• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Crazy Neighbor Drama: When Living Next to Her Becomes Unbearable

In summary, a woman was angry with her neighbor and threw water on her. The neighbor then threw a fit with her husband and threw things. This went on for 9 months. The neighbor's husband looked at the light and saw a crack in the ceiling. They moved and are now safe.
pcchefjane
Gold Member
I think my neighbor and Julie's are related! :cry:After posting to her thread yesterday about the crazy woman who is my upstairs neighbor, I took my grandson outside to my deck to play. Her deck is right above me. We are out there about 20 minutes and I hear her come out with her little boy. We had a terrible rainstorm Sunday night/Monday wee hours, so the decks are wet. Mine has dried off enough to go out with Josiah who is begging to blow bubbles. Suddenly I feel water hitting my head! I said, "We are down here and water just hit me." Now my grandson talks all the time and she could not help but hear us. She says, "Oh I didn't realize anything was wet"! Give me a break! So I just let it go and pray that she realizes she did that on purpose. I go to my Cluster Meeting and come back about 9:45 last night. She is out on the deck smoking. I am tired anyway, have to park on the other side of the parking lot and my hip/leg is hurting badly and I am leaning on my cane pretty heavily. She says, "I want you to know that I'm sorry for spilling the water on you. I don't remember if I apologized or not." I said, "It's fine, dear" and walked on in my apt. At 10:25, she and her DH were having one of their fights, throwing things and my desk stuff would vibrate. :eek: I kept listening to see if they were yelling but they weren't so I couldn't call the police. What would I say, "They are making a lot of noise banging around?" Finally at 12:15 a.m., it gets quiet. I go to bed and fall asleep around 1 a.m. I call the landlord's office because I am done...this has gone on for 9 months and I am stressed and just over it. I leave 2 messages and my SIL tells us at lunch if I don't speak with the lady in charge by the time he gets off, we are going down there. So at 4:45, my SIL calls the office himself and asks if we can come down to talk to Paula today. We go and tell her all that is happening. She said she knew they had told her there was a continuous problem. I told her about the water incident then the noise last night. I ask since that this is harrassment, can I get out of my lease? She said the owner may not let me, but she will see and let me know. She said she would also talk to the neighbors about the excessive noise. :thumbup: We go back to my place and are eating dinner when there is 5 very excessively long noises right overhead.:eek: There is a minute stop then 5 more.:eek: My SIL says I am not staying there tonight and get my stuff to go to their house...he is afraid for my safety! While I am in there, he looks at the light that is right on the ceiling where the noise hit. There is now a crack in the ceiling... I am very upset to say the least that I had to leave my home because I was not SAFE! :mad::mad:

Now I feel a little better! This lady is nuts! If they were in the same town, I would almost think it was a relative of Julie's neighbor! I have tried being nice...I have tried calling the police when they are screaming so loudly that I hear them over my TV or stereo...but tonight really did it! :grumpy:

Wow - sorry to hear you're going through this. We should have a whole forum called "Crazy Neighbors". We're dealing with some crazy ones, too, and we're praying that they're going to move soon.

On a slightly funny note, when I first moved into my own apartment I lived above a couple who really enjoyed sex. At least that's what I understand from the constant "Oh yes, yes, yes!" I heard and the banging of the bed against the wall.

Good luck - I hope you're able to get out of your lease and into a new apt.

I hope you can get out of your lease. It sounds as though you do have an crazy neighbor. I pray for your safety.

pcchefjane- I know I teach geography, but aren't Oregon and Tennessee next to each other? I think they must. Oh, my neighbors flowers were stomped on too. She told my landlord about that too. Boo hoo- We're not the only ones in the neighborhood. I'm sorry to hear about your noise. I would call the police. You need a documented record of the goings on. Report the damage to your ceiling. There are noise ordinances. Check what time at night there should not be any noise. Ours is 10 PM. Good luck! Keep us posted. I'm praying that we get in to see the house tomorrow night and can make an agreed arrangement to get in by mid October.

