• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Closing Show With Host's Credit Card in P3

In summary, to close out a show using a debit or credit card on P3, you first need to find the payment area under "Order Details" on the host's page and enter the host's information. There should be an area to select cash, check, credit, consultant gift, etc. and select credit and put in the host's information. Then, you need to adjust the payment amount to reflect the rest of the monies due and enter the host's credit card once
KateD
I know this should be simple, but when a host wants to close the show on her debit or credit card (instead of writing me a check and me using PC Debit), how do I enter that in P3?

Do I just enter it as a guest payment on her name and adjust the payment to reflect the whole show or... ?

Why, yes, I am new! :) But I've read enough to know that I prefer her using her card . . . as soon as I figure out how to do it.

It should be under the payment area in her order (sorry still in PP so I don't know the exact route in P3). There should be an area to select cash, check, credit, consultant gift, etc. Select credit and put in her information.

Is she covering all the guest orders? If so, then put the total amount to be debited on her order. Otherwise, she could have multiple hits against the account if you put her card number as payment in on all the individual guest orders.

chefann said:
Is she covering all the guest orders? If so, then put the total amount to be debited on her order. Otherwise, she could have multiple hits against the account if you put her card number as payment in on all the individual guest orders.
Yes, she's covering the guest orders (well, all that didn't individually pay with credit card).

So I enter the other guest payments first, then adjust her payment amount to reflect the rest of the monies due and enter her credit card once on her payment page - that's what I thought, but I feel 100% more confident now (and I want to feel confident before adding charges to a host's card!!!).

Thank you so much, wadesgirl and chefann!:chef:

You've got it, Kate! It'll look weird on her receipt (if you print it from PP/P3), because it'll show $356 paid on a $25 order (for example), but then there's only one debit against her account instead of 6.

Oops, missed what exactly you were asking.

I do that all the time after shows. I always close over the phone and encourage the host to use a debit card or credit card. Make sure all the other orders are balanced (or not balanced) correctly and charge the remaining amount to their card.

I had one past host who had everyone write their checks to him no matter what (before, during and after the party) so he could get all the points on his CC!

chefann said:

I'm pretty sure even if you enter the same card # under several orders, HO will add them all together and it'll only be one big charge. That way, P3 will show as payments made to all orders, too.

What is the purpose of using the host's credit card in P3 during the closing show?

The host's credit card in P3 is used to pay for any last-minute expenses or unexpected costs that may arise during the show. It is a way to ensure that all financial obligations are met and the show can be wrapped up smoothly.

How is the host's credit card information kept secure during the show?

The host's credit card information is typically kept secure by only allowing authorized individuals to access it. This could include the show's producer, director, or designated financial manager. Additionally, the credit card information should be stored in a secure location and only used for show-related expenses.

What happens if the host's credit card is declined during the show?

In the event that the host's credit card is declined during the show, there are a few options that can be taken. The first is to try another form of payment, such as a different credit card or cash. If this is not possible, the show's producer or financial manager may need to step in and cover the expenses using their own credit card or funds.

Is it common for the host's credit card to be used during the closing show in P3?

Yes, it is common for the host's credit card to be used during the closing show in P3. This is because there are often unexpected costs or last-minute expenses that need to be paid in order to wrap up the show. Having the host's credit card available can help ensure that these costs are covered without delaying the show's closing.

Is the host responsible for all expenses paid for with their credit card during the show?

No, the host is not always responsible for all expenses paid for with their credit card during the show. It is important for the host to clarify with the show's producer or financial manager beforehand which expenses they are expected to cover and which will be covered by the show's budget. It is also a good idea for the host to keep track of all expenses paid for with their credit card for their own records.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
kristina16marie
  • beepampered