• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host Paying Oo W/Credit Card Question

In summary, the conversation is discussing two options for handling payments for a host who is paying for both her own order and outside orders with her credit card. Option #1 is to enter the credit card information for each individual order, resulting in multiple charges on the host's card and receipts reflecting payment for each guest. Option #2 is to make one large payment for all outstanding orders on the host's card, but this will show as non-payments on the receipts for the other guests. The group consensus is to choose option #2, and the potential issue of returns is also discussed.
kam
Staff member
I have a host who is paying her order along with the few outside orders after the show with her credit card.

I figure I have 2 options:
1. Enter the CC info for each order. But this results in the host CC being charged multiple times (one time for each order). But the receipts will have it registered for each guest that it was paid.

2. Make one large payment (total of outstanding orders) on the host CC and list it on her order - but the other guests orders will show as non-payments. This will also show as non-payments on their receipts.

How does eveyone handle this?

I have made one large payment before on my shows, i think I got an error saying I had guest who had not paid, but the total overall was paid in full.

I usually do option #2

Do option #2. The error message does not stop you from submitting a show - it is just alerting you that there is missing or "off" payments on one or more orders.

I do option two all the time.

Option 2 is the way to go so they don't have multiple charges on their card. One nice thing about it showing $0 paid on the guests receipts is that now the host knows exactly how much everyone owes her.

OK, I would like to do Option #2, but the receipts for those guests would show not paid.

If I were a guest (and didn't know exactly how all this worked) I would be a little miffed if I paid the host and rec'd a receipt showing I did not pay. What if they were to do a return on their own by calling the main phone #??

Oh, I misunderstood. I thought they hadn't paid her yet. Sorry.That's an interesting question about what would happen if they want to do a return. I've never heard of this coming up as a problem. Anyone know more? In the P&P it says that the host is allowed to put the extra charges through hers and have her card just run once with the combined total. If HO accepts this and considers the show paid for, then I would imagine it reflects that in their system. Can't the host just tell their friend that they don't need to worry, that the payment is reflected on her order since it went through her CC? If they are receiving their products I don't think they would be upset, right? If you haven't submitted it yet, you could go into each guests order and put in the payment amount to make it reflect that it's been paid. Then print it out. Then delete that payment info. But just double check that you don't touch the info on the host and risk erasing the CC info entered in. Did that make sense? I'm kind of tired...not sure if I'm explaining it right.

I usually do #2.

babywings76 said:
Oh, I misunderstood. I thought they hadn't paid her yet. Sorry.

That's an interesting question about what would happen if they want to do a return. I've never heard of this coming up as a problem. Anyone know more? In the P&P it says that the host is allowed to put the extra charges through hers and have her card just run once with the combined total. If HO accepts this and considers the show paid for, then I would imagine it reflects that in their system.

Can't the host just tell their friend that they don't need to worry, that the payment is reflected on her order since it went through her CC? If they are receiving their products I don't think they would be upset, right? If you haven't submitted it yet, you could go into each guests order and put in the payment amount to make it reflect that it's been paid. Then print it out. Then delete that payment info. But just double check that you don't touch the info on the host and risk erasing the CC info entered in.

Did that make sense? I'm kind of tired...not sure if I'm explaining it right.

I understand what you are saying. I did that in December with a host. I charged all missing pmts to her card (with her approval of course) in one lump sum on her order. I went into each of the missing pmt guests, changed it as paid in cash then printed the receipts. Then went back and changed them to zero. What a pain. I had to keep double checking myself that I had the right guests marked, etc. I was really hoping to avoid that.

Since most do option #2, do you just leave the receipts as not paid??

And, I guess the return situation would really be an issue with option #1 where the guest's order shows directly to HO that it was paid with host's card.

So, maybe, I'll print receipts as is, and just handwrite on each "host paid".

Is it OK for me to write that on the receipts?

I just write "Paid" with my initials on the receipt.

ChefBeckyD said:
I just write "Paid" with my initials on the receipt.

Great! That is what I'll do.

kam said:
I understand what you are saying. I did that in December with a host. I charged all missing pmts to her card (with her approval of course) in one lump sum on her order. I went into each of the missing pmt guests, changed it as paid in cash then printed the receipts. Then went back and changed them to zero. What a pain. I had to keep double checking myself that I had the right guests marked, etc. I was really hoping to avoid that.

Since most do option #2, do you just leave the receipts as not paid??

And, I guess the return situation would really be an issue with option #1 where the guest's order shows directly to HO that it was paid with host's card.

So, maybe, I'll print receipts as is, and just handwrite on each "host paid".

Is it OK for me to write that on the receipts?

I just leave them as unpaid. I'm not the one collecting their money, the host is.

I haven't had one single person say anything to me about it.

1. How do I pay for hosting with a credit card?

To pay for hosting with a credit card, you can simply enter your credit card information on the payment page of your hosting provider's website. Make sure to double check that all the information is correct before submitting the payment.

2. Can I use any credit card to pay for hosting?

Most hosting providers accept major credit cards such as Visa, Mastercard, and American Express. However, it's always best to check with your specific hosting provider to see which credit cards they accept.

3. Is it safe to pay for hosting with a credit card?

As long as you are using a trusted and secure website, paying for hosting with a credit card is generally considered safe. Look for the lock icon in the address bar and make sure the URL starts with "https" to ensure the website is secure.

4. Can I set up automatic payments with my credit card?

Many hosting providers offer the option to set up automatic payments with a credit card. This can be a convenient way to ensure your payments are always made on time. Check with your hosting provider to see if this option is available.

5. Will I be charged any additional fees for paying with a credit card?

Some hosting providers may charge a processing fee for payments made with a credit card. It's important to read the terms and conditions or contact your hosting provider to see if there are any additional fees for paying with a credit card.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefrhondab
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies