• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Credit Card Payments for Bridal Shower Host Order | PP Plus

I was taught to put all of the bride's orders on one order in her married name or her soon to be husband's name. This way if she has any returns or guarantee issues they are in her name(s). What a mess it would be to do a return in another persons name 3 years from now and these products are for her/him! Not to mention keeping track of all those receipts.It's actually $4.60 priority now!It's actually
pampchefrhondab
I had a bridal shower today w/multiple credit card payments for the host order - which I put on one order. There is a maximum of 2 credit card payments. Can I enter a name/address, etc., in PP Plus and a payment w/no order?

Nope- I've tried it for people who bought cash and carry with a CC at a fair.If those customers also bought for themselves, you're better off putting their whole charge on their order, which will then show an overpayment.

They didn't purchase for themselves, otherwise I would have done that. Now what do I do?

Please don't say I have to split her order. Oh, I may have a solution. Her MIL is a co-host and I can move two to her order. I think that will leave me one more, which I can move to her mothers! It is going to look crazy on their receipts though!

You are going to have to split her order. That's why I just have all the orders on the guest's name. It's easier to figure out that way.

I don't want each quest to pay $4 shipping.

pampchefrhondab said:
Each guests pays $4 at a regular cooking show, this is no different. Either that or you will have to call each of them to get a check or cash.

wadesgirl said:
Each guests pays $4 at a regular cooking show, this is no different. Either that or you will have to call each of them to get a check or cash.

Yeah, if some of them are debit/check cards, they may be willing to give you a check instead.

pampchefrhondab said:

Are you putting what the guests ordered for the bride on the bride's order and giving them the host discount?

I've never done it that way. I put each guest on their own order (whether they are ordering just for the bride or for the bride and themselves) so that the bride gets a higher show total and thus more free products.

I do not combine orders at bridal shows (except the occasional guest who spends $10 or less for the bride only - maybe one at a show).

I tell them that the shipping is split between everyone and is only $4 each. I also remind them of the time and gas they saved by not driving to the store to get the gift and the fact that they didn't have to get wrapping paper or even a card in most cases.

Also, have you shipped anything lately? A host packet (3 catalogs, invitations, etc) costs $4.20 priority! The shipping to a show a deal so don't worry about charging them that.

Do it according to policy and you won't have a problem.

You will need to split some of those orders and pay the shipping yourself to fix it this time though.

Last edited:
BethCooks4U said:
I do not combine orders at bridal shows (except the occasional guest who spends $10 or less for the bride only - maybe one at a show).

I tell them that the shipping is split between everyone and is only $4 each. I also remind them of the time and gas they saved by not driving to the store to get the gift and the fact that they didn't have to get wrapping paper or even a card in most cases.

Also, have you shipped anything lately? A host packet (3 catalogs, invitations, etc) costs $4.20 priority! The shipping to a show a deal so don't worry about charging them that.

Do it according to policy and you won't have a problem.

You will need to split some of those orders and pay the shipping yourself to fix it this time though.

It's actually $4.60 priority now!

dannyzmom said:
It's actually $4.60 priority now!
That's right! :rolleyes:

I also will sometimes say that the products have to get from Chicago some how and the total show shipping rarely pays the full cost. (Well, I bet HO gets a deal from FedEx but you know what I mean!)

Last edited:
I was taught to put all of the bride's orders on one order in her married name or her soon to be husband's name. This way if she has any returns or guarantee issues they are in her name(s). What a mess it would be to do a return in another persons name 3 years from now and these products are for her/him! Not to mention keeping track of all those receipts.

I don't think this is going against policy. All of these items are hers, not the other persons. Like I said, if they ordered for themselves I put the entire cc payment on their order. I had some order for her that didn't order for themselves.

Just my opinion.

pampchefrhondab said:
I was taught to put all of the bride's orders on one order in her married name or her soon to be husband's name. This way if she has any returns or guarantee issues they are in her name(s). What a mess it would be to do a return in another persons name 3 years from now and these products are for her/him! Not to mention keeping track of all those receipts.