I talked with the landlord this morning. She said she had not even spoken to her yet. I told her the plaster around the living room light fixture is cracked and that I didn't stay here last night. She said she would talk to the owner and the lady upstairs. She said if this was continuous, it would not matter who lived here. After I got back from my meeting (after a 160-mile round trip), I came back here to go to bed for a nap...only had 5 hours sleep on my DD & SIL's sofa... It doesn't look like she went crazy again so I am hoping she will let me sleep... I am exhausted and the stress makes it worse! Maybe she has a relative in Oregon, Julie!:grumpy:

dianevill said:
Wow - sorry to hear you're going through this. We should have a whole forum called "Crazy Neighbors". We're dealing with some crazy ones, too, and we're praying that they're going to move soon.

On a slightly funny note, when I first moved into my own apartment I lived above a couple who really enjoyed sex. At least that's what I understand from the constant "Oh yes, yes, yes!" I heard and the banging of the bed against the wall.

Good luck - I hope you're able to get out of your lease and into a new apt.

Me and my husband had the same problem at one of our apartments. It was a continuing feud between this couple and us...they KNEW we could hear them every night, but they continued on. They finally got enough harassing calls from the landlord on our behalf that they moved out.

pcchefjane said:
I talked with the landlord this morning. She said she had not even spoken to her yet. I told her the plaster around the living room light fixture is cracked and that I didn't stay here last night. She said she would talk to the owner and the lady upstairs. She said if this was continuous, it would not matter who lived here. After I got back from my meeting (after a 160-mile round trip), I came back here to go to bed for a nap...only had 5 hours sleep on my DD & SIL's sofa... It doesn't look like she went crazy again so I am hoping she will let me sleep... I am exhausted and the stress makes it worse! Maybe she has a relative in Oregon, Julie!:grumpy:

Take care!

The landlord said she would talk to the owner about the situation. She also told me to document time/incidents. I asked her to ask the owner about me moving and getting out of my lease. She said she would ask about that as well. Hopefully we can!

LOL @ Diane's comment .... do people really dsy that in the heat of the moment
We are very lucky, all of our neighbors are fabulous.
Monday the 2 little boys across the street brought me this huge plant they could barely carry. Their mom had told them how sad/nervous/anxious I was over Zach and the Hurricane situation so after football they brought it over with a big hug from both

FYI, my landlord is letting me leave whenever I want to. I do have to forfeit my security deposit, but it is worth it to get out of here. I do have to pay October's rent but whenever I do leave, I get the amount pro-rated back for the days I don't stay for the full month. This gives us time to gradually move what I am taking to my daughter and son-in-law's house without hurrying! The landlord has sent them a "14-day letter" to change their "behavior" or move. I ended up calling the local police last Sunday night when the loud music had gone on 10 hours straight and it was 10:45 p.m.! I was just "done"! If looks could kill, I would be a dead person. She was out on her deck when we got home and she just glared then went inside! It is all so dumb!

There is a young couple with a 6 month old at our church who are moving from her mother's home to their own place. They don't want to buy anything new since they plan to go out to the foreign mission field in 3-5 years. They will get all the furniture I can't take with me! I am glad for someone to get things (all my stuff is used anyway) that I can't use and they can! They will even get my washer!

1. How can I handle my crazy neighbor without causing more drama?

The best way to handle a difficult neighbor is to try to communicate calmly and directly with them. Avoid escalating the situation by staying calm and respectful, and try to find a compromise or solution that works for both of you.

2. What should I do if my neighbor's behavior is causing a disturbance in the neighborhood?

If your neighbor's behavior is impacting the entire neighborhood, it may be necessary to involve your homeowners' association or local authorities. Keep documentation of any incidents and try to gather support from other neighbors if possible.

3. Is it worth trying to befriend a difficult neighbor?

It can be helpful to try to establish a friendly relationship with a difficult neighbor, as it may lead to better communication and a more peaceful living situation. However, if your neighbor's behavior is consistently disruptive or harmful, it may be best to maintain a polite but distant relationship.

4. How can I protect myself and my property from a crazy neighbor?

If you feel threatened by your neighbor's behavior, it is important to take steps to protect yourself and your property. This may include installing security cameras, keeping your doors and windows locked, and notifying the authorities if necessary.

5. Should I involve my landlord or property manager in the situation?

If you are renting your property, it may be beneficial to involve your landlord or property manager in the situation. They may be able to mediate or offer resources to help resolve the issue. However, if the issue is not related to the property itself, it may be more appropriate to handle it on your own.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• krzymomof4
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
Hathery
  • pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies