• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Beta Website - Incorrect Customer Credit Card Charged

In summary, the speaker entered a show on the Beta website and the host used her card to pay for her order and four others. However, the host's mother was charged for her own order and an additional $216.29. The speaker checked the show summary and found that everything was entered correctly on their side. After calling customer service and the Finance Department, it was discovered that the host's mother's card was charged instead of the host's. The Finance Department will be correcting the accounts, but there is no explanation for how the error occurred. The speaker then contacted Tech Support to see if there were any similar issues, but they were not aware of any. The speaker hopes this does not happen again and expresses frustration with the beta site
Bren706
Gold Member
Just curious to know if this has happened to anyone else:

I entered a show in the Beta website last night. I have been on beta since the release to Team Leaders. The host used her card to pay for her order, plus 4 others. There were about 20 orders for the show. She called me this morning to tell me that her mother was charged for her own order, plus another $216.29. She had two different pending charges on her bank statement online. I went through the show summary and checked all of the payments, and everything was entered correctly on my side.

I called HO and after speaking with customer service, she told me to have the customer call the Finance Dept. I called and spoke to them myself. They told me that the $216.29 was the correct amount, and I said no. After another minute of digging, I realized that the host's mother's card was charged for those 4 additional payment instead of the host. I do not know how this could have happened because I know I entered it correctly, and it is showing up on my side correctly. The Finance Department is going to correct the host and her mom's accounts accordingly, but they had no answer as to how this could have happened.

I then called and spoke to Tech Support to see if they were aware of any similar problems, and they said no, and that he wasn't really able to see anything after a show has been submitted. gggggrrrrrr!

I am keeping my fingers crossed that this doesn't happen again.

That is weird.....I submitted a show last night and hope I don't get any calls. Did you save all the payments each time.....I'm bad about forgetting that and then go back and see they still need payment made. The last 4 digits of the CC on all 4 orders is the correct one on your side? This beta site is driving me crazy!

I didn't know if it was something that I did, or a beta bug. Just wondering if anyone has had any similar experience.

What is a beta website?

A beta website is a pre-release version of a website that is made available to a limited number of users for testing and feedback purposes.

What does it mean when a customer's credit card is charged incorrectly on a beta website?

It means that the customer was charged an amount that they did not authorize or that does not match the listed prices on the website. This could be due to a technical error or a mistake in the billing process.

Why is it important to address incorrect credit card charges on a beta website?

It is important to address these charges because it can affect the customer's trust in the website and the company. It can also lead to negative reviews and damage to the reputation of the business.

What should I do if I have been incorrectly charged on a beta website?

The first step is to contact the customer support team of the website and explain the situation. They should be able to assist you in resolving the issue and issuing a refund if necessary.

How can I prevent incorrect credit card charges on a beta website?

To prevent incorrect charges, it is important to thoroughly review and understand the terms and conditions, as well as the prices listed on the website before making a purchase. Additionally, make sure to monitor your credit card statements regularly and report any unauthorized charges immediately.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Symara
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
trps
  • andrealynne719
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
andrealynne719
  • Intrepid_Chef