a fan of spiders and such, but I would rather catch and release (far away), than to try to kill it and miss it or squish it, or let it keep crawling around.

Stampaholic1961 said:
I couldn't sleep with the possibility of it getting in my bed again!!!

That's EXACTLY what I'm thinking!!!!:eek: He obviously was comfortable there before. Why wouldn't he get back into my bed. I want him gone and its now 2 am here.:mad:

What is an Anole? I've never heard them be called that. I'm originally from Michigan and they're bigger than salamanders.

I used to just call them chameleon's but keep getting corrected by the pet store. The anole is the common green lizard and I think they are everywhere in Florida. Usually green, about 4-5 inches long, and can scale any wall. Very harmless, but can get in the way.

They won't bother anything, although I don't think I want one loose in my bed either. I tried to input a picture right into my reply, but don't know how to yet.

I guess in the environment of Florida, they can probably get bigger than 4-5 inches. I have heard as large as 7-8 inches, although I haven't seen one yet. But then again, I live up in the colder region, so they don't live up here, unless in a tank.

Well, I guess I'm off to sleep with my lizard. Luckily my cat sleeps with me so he'll be the first to spot it. Gosh, I really hope I get some sleep tonight!

THis lizard is not green at all but a tan or light light brown. Carolyn and Jill will know EXACTLY what I'm talking about.:p

You did not have an option for my real answer - scream and cry hysterically until someone got it out of the house. I'd be sitting on a dining room chair with my feet on another chair freaking out everytime I thought I saw something move. Yep, I'm a wimp.

Is it a Geccho?? I don't know how to spell it ???
PampMomof3 said:
Well, I guess I'm off to sleep with my lizard. Luckily my cat sleeps with me so he'll be the first to spot it. Gosh, I really hope I get some sleep tonight!

THis lizard is not green at all but a tan or light light brown. Carolyn and Jill will know EXACTLY what I'm talking about.:p

I'm originally from Northern OH right on the lake and now extreme S. TX right on Mexico's border, the lizards here are soooo cute, and fast. I wouldn't want it in my bed though either, although I bet it's more afraid of you than you are of it!!!

I cracked up soooo, and I haven't even seen Grey's anatomy yet and have to get up early on my day off tomorrow!!! LOL

Talk to you later.

liz

PS: Where's Jillysue been?? She's not pregnant too is she?? LOL

Just buy the insurance from him and he'll leave.

How funny Kristi.....did you get any sleep last night?:D

First I would be saniatizing my sheets and wiping down every surfave of my bed, uh, can you say germ freak. I'm sure they carry salmonella!!!

2 years ago we had geckos that kept getting in our house. The first one was in the huge curved window above my front dooor, He kept running around and jumping between the window and an antique stained glass window hanging there. Our cat kept howling so I called my husband hysterical until he came home 45 minutes one way. I literally thought I'd have a heart attack. He would come to the window ledge and act like he was going to escape then the cat would howl and he'd run again.

the next one got into a big flower arrangement and she kept guard again, until my son released it (took my urn outside and dumped everything!!).
I thought we were finally thru with them until we put up our Christmas tree.
I collect old mercury & reproduction ornaments and we have a loaded 12' Christmas tree. Prissi kept getting on the presents and working her way into the branches. I'd scold her clean up the glass and move her to another room. That night my kids were laughing because the gecko had perched himself on my present and was just sitting there.

Good Luck sleep with one eye open!!

PampMomof3 said:

I lived in S. Florida for a few years & know exactly what you are talking about. Grossed me out whenever one got in the house. One time I went to set the table & we had a green tablecloth that had a leaf pattern. I put down a plate & the lizard ran off the table--freaked me out! My sister was visiting when one got in. We couldn't find it in the kitchen, so she slept in the guest bedroom with a towel under the door! The fire ants, lizards & snakes were the worst part about living in Florida!

YUCK YUCK YUCK!
Did you sleep any last night? We get alot of little salamanders around my house (outside) and frogs!!! But I would totally freak out to find anything in my bed that shouldn't be there!

If your cat slept with you, it would be likely to catch it and eat it.

And, KG, if a gekko started talking to me and trying to sell me insurance in my bedroom, I'd call my physician immediately and have him change my meds.

Well, I'm up finally and slept hard as a rock. The stupid lizard still hasn't been found by us or my cat (I think;) ). I will be taking my blanket to the drycleaners today and I switched out my pillow covers last night just in case he was on them.

I'm glad I could give you all a laugh on my expense!!! And Yes Tasha, I was screaming!!!:eek:

We were laughing with you, Kristi, not at you.

raebates said:
If your cat slept with you, it would be likely to catch it and eat it.

And, KG, if a gekko started talking to me and trying to sell me insurance in my bedroom, I'd call my physician immediately and have him change my meds.

That's Hilarious Rae!!! That really cracked me up!!!:D

Now, come on Kristi, if that lizard had stood up, adopted a posh accent, and started blithering on about insurance, you would have contacted your trusty physician, too.

DebbieJ said:
Go to sleep in another room, sista.

