• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Secure Credit Card Handling for Online Orders - Tips & Best Practices

In summary, it is a good idea to back up your computer regularly, password protect your PP or P3 program, and shred your order files after six months.
bbenton4
I have a lot of people who order online when they cannot be at a show and they order using their credit/debit card. I print off the order so I can enter into PP3. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to handle the credit card numbers. Should I hold them until the show is completely delivered and then shred? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks:)

I keep about a years worth of show files and then shred the rest. Just depends how much room you have and how long you want to store it.

Of course you should be backing up your computer regularly so you will still have the info in PP/P3.

ThanksThank you for the suggestion!:D

Yes, you will have them on PP or P3, so you can shred the hard copy (or black out the # if you keep them), but PLEASE make sure that you password protect your PP or P3 program.

Without a password protection gaurding the info, it would be a cinch for someone to steal your laptop or home computer and get ALL of the credit card #s from the program!!!!! :eek:

Just an FYI!

Good point, Janice!

How do you password protect PP3?

Just so you know, here in SC it's illegal for us to keep credit card numbers. That's why the company I work for only shows the last 4 digits of the card. I'm not sure how that works for us. I'm going to try to research and I'll keep you updated.

To set a password in PP3:* open up PP3
* click on the TOOLS menu at the top
* choose "set personal password"enter your consultant number, home office password, and then choose your personal password.REMEMBER WHAT YOU CHOSE!I don't know how hard it is for HO to reset that - your personal password is NOT SENT TO HO.Hope that helps. :)

I keep paperwok for 6 months and then shred

After 6 months on P3, you can't access the credit card number so at least that's good. I wish that would be the same online. I'm glad to hear that others are conscious of the sensitivity of cc#s!

I have never given much thought to the credit card #'s. I better get cracking!

What is a credit card number?

A credit card number is a unique numerical code assigned to a credit card that identifies the issuer and the account holder. It is used to make purchases and transactions both online and in-person.

How many digits are in a credit card number?

The number of digits in a credit card number can vary depending on the issuer and the type of card. Typically, credit card numbers have either 13 or 16 digits.

What do the numbers on a credit card mean?

The first digit of a credit card number represents the major industry identifier (MII), the next few digits represent the issuer identification number (IIN), and the remaining digits represent the individual account number. These numbers are used to identify the card issuer, type of card, and the specific account linked to the card.

Are credit card numbers random?

No, credit card numbers are not completely random. They follow a specific pattern and are generated using an algorithm that ensures they are unique and valid.

How can I protect my credit card number?

To protect your credit card number, make sure to keep your physical card in a safe place and never share your card information with anyone else. Additionally, be cautious when making online purchases and only enter your credit card information on secure websites. You can also monitor your account regularly for any unauthorized charges.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • karen_anne1
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • beepampered