• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

theStrangest Thing Happened Last Night

In summary, at 2 AM last night, my husband was awakened by noises coming out of the master bathroom. He noticed that DH was up, and he's got the light on in there. He wonders momentarily what he's doing, then go back to sleep. Then DH comes out of the bathroom, grabs shoes, and some clothes, and goes out of the room. I'm left wondering what he's doing at two in the morning. I realize that the noises are still coming out of the bathroom. Like someone scratching at something. I sit up in bed to try and figure out if I'm hearing this
NooraK
Gold Member
At 2 AM last night, I am awakened by noises coming out of the master bathroom. I notice that DH is up, and he's got the light on in there. I wonder momentarily what he's doing, then go back to sleep. Then DH comes out of the bathroom, grabs shoes, and some clothes, and goes out of the room. I'm left wondering what he's doing at two in the morning.

Then I realize that the noises are still coming out of the bathroom. Like someone scratching at something. I sit up in bed to try and figure out if I'm hearing this right, and DH comes back into the room. "There's something in the pipes," he says.

There's something in the pipes?

Yes, sure enough. The noise is coming out of the drain for the shower stall, and it sounds like there's something in there, crawling around. I went downstairs to the garage (the drain line runs through the ceiling in there, it's not covered up) to try and pin point the sound. DH was boiling some water, which he was going to pour down the drain. He had already poured water from the shower down there.

By the time I got downstairs though, it had stopped. I did keep the bathroom door tightly shut until morning though. Just in case.

Has anyone ever heard of anything like this? I can't imagine how anything could have gotten in. We do have a septic system, though. But we couldn't find any stories with Google.

I'm kind of weirded out...

Did your husband actually pour boiling water down the drain? If so, you are definitely going to need to call a plumber now. Otherwise, you'll have a odor in a couple of days from the dead animal (probably rodent) decaying in the pipe.

it can be a rat. My parents had onbe in there house and they live on a farm so ya. it was scarry. my dad is a hunter and puts a deer camera in the kitchen and sure enought it was a rat and big.

Rodent would be my guess, too.

Ewwww... yet another reason why my next house will be on a sewer! Not that it's not possible in a sewer system, too, but I would think less likely since that's usually a sealed system.Yes, DH did pour the boiling water down the drain. I wasn't awake enough to realize what he was doing, and when I did realize this morning, it was too late. I hope whatever it was had already left...

At least it was contained to a pipe! :D I remember growing up, my parents were temporarily sleeping in a front den while remodeling their master bedroom. There was a set of open stairs that came down over their bed and down the side. My mom woke up to see this body slowly crawling down the stairs - two feet at a time...right over her head.
Other times- they had seen tiny paw-prints in the dust on her headboard.Before they finished off our garage, a rat and I came face to face as a kid- it screamed, I screamed and we ran opposite directions and I slammed the door.

(we grew up in the country around alot of farm fields...so mice weren't uncommon, but rats?! UGGH)

Yikes! Hope it wasn't a snake...

The last noise in our bathroom was a raccoon under our sink! At least you know it wasn't that!

Ooh- I hate the outdoors in my indoors. Good luck.

WE had a squirrel get into our pipes!!! Came in through the vent pipe in the roof. Caused quite a bit of damage. Hope you get your mystery solved!!!

No, mystery not solved. Actually, in my mind, it's taken a turn for the worse. At least as far as my perspective goes.

This morning, as I was leaving for work, I noticed that some of the Mac 'N Cheese boxes I have on a shelf in the garage had been knocked over. Yesterday, we had noticed a bunch of little bits of black rubber on the floor by the garage door, and discovered they were from that bit on the bottom of the garage door that's supposed to seal out rain. As I mentioned, the pipe that we heard the noise from, runs through the ceiling of the garage, and the ceiling is not closed in.

Now I'm thinking that whatever it was, it may not be in the pipes, but in the garage. Which means it can get into the house, because the ceiling is not closed, and it could climb through to the inside. And we have a BUNCH of junk in the garage because we've been putting stuff in there to get ready for a garage sale.

Oh boy, this is certainly not a turn in the direction I would have liked it to take.

Set out some rodent traps all in that ceiling area. Or call an exterminator so it doesn't do any more damage. Good luck!

we had a cat do this once...........did some damage to our plumbing. I have no idea how it did that, but it wasn't pretty.

Hang in there!!! And sleep with a can of Raid. LOL

Well, DH went through the garage yesterday, and whatever it was appears to be gone. I have determined that it was all my fault though. :embarrassed: I had forgotten that a few nights ago I forgot to close the garage door, and it was open all night. It seems that whatever little bit of that black rubber on the bottom of the door that was chewed off made enough of space for it to get out.

probably a chipmnunk or a field mouse, we have trouble with field mice, so I keep poison out for them all the time. One ate the styrofoam from the insulated garage door, and was living inside the door, I used duct tape to trap him in, heh

Related to theStrangest Thing Happened Last Night

1. What is "theStrangest Thing Happened Last Night"?

"theStrangest Thing Happened Last Night" is a collection of recipes and cooking tips from Pampered Chef that focus on using unexpected ingredients and cooking methods to create unique and delicious dishes.

2. Are the recipes in "theStrangest Thing Happened Last Night" difficult to make?

No, the recipes in "theStrangest Thing Happened Last Night" are designed to be easy to follow and can be made by cooks of all skill levels. However, they may require some ingredients or equipment that you may not already have in your kitchen.

3. Can I purchase "theStrangest Thing Happened Last Night" in stores?

No, "theStrangest Thing Happened Last Night" is exclusively available through Pampered Chef consultants or on our website. Contact your consultant to place an order or visit our website to find a consultant near you.

4. Are the ingredients used in "theStrangest Thing Happened Last Night" recipes expensive?

No, the ingredients used in "theStrangest Thing Happened Last Night" are common and can be found at most grocery stores. We also offer budget-friendly substitutions for certain ingredients in our recipes.

5. Can I host a cooking party featuring "theStrangest Thing Happened Last Night" recipes?

Yes, hosting a cooking party featuring "theStrangest Thing Happened Last Night" is a great way to introduce your friends and family to new and exciting recipes. Contact your consultant to schedule a party and they will provide all the necessary materials and ingredients.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smspamperedchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sk8rgrrl99
  • candiejayne
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
candiejayne
  • tlag1986