• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

December Bookings -- Need Ideas!!!

In summary, Debbie recommends that you offer a pre-Christmas show or a catalog show in order to get people to book a show in December. She also suggests an exchange cookie party, a Husband's gift buying party, and a Christmas themed show.
JoyfulChef
I have four more shows coming up in November and I want to entice the guests to book a show in December. I have one booked so far and the three additional ones I have are for January. I can't seem to get people to book in December. Any ideas or strategies?

I appreciate it!
:)

One thing I would suggest, if they are too business because of the holidays, is that you either do an express show or offer a catalog show.

Tell them is a perfect way to have a "get together" for all the people they usually don't get the chance to see during the holidays. You can make Christmas themed recipe and make sure you show off tonnes of little things (like the I-slice, easy opener etc etc) for stocking stuffers.

I've been telling possible hosts that my pre-Christmas shows have been doing a bit better than usual (which is true, I'm up about £60 on a normal show) because people enjoy shopping without having to fight the crowds. My hosts have been doing really well!

Another idea is a Husband's gift buying party. You do it like an express...show up with the food done. Before the party, have the host give the other guys a catalog and order form and have their wives fill out the wish list with EVERYTHING she wants. Have him bring it to the party. Now they have a list of things she wants and she will still be surprised because she doesn't know what he picked off the list. I have had some interest in a show like this.

You could try a cookie exchange. Have the host invite people to a cookie exchange and only do cookie recipes, ideas, and tips. (A Cookie exchange is where every person brings their favorite cookies and exchanges them for the ones others bring. Everyone takes cookies home, and some made by you on a stone to show superior cooking quality.) I do not have an invite made up just yet.....I"m not good at that sort of thing,but just an idea.

I got this tip from a cluster meeting - When you are talking about your December schedule, make it sound urgent. "I love doing December shows, but I only have a few dates available. The host and guest specials are awesome, so be sure to reserve your show date right away."

I will also be saying something like this - "It's the best time for a Pampered Chef show, because your house will be beautifully decorated already, your friends will already be looking for some great gift ideas, plus, I will do the cooking and clean up for you! It's also great to make your annual Christmas cookie or gift exchange a little more exciting!"

I will see how it works at my show tonight! Hope it helps!

Melissa

Christmas Shopping!Definitely make it seem like shopping with the Pampered Chef for the holidays is quick, easy and our products are great for anyone. From the best chef in the family to the beginner. Which we are alot easier to shop with than going to a crowded mall, having to look for parking, going from store to store to look for something that will last for years to come.
Our products definitely last and help make meals quick, easy and delicious.
I also offer Christmas theme shows, Christmas theme games, and Christmas dishes.
I also offer a giveaway for the host with the highest sales in December.
A competition usually works for me and it gets my hosts to really work hard to get outside orders and to keep her guests from cancelling. It also helps them to look outside of their same familiar circle of friends and venture onto teachers, doctor's office receptionists, neighbors, etc....
I also do the stocking stuffer ideas. I bring a stocking and fill it with a scraper, measure all cup, scoop, chef's tools, whisks, etc and then mix and match with all of our tools. It gives a great visual and I usually sell more of those products in gruops of five or more around the holidays.
I also love to pass out those cool Christmas wish lists for their husbands.

Debbie :D

ooh, I have a stocking stuffer flyer but I never thought to actually put the things IN a stocking...that is much better, people do better with visuals don't they!

I just keep mentioning how the toys make awesome Christmas presents and THEY ask ME if they can do one in December. I didn't even have to ask people at my last 2 shows if they wanted to host a show because they're jumping at it (I've got 2 sets of people who want to co-host shows during the first 2 Saturdays in Dec, so interest by 4 people just by saying a couple of times during my very brief presentation that "my toys make awesome holiday gifts," a 5th person is going to see if her friends would come to a party before she sets a date but would switch to a catalog show if they want to order but not attend a show).

People are always strssed about Christmas shopping.....let them knwo it's one of the easiest ways to battle the crowds.. that is how I got two shows in December.

dollfangs said:
Another idea is a Husband's gift buying party. You do it like an express...show up with the food done. Before the party, have the host give the other guys a catalog and order form and have their wives fill out the wish list with EVERYTHING she wants. Have him bring it to the party. Now they have a list of things she wants and she will still be surprised because she doesn't know what he picked off the list. I have had some interest in a show like this.

I am actually doing this at my house and my husband is the "host." I am serving man food - dips, beer, etc., and inviting the guys over to the game. As an added bonus, I am going to wrap them and then deliver them to the guys. A guy not having to wrap a gift is going to be a sure winner! :)

Wow girls, these are all great ideas! I actually did think of the husband/significant other gift buying party thing. The stocking stuffer thing is a great idea, too!

What do you guys think of doing a Holiday Dollar Sale thing? I thought that might be a nice incentive for someone to book a party. Is that too pushy?

Taking the next month's host special to this month's shows always works. You can let them pass it around while you gush about how great it will be for december hosts.

What are some fun themes for December parties?

Some fun themes for December parties could include a holiday cookie exchange, a gingerbread house decorating party, a hot chocolate bar, or a holiday potluck.

How can I encourage my guests to book a party in December?

One way to encourage guests to book a party in December is to offer a special discount or bonus for booking during that month. You could also highlight the benefits of hosting a party during the holiday season, such as being able to get all their holiday shopping done in one place.

What are some popular products to feature in December parties?

Some popular products to feature in December parties include holiday-themed kitchen gadgets, baking sets, and entertaining items like cheese boards or cocktail shakers. You could also showcase products that make great gifts, such as knife sets or cookware.

How can I make my December parties stand out?

To make your December parties stand out, you could offer a unique party activity, such as a cooking demonstration or a DIY gift-making station. You could also incorporate holiday decorations and music to create a festive atmosphere.

What are some strategies for getting repeat bookings from December parties?

Some strategies for getting repeat bookings from December parties include offering a special discount or bonus for guests who book a party for the following year, following up with guests after the party to thank them and remind them of the benefits of hosting a party, and providing excellent customer service to ensure guests have a positive experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MHPampered
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
MakinBacon
  • jj16
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
beckyjsmith
  • Doodlbug329