• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is It Really Necessary to Get at Pampered Chef Debit or Credit Card?

In summary, if you want to submit a show using your personal credit card, you need to do it before your 60 days are up. After that, you are not allowed to use that credit card. However, you can still use the PC debit card.
dancedivine
Hey, guys!

I'm a little bit confused about something. I have submitted a few shows since becoming a consultant not too long ago. Whenever someone has written a check or given me cash, I just used my credit card in the space where I would have used their credit card (had they given me their credit card info instead of a check or cash). So, I guess I am not understanding why I would need a special Pampered Chef debit or credit card when I can just enter my own credit card as a guest's credit card.Any clarification will be greatly appreciated!
:chef:

If you get the debit card they link it to your checking account. You deposit the money into your account and PC takes the money out when you submit a show.

I do not have a PC credit card. If I ever need a credit card, I use the one I already have.

If you want to continue using your credit card, then there is no reason for you to get either.

I just personally would rather deposit it into my account for PC to take out than for me to deposit it and then me have to send the money into my card. It takes a step out that I have to do and I am all about short cuts for myself.:D

If you want direct deposit of your commission check, I think you need to have the PC Debit Card.

It's a proprietary card - so it cannot be used for anything else except PC transactions to and from PC. You can't take it to the store and use it to buy groceries, and if someone else should steal it, they wouldn't be able to use it for anything except submitting a show in your name.:D

The PC credit card isn't necessary to do business, but I think the debit card is.

ChefBeckyD said:
If you want direct deposit of your commission check, I think you need to have the PC Debit Card.

It's a proprietary card - so it cannot be used for anything else except PC transactions to and from PC. You can't take it to the store and use it to buy groceries, and if someone else should steal it, they wouldn't be able to use it for anything except submitting a show in your name.:D

The PC credit card isn't necessary to do business, but I think the debit card is.

The PC Debit Card has nothing to do with direct deposit. It is only for pulling funds from your bank account.

There are some things that can only be purchased with the PC debit card (or the PC credit card) - like supplies or samples or conference.

Well, you can get those things with PC$ too but you don't always have them available.

According to the P&P Manual personal credit cards are only accepted from new consultants for the first 60 days. After that you are not allowed to pay with a personal credit card that is not the PC credit card. It even states that the same credit card can not be used for more than one order with a few exceptions that are clearly stated. I don't think they are going to accept a show submitted in that manner after your 60 days are up.

I highly recommend the debit card - I've been with the company for years and don't have the credit card, it isn't necessary, just preferred by some consultants.

My new Recruit tried to submit a supply order with her H&R Block MC she got after her 90 days were up and it wouldn't let her do it.

pcsharon1 said:
According to the P&P Manual personal credit cards are only accepted from new consultants for the first 60 days. After that you are not allowed to pay with a personal credit card that is not the PC credit card. It even states that the same credit card can not be used for more than one order with a few exceptions that are clearly stated. I don't think they are going to accept a show submitted in that manner after your 60 days are up.

I highly recommend the debit card - I've been with the company for years and don't have the credit card, it isn't necessary, just preferred by some consultants.

Yep,
After my 60 days were up, I HAD to use the TCP card.

I do have the debit card, but as for paying for shows with a regular credit card i do it all the time. It is actually my VISA check card but not tied to the same account as my PC debit card. And i have submitted with no problem. Just using it as payment for a show on the host just as you would do if you were charging the whole show to the host.

pcsharon1 said:

Even if you can use a regular credit card to submit shows, you MUST use either the PC debit or PC credit card to place supply, sample and kit enhancement orders.

It won't cost you anything to have this and once you get it, you can set P3 to remember your card number so you can stash the card in a desk drawer and not have to worry about it.

Kodeysmom said:
I do have the debit card, but as for paying for shows with a regular credit card i do it all the time. It is actually my VISA check card but not tied to the same account as my PC debit card. And i have submitted with no problem. Just using it as payment for a show on the host just as you would do if you were charging the whole show to the host.

Are you entering it on the host/guest orders, or on the show payment tab? If you're putting it on the individual orders, then it will cause problems in the future if someone wants to get a refund. To be completely accurate, whatever payment type you enter to submit the cash/checks given to you by customers needs to be entered on the show payment tab - and that's where we cannot enter a different type of credit card than the PC card or PC debit card.

dancedivine said:
Hey, guys!

I'm a little bit confused about something. I have submitted a few shows since becoming a consultant not too long ago. Whenever someone has written a check or given me cash, I just used my credit card in the space where I would have used their credit card (had they given me their credit card info instead of a check or cash). So, I guess I am not understanding why I would need a special Pampered Chef debit or credit card when I can just enter my own credit card as a guest's credit card.

Any clarification will be greatly appreciated!
:chef:

If someone gives you cash or check, you have to put it in under their guest order that the payment was the cash or check. You shouldn't substitute with your CC number. (If I'm understanding you correctly, it sounded like you weren't entering in that they paid cash or check) Like what Ann was saying, if they need to get a refund or something it'll be all messed up if you do it this way.

When you are getting ready to submit and you go to the show's payment tab and it shows the checks and cash amount, that is where you can enter in under the Consultant's tab your CC number--your own private one is fine (like others said-- for the first 60 days), but then it has to be either the PC debit card or the PC credit card.

