• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Was Checking an Orders Shipping Status Just Now and There Are

In summary, someone recycled the tracking numbers for the five boxes that were supposed to be sent to host and two direct orders that were placed on UPS tracking. There is still a mystery as to where the package that was supposed to have been delivered to the consultant, who was then a consultant, was delivered before she became one.
quiverfull7
Gold Member
I was checking an orders shipping status just now and there are supposed to be 5 boxes sent to host and 2 direct orders... so I clicked on view all 5 on UPS Tracking... interestingly enough it says one box was delivered to front door on 7/24/2006!!!!!!!!!!!! SIGH ... I called HO ...got the message to get a call back as wait time was 32 minutes... bypassed that and had a rep in 30 seconds... and wa la ... it's a mystery as to how my package got delivered prior to me becoming a consultant!!!!!! :) The rep was SO great and said she will check with UPS and see what's up.. the delivery isn't scheduled to arrive until tomorrow so I'm sure we'll just have to wait and see whether it comes or not... otherwise there may be a box out in limbo somewhere.. .I'm praying I get a call today that solves the mystery. Of course this host also has backordered items... This is my worst fears realized. Back in 1986 I became a Longaberger Consultant and did great as far as getting orders and doing shows... but I came on board just when the company ballooned and the wait time, since they are handmade products, was atrocious and in a rural area with not too large a base of customers who could spend that kind of money... waiting 4 months for their product was definite turn off... so I ended up backing out of that. Their paperwork and catalogs took ALL my profits as well. I'm VERY impressed with the costs of our supplies and all the perks as well... so I'm trying to remember all of that as I sit here wondering where in UPS land this box is... Happy Thursday to you all.. .and don't click on a call back from HO without trying the other route first!

It's OK!!!!Don't worry about the date. This happens all the time. Someone, either Pampered Chef or UPS, is recycling the tracking numbers. Sometimes the first day or two it will show the wrong ship date in the system, but then when they scan it, it will straighten out. Happens all the time to me!

Thanks SO much... that puts my heart at ease. Evidently this rep hasn't experienced it either. Shew!

A fellow PC consultant told me that. Her husband works for UPS. He said the tracking numbers are not supposed to be recycled and he thinks it's PC doing it. I freaked out the first time I saw it too. I live in Indiana and it said my package had been delivered to California a couple months before I even placed the order!! After a day or two when it got scanned again it showed the correct information.

Just curious....

how on earth would PC "recycle" the tracking #
I would assume tracking # are supplied by UPS once it's in their system!!

Teresa

You know, I don't know, that is just what she told me. It seemed correct since the numbers showed that it was already delivered months before. I worked at a large printing company for years. One night I was asked to help in the shipping department because they had a lot of people out sick. We did give the packages the tracking number ourselves, but it was done through some kind of a system we had. When I worked 3rd shift running the reports, I had to run reports and send them to Fed X, UPS and DHL so they would know what all we shipped each day. Maybe they just have a glitch in their system.

Wow... I got a call back from Donna at HO already.. who checked with a supervisor who confirmed that your info here correct! Should have come here first huh! :)

It has to be UPS, because I used to ship UPS at work and you can't physically assign a tracking number! It's done automatically based on your account # and number of shipments. Fedex definitely recycles tracking numbers... but UPS always told me they didn't. Weird!

I have had this happen to me as well... Kinda freaks you out doesn't it...

britishchef said:
It has to be UPS, because I used to ship UPS at work and you can't physically assign a tracking number! It's done automatically based on your account # and number of shipments.

Fedex definitely recycles tracking numbers... but UPS always told me they didn't. Weird!

PC has been recycling tracking numbers since I became a consultant 8 yrs ago. Probably since they ship such large quantities of boxes on a daily basis, they have the ability to recycle as opposed to smaller companies where UPS will assign numbers. The old dates have been freaking consultants out for MANY years :) I always recommend that you just wait a day and check it again.

I agree with Lisa; just wait until at least a day after it's shipped, then it should be right. This has happened to me several times. Once I had a delivery date 5 years earlier; took me by surprise at first, then checked the next day & it was ok.

I have had this happen as well! It definetly gets the nerves going, but everything ususally works itself out!

I don't mind it at all, but I hate that our customers see that. I get many customers that are confused and email me about the weird date (or more frequently, the weird delivery location) and I have to tell them to wait and check later. It is a little confusing for them!

I have only had thishappen one time when I first start back in April.

1. What do I do if the shipping status for my order shows as "delayed"?

If your order is showing as delayed, it is possible that there was an issue with the shipping carrier or the item is out of stock. We recommend reaching out to our customer service team for further assistance.

2. Can I change the shipping address for my order?

If your order has not shipped yet, you can contact our customer service team to request a change in the shipping address. However, if your order has already been shipped, we are unable to make any changes to the shipping address.

3. How can I track my order's shipping status?

You can track the shipping status of your order by logging into your Pampered Chef account and going to the "Order History" section. From there, you will be able to see the current shipping status of your order.

4. What does it mean if my order's shipping status is "delivered" but I haven't received it yet?

In some cases, the shipping carrier may mark an order as delivered before it has actually been delivered. If you have not received your order within a few days of it being marked as delivered, please reach out to our customer service team for assistance.

5. Can I cancel my order if the shipping status is already "shipped"?

If your order has already been shipped, it is not possible to cancel it. However, you can return the items once you receive them for a refund or exchange. If you wish to cancel an order that has not yet shipped, please contact our customer service team as soon as possible.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lisasfuncooking
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pattybrady
  • Jmioni
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • c00p