I don't think this is going against policy. All of these items are hers, not the other persons. Like I said, if they ordered for themselves I put the entire cc payment on their order. I had some order for her that didn't order for themselves.

Just my opinion.
A lot of people do it that way and it isn't "wrong" but it does cause those problems.

I create a "guest" in the bride's name and list all the gifts she got, print it off and delete it. I then write the gifter's name next to each item. The bride gets this "receipt". She can use it to send her thank you notes and if she ever needed to use a warranty she just needs to call HO and tell them the show information from the show, tell them it was a bridal shower and give the name of the purchaser. HO will understand, can see the fact that it is entered as a shower and the purchaser's name. They will not give the bride any problems with honoring her warranties. No need to give her all of those receipts.

pampchefrhondab said:

Just my opinion.

I thought about doing this, but there are a couple issues that come up that keep me from doing it:

1. If a guest's order is $60 or over, they receive the guest special - if you split up their order, possibly they don't get what they are rightly entitled to have.

2. Many people will only order for the bride. If all of those orders are placed on one order, but they paid with CC's, how do I process all of those?

3. The whole shipping issue if #2 is followed. Everyone is ordering, but not paying shipping - and that isn't right.

A lot of people buy gifts for others. Not just brides. As long as the giftee knows who gave it to her HO can help find it. If I know that something is a gift I enclose a business card with the show information on the back and tell them to give it to the giftee in case she needs it.

Did you know that most people who receive a gift do not even think about warranties when their items fail? So most of the time this is not an issue.

If a guest purchases something (regardless for whom purchased) $4 shipping should be charged to that guest.

I just give the bride a copy of all the receipts plus a Word list of who bought her what. If no one paid the shipping price, are you paying this out of your pocket?

I thought of the monthly special as well, but explained to the guests they get the special for what they purchase for themselves since the bride's are on her order. I also explained they are not paying the $4 shipping charge. Not to mention all of the deliveries the host/bride would have to hand out if so many people received a free product!

This also would make it confusing for the bride to sort through the orders as to what is hers/others if her items are mixed w/another order. The bride yesterday wants the entire show shipped to her.

I still believe all of the bride's on one order is the way to go. I forgot to mention she will have two orders because the free and half price items are in her maiden name. This way she does get full credit for what was purchased for her (someone mentioned that above).

I also forgot to mention this is the way my Exec. Director says to do it and she has been w/PC for 15 years.

Last edited:
Yes, I pay the $4 for the one order.

pampchefrhondab said:
I thought of the monthly special as well, but explained to the guests they get the special for what they purchase for themselves since the bride's are on her order. I also explained they are not paying the $4 shipping charge. Not to mention all of the deliveries the host/bride would have to hand out if so many people received a free product!

This also would make it confusing for the bride to sort through the orders as to what is hers/others if her items are mixed w/another order. The bride yesterday wants the entire show shipped to her.

I still believe all of the bride's on one order is the way to go. I forgot to mention she will have two orders because the free and half price items are in her maiden name. This way she does get full credit for what was purchased for her (someone mentioned that above).
I know that my guest would be very upset if they spent $50 on a gift and another $25 for themselves and were told that they didn't spend enough to get the freebee. I always encourage guests to purchase for themselves because it gives the bride more free.

Also, it is not that much work to hand out those orders. There is normally someone else hosting the shower so she could help with delivery. These are her friends and family - most of the time she will see them anyway and it's an opportunity to say "thanks again".

I would be interested to hear what HO's opinion on this topic would be.

I have a question for all of you. What about those showers where people ONLY take money for the wish list and then the bride picks what she wants. I've heard that on a training tape from HO. On the tape they said the entire order goes in the bride's name. How is the guests picking out actual items for the bride any different?

Personally I don't think the guests should get the freebie. They are not buying for themselves $60 in product. I guess one outways the other w/HO not getting the $4. The choice of items free is probably about the same price.

