• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Haven't Had a Cooking Show Since March (Only Catalog Shows)! I

I found the recipe for the Mocha Skillet Cake on the website for the Season's Best collection. I just have to print it out. Thanks again!
chefannie
I haven't had a cooking show since March (only catalog shows)! I finally have a cooking show on Thursday night - YEH!!!!!! But in host coaching today (after several phone call host coachings) my host wants me to do a 12" skillet cake in the executive 12" pan. Maybe it is just nerves but I can't find the recipe for the 12" chocolate skillet cake. Does anyone have it or can point me to where I can find it? Thanks so much!:angel:

Here you go!

Attachments

• Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake.doc
    73 KB · Views: 467
Chef Becky thanks so much! But the one I was looking for was listed as the Mocha Skillet Cake in the f/w 2007 SB. I thought I had one left but I think I must have given them all away. Anyone have this recipe? Thanks.

It's on CC under the Season's Best area.

The Pampered Chef ®
Mocha Skillet Cake
Recipe

Cake

1/2 cup (1 stick) softened butter, divided (do not substitute margarine)
1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
4 eggs
2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
1 package (18.25 ounces) devil's food cake mix
1 package (3.8 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix

Ganache

1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1 package (12 ounces) white chocolate morsels
2 toffee bars (1.4 ounces each)
1/2 cup coffee liqueur or strong brewed coffee

Preheat oven to 350°F. For cake, evenly rub bottom and sides of (12-in.) Skillet with 1 tablespoon of the butter. In Stainless (6-qt.) Mixing Bowl, whisk together sour cream, eggs and instant coffee using Stainless Whisk (coffee granules may not completely dissolve).

Microwave remaining butter in Small Micro-Cooker®; on HIGH 30-60 seconds or until melted. Whisk butter into egg mixture until well blended. Add cake mix and pudding mix; mix well using Classic Scraper. Pour batter into Skillet, spreading evenly. Bake, uncovered, 33-35 minutes or until center feels firm to the touch.

Meanwhile, for ganache, combine instant coffee and cream in Prep Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 30-45 seconds or until hot; stir until dissolved. Place chocolate morsels into Classic Batter Bowl. Pour hot cream over chocolate. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 30-60 seconds or until melted and smooth, stirring after each 30-second interval; set aside.

Using Oven Mitts, carefully remove Skillet from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool 5 minutes. Meanwhile, chop toffee bars using Chef's Knife. Carefully invert cake onto Large Round Platter. Brush coffee liqueur over top and sides of cake. Spread ganache over top of cake using Large Spreader, allowing to drip down sides. (If ganache becomes too thick to spread, warm slightly in microwave on HIGH 15-30 seconds.) Sprinkle toffee along bottom edge of cake, pressing against sides.

Yield: 16 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 440, Total Fat 21 g, Saturated Fat 14 g, Cholesterol 85 mg, Carbohydrate 52 g, Protein 5 g, Sodium 490 mg, Fiber less than 1 g

Cook's Tip: When testing for doneness, do not use a wooden pick, because the pick will come out clean a few minutes before the cake is completely set in the center.

© The Pampered Chef, Ltd., 2001
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mocha Skillet CakeI made this for a friend's birthday (he is a coffee lover) and everyone raved about it. I have wondered why there isn't more "chatter" about this recipe.

LeslieSGI said:
I made this for a friend's birthday (he is a coffee lover) and everyone raved about it. I have wondered why there isn't more "chatter" about this recipe.

I have had it twice, and I love chocolate and coffee - and I didn't care for this.

I thought I was going to love it, and I really wanted to, but for me, this was one recipe that sounded better than it tasted. That's why the chatter is missing from me!:D

Now, the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake - that one I can chatter about!:thumbup:

Thanks!Thanks to everyone for their help!

Related to I Haven't Had a Cooking Show Since March (Only Catalog Shows)! I

1. How can I host a cooking show if I haven't had one since March?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, we understand that life can get busy and it's not always possible to host a traditional cooking show. That's why we offer catalog shows! You can still earn host rewards by simply sharing catalogs with friends and family and collecting their orders.

2. Do I have to cook anything for a catalog show?

No, you do not have to cook anything for a catalog show. With catalog shows, your guests can browse through our latest products and place their orders directly with you. You can then submit the orders and earn your host rewards.

3. Can I still earn host rewards for a catalog show?

Absolutely! You can earn host rewards for catalog shows just like you would for a traditional cooking show. The more orders you collect, the higher your rewards will be. Plus, with our generous host rewards program, you can earn free products and discounts on your own purchases.

4. How do I get started with hosting a catalog show?

It's simple! Just reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant and let them know you would like to host a catalog show. They will provide you with catalogs and order forms, as well as help you set up your online show link. Then, all you have to do is share the catalogs and collect orders.

5. Can I still have a virtual cooking show if I haven't had one since March?

Yes, you can! Virtual cooking shows are a great option for those who are unable to host traditional cooking shows. You can set up a video call with your consultant and have a virtual cooking show with your friends and family. You can also earn host rewards for virtual shows, just like you would for catalog shows.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefdiana2007
  • purpampchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
toneybug