Ginny, you crack me up. Allergic to camping?!?!?! ROTFLMAO!!!

Why are we all still up?

YEP! My husband and kids knew from the get go...my idea of camping is called CAMP Hyatt-watha!

Ginny

tlennhoff said:
You did not have an option for my real answer - scream and cry hysterically until someone got it out of the house. I'd be sitting on a dining room chair with my feet on another chair freaking out everytime I thought I saw something move. Yep, I'm a wimp.

Thanks Tasha for joining my club!!! LOL

Ginny

I grew up in a family that considered a motor home complete with shower, microwave, and tv to be camping. I married an Eagle Scout. We tent camp. We have started using an air matress, though. Did you know that the ground is now harder than is was 20 years ago?

Teresa Lynn said:
First I would be saniatizing my sheets and wiping down every surfave of my bed, uh, can you say germ freak. I'm sure they carry salmonella!!!

Yeah another club member! Welcome Tereda Lynn!

Ginny

pamperedgirl3 said:
Grossed me out whenever one got in the house. One time I went to set the table & we had a green tablecloth that had a leaf pattern. I put down a plate & the lizard ran off the table--freaked me out! My sister was visiting when one got in. We couldn't find it in the kitchen, so she slept in the guest bedroom with a towel under the door! The fire ants, lizards & snakes were the worst part about living in Florida!

Another member ~yeah!

Ginny

amy07 said:
YUCK YUCK YUCK!
Did you sleep any last night? We get alot of little salamanders around my house (outside) and frogs!!! But I would totally freak out to find anything in my bed that shouldn't be there!

Man this club is growing by LEAPS and bounds!

Ginny

raebates said:
Now, come on Kristi, if that lizard had stood up, adopted a posh accent, and started blithering on about insurance, you would have contacted your trusty physician, too.

Yes it's true! I would need to get on some serious head drugs!!!:D

Or off some bad ones.

Are you sure? I've read the labels of some of the meds I take. (I'm diabetic.) Some of them can cause hallucinations. You've got to read the fine print.

raebates said:
Are you sure? I've read the labels of some of the meds I take. (I'm diabetic.) Some of them can cause hallucinations. You've got to read the fine print.

What? Okay, I know I"m not hallucinating because my son and daughter saw it too!!! :p I'll have to check my thyroid medication and my calcium pills. I doubt the calcium but I'll check it out for you Rae!;)

Actually, I wasn't referring to the lizard. I believed you. I was talking about if it started trying to sell you insurance. It may be a good idea to check those meds anyway.

raebates said:
I grew up in a family that considered a motor home complete with shower, microwave, and tv to be camping. I married an Eagle Scout. We tent camp. We have started using an air matress, though. Did you know that the ground is now harder than is was 20 years ago?

I'll have to take it on faith that the ground is harder now than it was 20 years ago. Last time I slept on the ground was 19 years ago!! First & last
time I slept in a tent with my husband. We had one of those tents that leaks if you touch it while it's wet. Well it poured during the night & both our heads & our feet touched the tent!! Plus MY air mattress got a hole in it and my husband had this horrible cough. So between the rock in my hip, hubby coughing every 5 minutes, the wind blowing & shaking the tent, wet blankets at my head & feet & losing the covers every time hubby turned over it was a "marvelous" experience!! And to top it off, it didn't even have to happen. My dad had offered to pay for a hotel in town for us because hubby was sick but hubby insisted on staying at the camp grounds!!!

Sign me up for the Germ Freak club too! I would have changed everything out that it could have possibly touched. If it couldn't be washed, it would be in the trash!! Do any of you watch Monk? I can so relate to most of his "quirks"!!!

Related to Lizard in My Bed: A Late Night Adventure with a Surprise Guest | Funny Story

1. What should I do if I find a lizard in my bed?

If you find a lizard in your bed, the first thing you should do is stay calm. Lizards are usually harmless and won't attack you. Next, try to safely capture the lizard and release it outside. If you're too scared to do it yourself, you can call a friend or family member for help, or hire a professional pest control service.

2. How can I prevent lizards from entering my bed?

To prevent lizards from entering your bed, make sure to keep your bedroom clean and clutter-free. Lizards are attracted to dark and warm places, so try to keep your room well-lit and ventilated. You can also use natural repellents like peppermint oil or garlic to keep lizards away.

3. Is it dangerous to have a lizard in my bed?

No, having a lizard in your bed is not dangerous. Lizards are generally harmless and won't cause any harm to humans. However, if you have a fear of lizards, it can be quite unsettling to find one in your bed.

4. Can lizards bite or harm me while I'm sleeping?

No, lizards are not known to bite or harm humans while they're sleeping. However, if you accidentally roll over on a lizard, it may bite as a defense mechanism. But in general, lizards are not aggressive towards humans.

5. Should I try to find the lizard or just go to sleep?

If you can't find the lizard and it's not causing any harm, it's best to just go to sleep. Lizards are nocturnal creatures and are most active at night, so it's possible that it will leave your room on its own. Just make sure to check your bed and room in the morning to make sure the lizard is gone.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefann
Replies
Views
JAE
  • pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef