• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Achieve the Unthinkable in 24 Hours: My Story

In summary, the conversation revolved around one person's busy day, which included tasks like installing a new kitchen sink, attending a friend's show, and cleaning and organizing various rooms in their house. They also discussed their plans for the next day, which included even more tasks to complete. The conversation also touched on the topic of staying up late to get things done and the use of lists to keep track of tasks. Overall, the participants joked about their tendency to overestimate what they can accomplish in a day and the need for more energy to get everything done.
Brandie
So here I am at 3 in the morning starting a new thread about nothing. Want to know what I did today? I installed a new kitchen sink and faucet, but I haven't finished plumbing it since I can't seem to purchase the right drain pipes (three trips to the store, though only one was for the drain pipes). I went to my first recruit's first show to help and lend moral support. I installed a light fixture, towel bar, and hand towel ring in my daughters' bathroom (which I painted Friday to match the new Ariel shower curtain; it's uber-cute). I prepared two packets of information for potential hosts, wrote two thank-you cards for recent hosts, and wrote a congratulatory card for my recruit. I also did three loads of laundry (but I didn't fold any of those or the four loads I did Friday--you should see the baskets everywhere!).

Know what I planned to do today? All of the above PLUS (you may start laughing immediately into this ridiculous list) clean my office :rolleyes: , clean my closet :eek: , switch out my fall/winter and spring/summer clothes :p , finish two more loads of laundry :D , and take all the trash to the garage and bag it neatly for trash pick-up day (which is Wednesday).

Does anyone else have ludicrous ideas of what can be accomplished within the span of twenty-four hours?

I'll check this post later as a pat on the back to myself when I actually finish cleaning my office!

I need to start my spring cleaning as well... thanks for the friendly reminder...hehehe

Okay, now it's 5:30 in the morning, and my office is clean. I have been awake for over 21 hours now. I really haven't done an all-nighter much since college. I mean, my kids kept me awake periodically as infants, but this is crazy! Maybe it's the Starbucks...

Where is everyone? Oh, yeah--sleeping!

Oh my, you stayed up till 5:30 to clean your office? Totally zonky is right:p I always plan on getting way more done everyday than I actually get done. I've started making a list though, and marking things off when I get them done; makes me feel good:)

It's 11:30 now, and I got a few hours' sleep. I stayed up until 7:00 and got my kids' playroom completely clean and cleaned my older daughter's bedroom and switched out her seasonal clothes.

I LOVE LISTS! Mine are always way too long, but it's a great feeling to mark off those completed items! WOO HOO!!

Brandie said:
It's 11:30 now, and I got a few hours' sleep. I stayed up until 7:00 and got my kids' playroom completely clean and cleaned my older daughter's bedroom and switched out her seasonal clothes.

I LOVE LISTS! Mine are always way too long, but it's a great feeling to mark off those completed items! WOO HOO!!
Can I have some of your energy or better yet can you come here and clean and organize for me?!?!???

Sure, you can have some energy! I got mine at Starbucks--a Venti Cinnamon Dolce Latte at 11:30 p.m.!!!

Brandie said:
Sure, you can have some energy! I got mine at Starbucks--a Venti Cinnamon Dolce Latte at 11:30 p.m.!!!
Ahhhhh! Thanks for the tip!

Brandie said:
Wow!!! That's impressive. Unfortunately I can have a that exact drink from Starbucks (I'm a junkie)-although I go the sugar free cinnamon dolce route- late at night (9 or 10 pm) and still be ready to go to bed an hour or two later. I would love to stay up all night getting stuff like that done, but I'd be a wreck the next day and totally unable to deal with my 5 and 2 year olds.

I do love how you made that list though. Even if I couldn't get through the list, knowing I got most of them done would make me feel like I accomplished something.

now, off to finish working on my taxes! Uggg!!!:mad:

Wow! Congrats!

I usually have the same type of things on my list for the weekends, but I never make it past the second or third task...

Send some of that energy my way! :)

Me, have a long to-do list? Over-estimate the number of things I can get done in a day? A week? A month?

No.

Never.

Ummm, I don't know what you're talking about.

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/ashamed0003.gif

You may want to step away from your computer. The lightening may travel through my keyboard to your computer.

Related to Achieve the Unthinkable in 24 Hours: My Story

1. Can you share a brief overview of your story in "Achieve the Unthinkable in 24 Hours: My Story"?

Of course! In this book, I share my personal journey of overcoming obstacles and achieving seemingly impossible goals within a 24-hour timeframe. It's a story of determination, perseverance, and the power of a positive mindset.

2. What inspired you to write this book?

I wanted to share my story in hopes of motivating and inspiring others to pursue their own dreams and push beyond their limits. I believe that anyone can achieve the unthinkable with the right mindset and strategies, and I wanted to share my experience and insights to help others do the same.

3. Are there any specific strategies or techniques mentioned in the book?

Yes, throughout the book, I share various strategies and techniques that I have personally used to achieve my goals in a short amount of time. These include time management techniques, mindset shifts, and tips for staying focused and motivated.

4. Is this book only relevant for business professionals or can anyone benefit from it?

This book is relevant for anyone who wants to achieve their goals and reach their full potential. While some of the examples and strategies may be geared towards business professionals, the concepts and lessons can be applied to any aspect of life.

5. Can you give a sneak peek into one of the stories shared in the book?

One of the stories I share is about how I was able to complete a marathon with only a week of training. I discuss the mindset shifts and strategies I used to push through physical and mental barriers and achieve this seemingly impossible feat. It's a powerful example of how anything is possible with the right mindset and determination.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pkd09
Replies
Views
Jennie4PC
Replies
Views
OhmyDLM