• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is My Neighbor's Drama Putting Me in Danger?

In summary, Leslie's neighbor is friends with her but the neighbor's "boyfriend" is an alcoholic and he has been causing problems. The neighbor's "boyfriend" showed up at the neighbor's job and the neighbor called Leslie to ask for help. The neighbor's "boyfriend" showed up at the neighbor's house and the neighbor called the police. The police are not going to do anything about it, but the neighbor is scared.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
I know there is a reason that I mainly keep to myself and mind my own business.
Long story short, I have become friends with the lady across the street. She doesn't make the best decisions, but I felt like God put me here to help her within reason.
She has this "boyfriend" who treats her like dirt to say the least, not physical thank God!. Anyhow, he is a drunk and makes me incredibly nervous. She called me from work and said he was up at her job making a big scene and she wanted me to make sure her doors were locked because she doesn't want him back in and he doesn't have a key. So I did while DH was home. About an hour later he shows up an her door is wide open. I called her job, they said she was busy and she would call me back. She called just little bit ago and I thought she was calling me back. She never got the message. So now she is on her way home, wanting to call the police.
I am here by myself at night with the boys because DH works thirds. He knows that I look out for her house while she is at work, so who in the workd is he going to think told her!
I am scared to go to sleep. DH is mad that I got involved in something that he feels I have no business in from the start (this isn't the first time).
I am terrified!

Don't put yourself in arms way...let her call 911 like she wants to. Prayers coming your way Leslie!

Oh My! If the cops are coming, I'd try to talk to them about your concerns and request having them keep patrolling! Let them know your fears! Do you have a brother or an uncle or anyone like that, that could come over for a few?
I'll pray for you and by the way, if you feel God put you in her life for a reason, then give it to God and He will keep you safe! Because God is faithful and if He wants you to help her, He won't let you and your kids be hurt. Even if He didn't want you to help, He still won't let you get hurt, just give your fear to Him and pray and thank Him for His protection.:angel:

Kitchen2u said:
Don't put yourself in arms way...let her call 911 like she wants to. Prayers coming your way Leslie!

Absolutely...

Is she home yet? Did she call?

She called. I will touch base in a sec. I gotta give a statement.

Leslie, Oh Lord. I will keep you in my thoughts. Stay safe.

Well that was about a total waste of time. The police aren't going to do anything about it, except tell him not to come back and if he does they will arrest him for tresspassing. Now I am freaked out because he is a raging alcoholic and his sister pulled up while we were talking to the police and gave her brothers side of the story. They made me feel like I was lying to them. What do I have to gain by doing that.
I hope he doesn't come back here. DH wants me to go to bed (I called and told him what was going on), but I don't know if I can...peacefully that is.
I should have been in bed a LONG time ago!!

Your neighbor needs to get a restraining order ~ just in case...

I told her that if I saw his car there in the morning, I was going to kick her in the butt myself. Especially if I have gotten involved in something that I am not comfortable with and she lets him come back. I think I will scream!!!

Leslie, I'll be keeping you in prayer. Don't worry that the sister's statements to the police "made me feel like I was lying to them." Most officers have seen and heard just about everything. They may not be able to do anything right now, but they're pretty good at telling truth from BS.

krzymomof4 said:
I told her that if I saw his car there in the morning, I was going to kick her in the butt myself. Especially if I have gotten involved in something that I am not comfortable with and she lets him come back. I think I will scream!!!

So... inquiring minds want to know... was it there???

No, but that doesn't mean that it won't be in a few days::mad:
I didn't sleep well last night either. I am hoping that as time goes by I will feel safer.

OT - but I think I've watched to much LOST....

When I first saw the title of this thread, I thought it said:

I'M IN THE MIDDLE OF DHARMA.

Hope it works out okay for you! Make sure you and your family are safe first!

krzymomof4 said:
No, but that doesn't mean that it won't be in a few days::mad:
I didn't sleep well last night either. I am hoping that as time goes by I will feel safer.

Ooo... maybe he'll come back when the cheffers are crabby and going through C-S withdrawal while Greg is doing his upgrades... We could all come over and make sure he NEVER wants to set foot on your street again!:D

Yeah, doesn't Rae live close enough for some ankle/shin kickin' ?!?!?!

Yep - and I think I might even be closer and about the same height as Rae as well! Now if I can only go find my old cleats...

ChefBeckyD said:

I love that show! Thank goodness for summer break and for TIVO so I can be sure to never miss but still book shows.... I also tell my DH he can't watch it without me :rolleyes:

Kathy's_Kitchen said:
I love that show! Thank goodness for summer break and for TIVO so I can be sure to never miss but still book shows.... I also tell my DH he can't watch it without me :rolleyes:

It is the only TV show I have ever gotten so involved in that I can't miss it!

Yep, just let me know when & where. I'll be glad to do a little ankle-kicking. Sounds like the guy could use a good limp.

The sheriff told her last night to get a baseball bat and knock the crap out of him if he comes back. I am thinking of getting one of my own, but afraid DH will get home early and be in some trouble:D
I think Katie is closer than Rae. I am about 30 min north of Louisville, KY.

Yeah, Katie would be closer. Sounds like it would be worth the drive, though.

ChefBeckyD said:

Ooo, I loved the show Dharma and Greg! :):rolleyes:

Well,,,I officially give it a week before he is back!
She keeps coming over saying he told so and so how much he loves her, yadda yadda.
Now she acts like it was no big deal. Even gave him the stereo back through her friend who is somehow related to him.
I think smoke is going to come out of my ears!!!

After reading your thread about smoking at NC, if it is coming out of your ears, you are doing it wrong.

katie0128 said:
After reading your thread about smoking at NC, if it is coming out of your ears, you are doing it wrong.
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Thanks Katie, now I am blowing coffee out my nose!!
I think I may be doing that wrong too!
I just can't get anything right today:D

Glad to help!

Good one, Katie!!

Katie, I'm beginning to think we've been a bad influence on you. LOL!

What is "I'm in the Middle of Drama"?

"I'm in the Middle of Drama" is a popular Pampered Chef recipe that combines ground beef, rice, and various seasonings to create a delicious and easy one-pot meal.

What ingredients do I need to make "I'm in the Middle of Drama"?

To make "I'm in the Middle of Drama", you will need 1 pound of ground beef, 1 cup of uncooked white rice, 1 can of diced tomatoes, 1 cup of chicken broth, 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1 teaspoon of onion powder, and 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning.

Can I substitute the ground beef for a different protein?

Yes, you can substitute the ground beef for ground turkey, chicken, or even vegetarian crumbles. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

What equipment do I need to make "I'm in the Middle of Drama"?

To make "I'm in the Middle of Drama", you will need a large skillet or pot, a stirring spoon, and a lid to cover the skillet or pot while the dish simmers.

Can I add vegetables to "I'm in the Middle of Drama"?

Yes, you can customize this recipe by adding in your favorite vegetables such as bell peppers, onions, or mushrooms. Just be sure to chop them into small pieces so they cook evenly with the other ingredients.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies