• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ideas for Booking December.......

In summary, Colleen is thinking of ideas to book her December shows using the Trifle Bowl as a tool. She is thinking of doing a Black Forest Trifle, a gift-giving show, and a couples show.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
We all know that December can be a tough month to book - but we want to end the year with a BANG!
The more I think about the Host Bonus of the Trifle Bowl, the more I think it is a good idea! In fact, I am thinking I may purchase another one before then so I have 2 for shows. 1 for a Trifle or Salad at the show, and another to show some great decorating and gift-giving tips.
I thought I'd start a thread to gather some ideas on booking in Dec - using the Host Bonus as a booking tool. How are you going to show/use/talk about the Trifle Bowl to get those Dec. Bookings?

Good idea Becky!
I am interested in ideas as well!
Although....I really need to fill September first. :(
I had 2 cancellations. :(

I don't have any great ideas for you but I was just thinking that I should buy a second one to show other ideas and then I found this thread...HHHMMM great minds think alike...I will say this though, my best friend wants to buy one just to put Christmas orniments in. I think that the christmas balls in it on page 8 of the new catalog look so simple yet eligant. I think I might just try something like that...I know that our Dollar Tree already has Christmas decorations out so I will probably have to go there and see what I can get to look great.

How about making a discounted gift package. You can even go as simple as taking 10% off and mentioning that it would be 20% off for past hosts! Start with one of our towels (perfect color for the holiday season) and add in a few products.

SusanBP0129 said:
Good idea Becky!
I am interested in ideas as well!
Although....I really need to fill September first. :(
I had 2 cancellations. :(

I'm So sorry about your cancellations.....:(
Can you call up people that want the cookware to see if they want it at 60% off?

As far as Dec Host Specials.....
We can always offer to pay for it.
Or if they want the Linens, tell them we'll pay half of discounted price...17.15

In december I usually do a stop & shop... I bring something already made or something I can assemble really quick there and just have catalogs out and a holiday display. People come by, eat, shop and leave. No demo... I'm just there to answer questions.

Thinking ahead, I think I'll do the Black Forest Trifle... it's very festive looking and will match nicely with all of the cranberry accessories! I'll attach the recipe here...

Attachments

• Black Forest Trifle.doc
    71 KB · Views: 330
I'll be demoing the Trifle in Nov to book Dec. Personally, if I'm demoing the Trifle in Dec...doesn't do me much good as far as bookings go since by then, my Dec is booked. I always demo the Host Special the month prior.

In Dec, my best successes is with cookie exchange parties and Gift Giving ideas...

finley1991 said:
In december I usually do a stop & shop... I bring something already made or something I can assemble really quick there and just have catalogs out and a holiday display. People come by, eat, shop and leave. No demo... I'm just there to answer questions.

Thinking ahead, I think I'll do the Black Forest Trifle... it's very festive looking and will match nicely with all of the cranberry accessories! I'll attach the recipe here...

Colleen,
That sounds like a great idea! I may have to try this! It might give more bookings if people know there won't be a demo, as that time of year gets pretty busy...

Well after seeing Oprah's show and her "party in a bowl" idea, I've taken my TB to all parties and put the same items as Debi Lilly did at confrence and talked about how Oprah featured it and gave them away as party gifts! Then passed around the TB display card and It's gotten uuuhhhhs and ahhhhhhhs so what about a "Holiday package-present in a bowl" at your shows during the fall and stuff it with the cranberry stuff and cookies, coffee etc. ?? I think I'll change mine also since I have the cranberry towels.

Last edited:
My last 2 Decembers have been very busy and neither year was a host bonus my hosts were trying to get...they just wanted to get stuff before the holidays!

I don't do cookie exchanges but my two best "theme" shows in December are for gift giving (I use the old "Gifts to Go" verbage) and also couples shows.

I have been very successful with cookie exchanges in Nov. and Dec. I think I am going to take my trifle bowl and package it up with cookies and how you can give it as a gift. Hopefully it will work and will have lots of cookie shows again.

I want to thank the person who started this thread...when I saw the host bonus options for December, I confess I was disappointed. But, then the info on making a dish in 1 and making a decorative display in another caught my attention! I have a neighbor who will loan me a 2nd trifle so I'm set there....and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the decorative displays that are on Page 8 of the new catalog. And, the reminder of Oprah's stuff and the Entertaining Guide gal's ideas also were good to focus me!

I am promoting a "Cookie Swap" Kitchen show in December!! I will fill my trifle bowl with all of my cookies!!!!!