I also explain buying products for themselves helps the bride as well as booking their own show. The order form I use I got from here. It has the "for the couple" on the top and "for myself" on the bottom.

I think the couple get more products by each person not having to pay shipping. Let's say someone only has $25 to spend. If they have to pay $4.28 shipping (w/tax) they may only purchase a $20 item.

Last edited:
Don't think we are nagging you about this. If that is the way your Exec Director does it, why don't you call her and ask her how she handles multiple CC's. We are just trying to tell you the way we do it to help you out in the future. I had my own bridal shower and have done two as a consultant and all three were done the way I mentioned and nobody complained. As for the free gift, if I was spending $60+ on a gift, I would want a free item if I could. What other company offers free stuff like PC does?

I'm not saying the way all of you do it is wrong. I just think there are multiple ways of doing it. We all do it the way we think is best. I do plan on asking my Exec., I just thought it would be quicker and easier to go to all of you. They did mention it at our last trng. about the multiple cc's, but I forgot what they said - go figure the one thing I needed to remember! Not that I don't have many other things going on in my life:)!

I do have one other question to think about. My bride recieved a set of Stainless Cookware with a lifetime guarantee. This was purchased by Grandma and two Aunts. Why would I want to put that cookware in Grandma's name? The Lifetime Guarantee is only for the original purchaser.

pampchefrhondab said:
I do have one other question to think about. My bride recieved a set of Stainless Cookware with a lifetime guarantee. This was purchased by Grandma and two Aunts. Why would I want to put that cookware in Grandma's name? The Lifetime Guarantee is only for the original purchaser.
HO is aware of this situation when it comes to bridal showers, they know that gifts are purchased for people at the showers.

pampchefrhondab said:

Guests are allowed to purchase gifts. The person who received it just has to say who bought it as a gift and when and HO can look it up.

I want to say that I echo wadesgirl's post - it's not about you, it's about what we perceive to be how to do it. I have sent an email to HO about this and will post the reply when I get it (I hope I represented the second consensus correctly). Here's what I sent them:

A question about how to submit the bride's gifts has come up in a discussion with other consultants. Could you please clarify for us?

I feel that the orders should be entered in the name of the purchaser and that if they order enough to get the guest special they should be eligible for it. I also feel that they should pay the $4 shipping charge. I always encourage personal ordering too so that the bride gets even more benefits. I give the bride a print out of all gifts and who gave them so that if she has warranty issues she has the show information and the name of the guest who bought her product.

Another consensus is to enter all the bride's gifts on one guest order in the bride's name. This method has multiple people's orders on one guest order and only one $4 shipping charge for her gifts. Anyone ordering for themselves would have a separate guest order, paying their own shipping and earning the guest special only if the personal order reached $60 (not including the gift they bought). This question came to the surface because of a problem entering more than 2 credit card numbers on the one order.

Is there a preferred way to do this? Is there a problem doing it either way? Are both methods okay?
Thanks for the clarification!

That's what I was thinking is we should have a gift receipt like many stores do. Maybe since the show is entered as a "Bridal Shower" they know it is a gift?

Thanks Beth. I'm looking forward to see what HO says.

pampchefrhondab said:
That's what I was thinking is we should have a gift receipt like many stores do. Maybe since the show is entered as a "Bridal Shower" they know it is a gift?

Exactly, they can see that it's a bridal shower and know what to do with it.

pampchefrhondab said:

That's kind of what I do with the business card I give the purchaser if I know it's a gift (on other than bridal shows). I write the show information on the back and I tell the purchaser to give it to the person they are giving it to so they have that info for warranty purposes. I don't know how many people actually do give my card but I try.

I sure want to do it the correct way.

