• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Book January When December Isn't Full!

usually in October or February. But I have had success in booking January when I talk about it at my shows in November and December. I just remind people that it is a good month to book if they want the special.
chefmeg
Gold Member
Will those of you that have this dilemma (like me) share your ideas for getting the January bookings when we aren;t quite where we want ot be for December?
At shows, if I talk about the January special, no one will even look at December!
On the phone, I think I could glaze right over December and go into January.

What are ya'll thinking for this "problem"?

I never talk about another month until the month I want to be full is FULL! Right now I'm still taking November and December. At those shows I will talk January.

Ya know, I have always been taught that if I didn't have shows on my calendar for January before Thanksgiving, that it wouldn't happen! Have you found that to be true?

Well, at my show last night, I talked about how great it would be for the host if she had bookings in all months......Got 2 bookings for Nov. (one cooking & one catalog) a booking for Dec., and a booking for January. I have a fundraiser tomorrow, and 3 shows next week.....I will continue to talk like that until I have Nov. & Dec. full. I have 2 open dates for each month....and then I will concentrate fully on January.

chefmeg said:
Ya know, I have always been taught that if I didn't have shows on my calendar for January before Thanksgiving, that it wouldn't happen! Have you found that to be true?

I personally have never had anything booked in Jan prior to Thanksgiving and it is always a $3k month for me. I work to make it that way though... phone calls and I talk it up at Nov/December shows.

Any month can be what you want.

Any month can be what you want.

true~can you just email me that everyday for the next 2 weeks??!!! I seem to get ahead of myself at this time of the year and really freak out that January is going to suffer because of the excuses, real and percieved, that people come up with!
Are you going to Leadership Colleen?

I have started booking for January....I just have 1 but its a start. I am having open house in a week and hoping to fill my calander then!!!!

It's hard not to look to January but I have to force myself not to b/c I only have one show on the calendar for December!:cry:

I guess I'm not all that worried about December. I have 4 shows booked right now - the most I want to do is 5-6 - I am heavily involved in the Christmas production at my church, and won't be doing any shows after the 11th.......and every December, I seem to get a TON of individual orders. Some are large enough to be a good show themselves. I have one very good customer who places a $300-$400 order every December for gifts for family and friends. Sometimes she even collects a few orders and turns it into a catalog show. The other individual orders I group together and put in a show of my own. November - I can do 2 more shows.....but if I don't, I don't think I will be too upset. Right now, I am just taking the bookings as they come and fitting them where I can.

I usually count my December as only a half-month, since the last day for holiday orders is the 15th. I book a few shows during the first week or so, then take the rest of the month off. I will do more catalog shows in December than any other month, though.

Yes! I'm going to Leadership and CANNOT wait!!!!

I dont have any Dec or Jan bookings, still filling Nov!! I am a little worried, but hoping my "potiental" bookings turn into bookings!

I have offered an "extra" for anyone who books in January. I have found that November takes care of itself. December, too but I do want my shows to end on the 15th. In the last few years, Christmas afternoon is when I start to enjoy Christmas...because it is over. I hate that.

Now that directors have January specials out, ask them to tell you about them. Personally, I wish January specials came out in October and February's in November. I find it very hard to book January and talk about this "good special" when I can't tell people what it is!

It is fantastic for Jan. 08 so if it hasn't been posted here, ask your director!

I do find it harder to book January after Thanksgiving.

That is such a cute flyer!!!

chefmeg said:

NO!! I book my Jan's right after Christmas and for the 2 yrs I've been doing it (thisis my 3rd Jan), I've never fallen below $1500 in sales in Jan. Its always my best month. I've always struggled with Dec and summer months. Inever worry about months ahead till I have the current month where I want it to be. Then I book the next month. It works great for me at the turn of the year.

Good luck in your new year!! :thumbup:

Some of the booking differences might be our focus around the Holiday time.
I choose not to do shows after the 11th or 12th of December.....because the Christmas season is a busy, bustling time for me, and as a family we have many Christmas traditions and special events. I want to be able to relax and enjoy my time with my family, and also be a part of all the special events going on at my church. All of this takes me through the new year. So, with that in mind - it is a huge thing off my "to do" list if my January is booked by Thanksgiving. If I waited until after Thanksgiving to book January - I just wouldn't have the desire or the time to get it all done.

I try for November bookings first, then December and then January. I let people know that NOW is the time to book Jan even though it may seem so early. Once I know they want Jan I remind them that once Thanksgiving is here, they are going to be busy through the end of December and I will have Jan booked by Thanksgiving anyway. I also tell them that Jan is usually the best month for hosts because HO helps us out!

I know the answer to all things about bookings is 3-2-1...just have a hard time getting that through my thick skull! I plan to take an hour or 2 every night this coming weekend and week and just do it! I'll let ya'll know how it turns out!

So I have a few potentials at recent shows that said "call me next year." I find that calling them in early January means they won't book until March. At least, that's my experience and a reflection of my lack of ability to book shows from luke-warm folks.

I thought about sending one and email (don't have a phone number for her, sigh) that said I would give her $50 extra FREE product if she booked before Thanksgiving. I would use the host special for January to pay for this incentive. Is this unethical? Will it come back to bite me in anyway?

Thanks....BEE

beepampered said:
So I have a few potentials at recent shows that said "call me next year." I find that calling them in early January means they won't book until March. At least, that's my experience and a reflection of my lack of ability to book shows from luke-warm folks.

I thought about sending one and email (don't have a phone number for her, sigh) that said I would give her $50 extra FREE product if she booked before Thanksgiving. I would use the host special for January to pay for this incentive. Is this unethical? Will it come back to bite me in anyway?

Thanks....BEE

It may bite you. When she finds out about the special, she may ask if she gets an additional $50 on top of the host benefit. I wouldn;t offer that much, personally. A free gift maybe or another extra incentive....

It may be alright if you guarantee your host $50 in free products. That way it won't cost you quite so much. And you will be adding it to the host order so you can use their discount. I have done simular things like this before. Usually in July when I have difficulty booking. Good luck!

1. How can I book parties in January when my schedule is already full in December?

The key is to plan ahead and start booking parties early. Reach out to your existing customers and ask if they would like to host a party in January. You can also try offering incentives, such as free products or discounts, to encourage them to book a party. Additionally, reach out to potential new customers by attending local events or reaching out to your friends and family.

2. What are some creative ways to book parties in January?

Consider hosting a virtual party, where your customers can shop from the comfort of their own homes. You can also offer themed parties, such as a healthy eating or meal prep party, to attract new customers. Collaborate with other consultants or businesses to co-host a party and reach a larger audience.

3. How do I keep my calendar full in January after a busy December season?

Stay organized and keep track of your customers' party dates. Follow up with them after their party to see if they would like to book another one in January. Utilize social media to promote your business and attract new customers. Offer incentives to customers who refer you to their friends and family.

4. Is it better to book parties in January or wait until February?

It's always better to book parties as early as possible. January tends to be a slower month for most businesses, so taking advantage of that by booking parties can help boost your sales. However, if your schedule is completely full in January, it's okay to start booking parties for February as well.

5. How can I make January parties more appealing to my customers?

Consider offering new and exciting products or hosting a special promotion during January parties. You can also incorporate fun activities or games into your parties to make them more engaging. Offer a special discount or free gift to those who book a party in January as an incentive. Remember to always provide excellent customer service to keep your customers coming back for more.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Kattipppe
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Doodlbug329
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies