• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Credit Card Numbers: Is My Memory Correct?

Nope - I knew that one!! Too much abuse of my former Discover Card! ;) Anyway, I just got off the phone with the hostess, and I am all set... Although I am keeping white copies of receipts from now on!! :blushing:
jbachen
OK, this is going to sound like a total scam, but I swear it is not!!

I am wondering if anyone knows off hand the first four digits of credit card numbers. I know that PP3 knows what kind of card it is based on the first four digits, and I am fairly certain that I am remembering correctly that there is only a small set of first four digits out there...

I am trying to enter a show, and something got carried through the carbon over the third and fourth digits of the guest's credit card, and it is too late to call her for it, and I have two more shows to enter before tomorrow so I do not want to wait and forget to put this in.

I must say I am really glad that on the new receipts, we keep the TOP COPY, so things like this don't happen... Too bad in this case I was using an old one. :(

The card type is based on the first digit: 4 is Visa, 5 is MasterCard, 6 is Discover. The first 4 together identify the issuing bank.

Ann, you never cease to amaze me with your knowledge!

Oh, crud... so there isn't a way to figure out the third and fourth digits, is there? Well, I guess I will leave myself a BIG note to call her tomorrow and try to get the show in then...I am just kicking myself right now... I even had the hostess on the phone earlier - and she has the white copies of the form - and didn't realize the number was bad. And now she is not answering her phone. Rats!

chefann said:
The card type is based on the first digit: 4 is Visa, 5 is MasterCard, 6 is Discover. The first 4 together identify the issuing bank.

I feel SUPER SMART tonight... I knew that, too!!!

The first digit of mine is X.That way, they know not to accept it.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
The first digit of mine is X.

That way, they know not to accept it.

That's what mine SHOULD say :D

Yep - old retailer knowledge about CC#'s. 3-AmEx, 4-Visa, etc.....Actually - all Discovers start 6011 - but for the others there are different combos - don't know all of those.tee hee - I bet you're looking for your Discover Card now, aren't you?

ChefBeckyD said:
Yep - old retailer knowledge about CC#'s. 3-AmEx, 4-Visa, etc.....

Actually - all Discovers start 6011 - but for the others there are different combos - don't know all of those.

tee hee - I bet you're looking for your Discover Card now, aren't you?

Nope - I knew that one!! Too much abuse of my former Discover Card! ;) Anyway, I just got off the phone with the hostess, and I am all set... Although I am keeping white copies of receipts from now on!! :blushing:

1. What are credit card numbers?

Credit card numbers are unique identification numbers assigned to credit cards by financial institutions. They are typically 16 digits long and are used to make purchases or transactions.

2. Are credit card numbers confidential?

Yes, credit card numbers are considered confidential information and should be kept secure. It is important to never share your credit card number with anyone, especially through unsecured channels such as email or text.

3. How do I protect my credit card number from theft?

To protect your credit card number from theft, make sure to only use it on secure websites and never share it with anyone. You can also monitor your credit card statements regularly to check for any unauthorized charges.

4. Can credit card numbers be stolen?

Yes, credit card numbers can be stolen through various methods such as phishing scams, data breaches, and credit card skimmers. It is important to be cautious and protect your credit card information to prevent theft.

5. How can I check if my credit card number is valid?

You can use an online credit card validator tool to check the validity of your credit card number. These tools use algorithms to determine if a credit card number is a valid format, but they cannot verify if the card is active or has available funds.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dancedivine
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
Gina M
  • bbenton4
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • andrealynne719