I have done a December Mega Show the first Sunday in December. I start promoting this at my September shows with a flyer in my binder about it. I mention cookie swaps in Dec., but if the host doesn't want to clean her house she can invite her friends and family to my Mega show. I charge each host $10 per table (to cover food and drinks) and her job is to decorate her table and get her friends there...usually a community bldg. or church hall. There are lots of give-aways and raffles, door prizes etc....
It's a good way to have 4-10 shows in one day. I ususally offer my hosts a special drawing for them only...something nice...a good size stone or a piece of cookware. Every host gets something from me.
I print the flyer on Christmas paper and really promote it now stating that once I have 8-10 hosts it is full.
This just another option for those whose house isn't large enough or they need another place to have their show. It is each hosts own separate show; they are responsible to send invites and collect outside orders. Each show can go on your website too.
The one flyer is courtesy of ChefAnn, so I cannot take credit, but it is explained very well in her flyer. Give this a try.:)
Deb Z.

Attachments

• Mega Show tips and games.doc
    35.5 KB · Views: 595
  • MEGASHOWINVITATIONLETTER2002.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 383
My SD offers a couple of recipes/themes in December ONLY. No exceptions. She starts talking about them in the fall, and gets the first 2 weeks of December booked solid. She usually does some sort of easy-but-impressive appetizer or dessert, so people can make it for the holidays. And she always does a fun drink - like Cranberry Champagne Punch. (2 cup citrus vodka, 4 cups cranberry juice, 1 bottle (750ml) sparkling wine or champagne - careful, it sneaks up on you ;) )

Sounds like some great ideas!

I like the ideas I'm reading here. Thanks for starting this thread, Becky. Speaking of the trifle bowl, I cannot believe that just yesterday, two months after I received my trifle bowl, I realized it is lopsided! The base is warped so my bowl leans forward or sideways, depending how you look at it. I used it as a centerpiece on my island filled with kiwi, green apples and nectarines. It was pretty, except it looked a little funny to me. I thought maybe I put it on the base wrong. NO. So I turned the base upside down, like that would help. NO. I've never noticed it before. I'll be calling HO tomorrow. I hope they will just send me a new base. I don't want to pay the shipping for that thing!

I also do the cookie swaps in December. Most of the people who book in Dec. with me know that and book with me specifically in Dec. to have a cookie swap. The guest special in Dec. is PERFECT for what I do at my cookie swaps (2 cookie recipes, one bar pan and one flat stone recipe with the cookie press). I think putting cookies in the Trifle Bowl and wrapping it with a bow is a fantastic idea to present the host special - I will probably start doing that at my late Sept. and Oct. shows. (I start booking Jan. in Nov.!). I like the "Party in a Bowl" promo idea, too. I have also been pointing out the picture of the trifle bowl with a BEAUTIFUL bouquet of flowers anchored with the cranberries in the new fall catalog on page 8. I have mentioned it and shown it at all of my August shows, and many people are hosting either cooking or catalog shows this fall to get the Trifle bowl discounted, so I'm sure it will work for booking Dec.!

Thanks Becky for starting this thread. I'm booked solid for Sep-Oct. I'll be using the trifle bowl and holiday ideas to book Nov./Dec. I really like the Festive Winter Bark (with cranberries.) This recipe is found in the All The Best Cookbook.I am going to do this with other cookies layered inside the Trifle Bowl. I also use wine glasses filled with seven-up and add a few dried cranberries. They will "dance" inside the glass. This is a great idea for the Thanksgiving table as well. Since I am going to start booking for November in the next few weeks, I will share my ideas I come up with too.

1. How can I book a December party with Pampered Chef?

To book a December party with Pampered Chef, you can contact your consultant or host your own virtual party through our website. You can also attend a party hosted by a consultant near you.

2. Can I earn free products by hosting a December party?

Yes, as a host of a December party with Pampered Chef, you can earn free products and discounts based on the sales from your party. Your consultant will be able to provide more details and answer any questions you may have.

3. What type of products can I expect to see at a December party?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of high-quality kitchen tools and cookware, as well as delicious food products. Our December parties may feature holiday-themed products such as festive cookie cutters, baking sets, and entertaining platters.

4. How can I make my December party with Pampered Chef more fun and engaging?

You can make your December party more fun and engaging by incorporating holiday-themed games, recipes, and decorating tips. Your consultant can also help with ideas and suggestions to make your party a success.

5. Is it possible to book a December party as a fundraiser?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers the opportunity to host a fundraiser party in December. Your consultant can provide more information on how to set up a fundraiser party and how your organization can benefit from it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• natural
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefJoyJ
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ChefJoyJ
  • melissa3026