• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your January Bookings: Tips from Cheffers for a Successful New Year

In summary, the author is having a hard time getting people on the phone, and January is going to be a hard month to book. She is offering a flat $20 for a 8 inch saute cookware piece, and if the guest sales are at least $300, the host will get a free gift.
mandydollie
Cheffers~I am having a really good December (for me, anyway) but looking into January, I've got nothing. Any ideas on how I can entice people to book in January for me. Would like to have a good January so that I can take some time off in February for my wedding. I would really welcome any ideas on how to get January bookings. Thanks in Advance!

Last edited:
Get on the phone get on the phone get on the phone...
and tell them that for January Hosts ONLY you are doing their grocery shopping and sending their invitations, to make it easy for them to recuperate from the holiday madness!
Cookware!! OMG>.. who wouldn't want cheap , but high quality cookware that they will have a lifetime! -- guaranteed!

HTH... I have 3 Jan. shows booked... January has always been my hardest month... so I definitely know how you are feeling... I still worry about my 3 shows... will they hold?? I hope so!!!
Best of luck!

I had a great November, but nothing else on the books. I need to make more calls. The ones I did make have not given me anything. I sent out 100 emails with no response too.

I need to pin point those people in the past that have booked a show off a show!

At our xmas cluster meetingI got a great idea I'm using to pack full my January calendar.

Instead of getting an open stock piece of cookware at 60% off, I'm offering it for a flat $20. Of course, the 8 inch saute is cheaper, and in that case they'll just pay the 60% off price. But who wouldn't want one of our awesome pieces for just $20! I am putting a stipulation on it - show sales must be at least $300 in GUEST sales (meaning not the host order) to qualify for this. I figured, if this pushes someone over the edge to book a party, than so be it. Yes, I might be out of pocket a few $$, but it also means I have more bookings, and potential bookings from bookings, I see it as a win-win situation in the long run.

my director told me i should make little bags up for my dec shows-go to $1 & buy plates,forks,napkins & giftbags & put some of each in a giftbag w/ the green host planner sheet,flyer of host special,& opp brochure & invitations & whatever else & if no one asks at the show say Oh I'm doing a Special for the newyear! Party In a bag! Everything you need is in there except your friends!!!

I sent out a flyer with the great January Host special. I'm offering FREE shows in January and if they book between January 1st and the 15th, then I'm throwing in the Nylon Tool Set-Basic for FREE! If they pass the flyer on to a friend who books, they get a free gift at the friends show! We'll see how it works out! I'm going to get on the phone this week to anyone who has ordered cookware and just see how it's working out and find out if they would like to add more to their collection!

I am having a hard time getting people on the phone, I leave messages and they do not call me back- Those who say they want to have a show in January, and it is frustrating.

I'm finding January is going to be a hard month to book too.. Everyone I spoke to so far want me to call them after the holidays are over. They just can't think of doing anything until Christmas is done and packed away again. I do have one show booked, but not sure if it will stick as it seems my host will be moving that month. I do have some people to call and hopefully they will book for the end of Jan. I hope so, but so far no luck .... I will have to dig my heels in soon and find some new people to host for me!!

Good luck everyone on getting those Jan. shows!

Cheers

ltkacz said:
I got a great idea I'm using to pack full my January calendar.

Instead of getting an open stock piece of cookware at 60% off, I'm offering it for a flat $20. Of course, the 8 inch saute is cheaper, and in that case they'll just pay the 60% off price. But who wouldn't want one of our awesome pieces for just $20! I am putting a stipulation on it - show sales must be at least $300 in GUEST sales (meaning not the host order) to qualify for this. I figured, if this pushes someone over the edge to book a party, than so be it. Yes, I might be out of pocket a few $$, but it also means I have more bookings, and potential bookings from bookings, I see it as a win-win situation in the long run.

I really like that idea Liz! I will try and incorporate that in my newsletter and see how I do! I'll let you know!!

You know, people always say "oh January is a bad month for shows, right after the holidays." But, the past 2 years, it has been one of my best months!
I would definately suggest getting on the phone NOW! I've got 4 shows booked, & I want the rest of my calendar filled by the end of this week. Call all your past guests & hosts that have bought cookware.....I'm over-booking, cause I'm earning conference for FREE:D

Here's an idea: Offer a coupon for an additional $25 in free product for the first to book off of a show and then $15 for the second and $10 for the third and then submit it as a consultant gift. Might get the guests into a frienzy trying to be first! You get a tax write off.

I've only been in the business since May, so I don' have much to say about good months and bad months. I hit my 15000 in November. YIPPEE! Raise for me! I've got 7 shows on the books for January (CAN"T BELIEVE IT!)and I thought it would be hard to book as well.

Tara

Tara~That is a great idea. As soon as I get a few January Shows scheduled I will try that. Actually, it may not be a bad idea at every show, but reduce the amounts.

I have had a horrible NOV and December isn't much better.... I need to get on the phone and get some emails sent out to my past hostess. This is silly I am not going inactive I have worked way to hard for this!!!

1. How can I increase my bookings in January?

One way to increase your bookings in January is to offer a special promotion or discount for hosting a party during the month. You can also reach out to past customers and offer them incentives for booking a party in January.

2. What are some tips for successful parties in the new year?

Some tips for successful parties in the new year include focusing on healthy and nutritious recipes, promoting your party as a way to kickstart healthy eating habits for the new year, and offering cooking demonstrations or interactive activities to engage guests.

3. How can I utilize social media to boost my bookings?

Social media can be a powerful tool for boosting bookings in January. You can create posts or events on platforms like Facebook and Instagram to advertise your January promotions, share healthy recipes and tips, and showcase the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party.

4. What are some ideas for themed parties in January?

You can plan themed parties around healthy eating habits, new year's resolutions, or even winter comfort foods. You can also offer themed party packages that include products specifically designed for healthy cooking or winter dishes.

5. How can I encourage guests to book their own parties in January?

One way to encourage guests to book their own parties in January is to offer them a hostess incentive for booking during the month, such as a free product or discount on their order. You can also mention the benefits of hosting a party in January, such as earning free products and getting a head start on their new year's resolutions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pngentil
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DitzyChef
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pkd09
  • Becca_in_MD