I prefer to keep my PC transactions separate. I have a separate account (that's just me) so that my DH doesn't see more money in our account and go spend it. I actually like the PC debit card because I keep it at home and don't have to worry about anyone getting into that account. I also leave the bank debit card at home so I don't spend that money haphazardly. :) I think it makes everything easier to track and you don't need to keep reciepts for your account so you know what is yours and what is PC.

Have a nice day everyone. :)

KrisGio said:
I prefer to keep my PC transactions separate. I have a separate account (that's just me) so that my DH doesn't see more money in our account and go spend it. I actually like the PC debit card because I keep it at home and don't have to worry about anyone getting into that account. I also leave the bank debit card at home so I don't spend that money haphazardly. :) I think it makes everything easier to track and you don't need to keep reciepts for your account so you know what is yours and what is PC.

Have a nice day everyone. :)

Yes, you should have a separate bank account so that business is separate from your family account. But you should still retain your receipts in case you ever get audited or need to refer to them in the future. :)

pcchefjane said:
My new Recruit tried to submit a supply order with her H&R Block MC she got after her 90 days were up and it wouldn't let her do it.

I have been selling for almost 3 years and I placed a supply order this month of my Mastercard. I wonder if that was a fluke?

You can't order supplies or samples or register for conferences without the PC Debit card. You do need to get it.

I've often had hosts pay for other guest's orders with her credit card. Why would that be a problem for customer service?

Ann F said:
I've often had hosts pay for other guest's orders with her credit card. Why would that be a problem for customer service?

It can physically be done through Pampered Partner - you just enter the same card on each order and the host is charged multiple times - but Policy and Proceedures Manual specifically states that we aren't to do that with the exception of the host paying for outside orders gathered after the show or if a customer doesn't have payment the night of the show a friend can put both orders on one card. It is spelled out clearly - same as the no posting your link on blogs and websites - in the manual so we just shouldn't be doing it.

As for customer service - if that guest decides they are going to return the product for a refund then the refund is going to go back onto the host's credit card and not be sent directly to the guest. As with most stores, refunds are given in the same form as the original payment.

I just prefer to go by what the policy states.

Last edited:
This is what policy says:
Only one customer order can be charged per
payment card number submitted, except in the following
situations:
• Direct Shipment (Example: Your customer places an
order for herself and a second order to be shipped
to her sister.)
• A Friend in Need (Example: One customer forgets
her checkbook; another customer helps her out by
putting both orders on her payment card.)
• Outside Order Received After the Show
(Example: Host collects an outside order paid with
a check and places the order on her payment card
along with her own purchases.)
In these cases, fill out a separate sales receipt for each order;
then fill in the payment card information for the total of
these separate orders on the sales receipt belonging to the
payment card holder.

troggt said:
(Example: Host collects an outside order paid with
a check and places the order on her payment card
along with her own purchases.)
In these cases, fill out a separate sales receipt for each order;
then fill in the payment card information for the total of
these separate orders on the sales receipt belonging to the
payment card holder.

This is how I have always done it. The full payment on the host order when she picks up the tab for other orders. I always tell her the receipt will look like she over paid.

I really wish they would come up with a way to link the full payment to the other orders.

pampered.chris said:
Even if you can use a regular credit card to submit shows, you MUST use either the PC debit or PC credit card to place supply, sample and kit enhancement orders.

It won't cost you anything to have this and once you get it, you can set P3 to remember your card number so you can stash the card in a desk drawer and not have to worry about it.

I don't have my debit card number saved? How do you do that. It is stashed in my desk drawer I keep my laptop on so it's there when I submit shows, etc. If I could save it though it would be nice for when I'm using my laptop on the couch in my lap!:)

I should clarify. I'm speaking of out-of-town catalog hosts.

kcmckay said:
I don't have my debit card number saved? How do you do that. It is stashed in my desk drawer I keep my laptop on so it's there when I submit shows, etc. If I could save it though it would be nice for when I'm using my laptop on the couch in my lap!:)

To save your PC debit card # - go into PP Plus and go under Tools - choose Preferences and it will bring up the screen where you can enter that card # - then it will bring it up any time you need it in the future.

1. Is it mandatory to get a Pampered Chef debit or credit card?

No, it is not mandatory to get a Pampered Chef debit or credit card. However, it does offer several benefits and can make your shopping experience more convenient.

2. What are the benefits of having a Pampered Chef debit or credit card?

Some of the benefits of having a Pampered Chef debit or credit card include earning rewards points for every purchase, receiving special discounts and promotions, and having access to exclusive products and events.

3. How do I apply for a Pampered Chef debit or credit card?

You can apply for a Pampered Chef debit or credit card by visiting our website or by contacting your local Pampered Chef consultant.

4. Can I use my Pampered Chef debit or credit card at any store?

No, Pampered Chef debit and credit cards can only be used for purchases at Pampered Chef outlets and online store. They cannot be used at other stores or for cash withdrawals.

5. Is there an annual fee for the Pampered Chef debit or credit card?

No, there is no annual fee for the Pampered Chef debit or credit card. However, some fees may apply for certain services, such as a replacement card or cash advances.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• karen_anne1
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • higoobs
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • danielsdundee