I think the idea of one receipt for the bride started when people just gave "cash" for the gift. The org. training tape I listened to the consultant had a basket for the guests to put their money in then the bride picked out what she wanted w/the money. I just don't think that is very personable. Like yesterday one of the guests purchased the bride the stoneware pie plate because it went perfectly w/the recipe she gave her. I also heard just collecting cash can be a problem because the bride just wants to take it and spend it on something else!

pampchefrhondab said:

I think the idea of one receipt for the bride started when people just gave "cash" for the gift. The org. training tape I listened to the consultant had a basket for the guests to put their money in then the bride picked out what she wanted w/the money. I just don't think that is very personable. Like yesterday one of the guests purchased the bride the stoneware pie plate because it went perfectly w/the recipe she gave her. I also heard just collecting cash can be a problem because the bride just wants to take it and spend it on something else!

I have heard of this happening more than once!

pampchefrhondab said:

I agree! I would not do a show of that type (cash). It is just asking for problems in my opinion.

Once in a while a guest will say to me "I just want to give her this money to get whatever she wants from her list". In that case, I would write the amount down a receipt for the guest. When the show is ready to close I would check the total and if she is close to the next level I would say "Remember, your Aunt Mary gave us $___ toward your party. Do you want to use that to get to the next level and more free...?" If they are not near another level I will remind her that we have Aunt Mary's money to use toward her host benefits.

Fortunately that doesn't happen often though. I like things more simple.

When I had my bridal shower, I was sent two checks in the mail from family members who couldn't make it (they sent them to my aunt that was hosting. I picked a few products that I wanted with that amount of money and we placed an order as if they had been there. You could always encourage people who want to give cash gifts to get together with someone else and buy larger items that way. Or the bride could use the money to purchase items on her host order.

Just got the reply from HO regarding this topic. They didn't address the credit card issue though.

Dear Beth,

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef. Both scenarios are acceptable and we will process both. It is up to you to decide which will best fit your customer's needs. In some cases it might be better to use scenario #2 where a guest order is processed under the bride's name, allowing her to have a sales receipt for all of those items. But you might come across different guest monthly specials where it would be beneficial to the customer to add the bride's gift to their own order, to qualify for a free product or discount. It is up to you to decide when to use which scenario, both are acceptable. Is just a matter of deciding what is most acceptable to your customers.

Thanks, Beth!

Thanks Beth, I'm glad I'm not going agains any policy.

My Exec. Director said to print the receipts first and then add the extra credit card payments to another order. She also said: "Home Office doesn't really give us an "official" standard to go by - that is because many Consultants like to go "above and beyond" and they don't want to require that. You really do go above and beyond doing the shower this way - it is definitely harder on the Consultant but is more beneficial to the guests to not pay shippping on each and every bride gift, and better for the bride to keep track of her products. You certainly could split the bride order into two if you wanted to allow her to get 2 of the specials - but then someone has to pay additional shipping. I guess it's a toss up!!"

Looking at the orders I only had 1 order that would have qualified for the free product, which was split by 3 people. This means they would have had to decide to get the free proudct. There was another one that was very close just on her own product. I explained to her the bride's didn't count toward the $60 since the order is in the bride's name for guarantees, etc. She then understood and didn't have a problem with that - she did add to her order to get the free product.

I prefer to do it this way. It's easier for the bride and it saves that $4 per person and the bride will probably get more product.

Take Care,

1. How many credit card payments can be used for a bridal shower host order?

The maximum number of credit card payments that can be used for a bridal shower host order is two.

2. Can I put all the credit card payments for a host order on one order?

Yes, you can put multiple credit card payments for a host order on one order. However, please keep in mind that there is a limit of two credit card payments for a single order.

3. Is it possible to enter a name and address in PP Plus without placing an order?

Yes, you can enter a name and address in PP Plus without placing an order. This can be helpful for keeping track of guest lists and addresses for future events.

4. Can I make a payment without placing an order in PP Plus?

No, PP Plus is a payment processing system that is directly linked to orders. You will need to place an order in order to make a payment through PP Plus.

5. What should I do if I have more than two credit card payments for a host order?

If you have more than two credit card payments for a host order, you can split the payments between multiple orders. Alternatively, you can also consider using other forms of payment, such as cash or check, for the remaining payments.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bridgetbakes
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
stacywhitlow
  • kam
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • wadesgirl