• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Have Read Some Information Regarding the Lapboards and the

In summary, the conversation is about using binders as an alternative to expensive lapboards. Some suggestions for decorating and personalizing the binders are using decorative tape, fabric, or inspirational sayings. Others have also shared their experiences using clipboards or folders instead. The conversation also includes a discussion on attending meetings and the directors involved.
Humble Beginnings
I have read some information regarding the lapboards and the consensious (sp??) seems to be that they are expensive. However, many of you came up with a creative way of getting around this by using binders. Well, I would like to do the same since I'm justing starting out and want to keep cost to a min. My office was cleaning house and I was able to get 5 large red binders for FREE!

My question is what does everyone do with to cover up the edge of the cut up binder? I thought of maybe some decorative tape or fabric just not sure. Wanted to see what others have done to make these look nice. My other thought was decopaging some inspirational sayings either on the back of front but don't know if that would be a little too much. Please let me know.

Thanks

When I made my lapboards, I just trimmed the edges and corners so that they were not sharp. I think some people have uses an emery board to smooth them out.

I used binders that had the clear front and back pockets so that I could put flyers in them. Not sure how decopauging (eek...that doesn't look right) will work on the vinyl. I'd try one and then after it dries hand it to a child to play with for a while. If it survives that...it will survive toting back and forth to shows :D

I just trimmed the corners too and they weren't sharp. I tried to round them as I cut them.

Hi Carol! Welcome to CS!! I'm in Geneva, so we're not too far from each other. I drive through Algonquin A LOT to shows. Who is your director and where do you attend meetings?

Humble Beginnings said:
I have read some information regarding the lapboards and the consensious (sp??) seems to be that they are expensive. However, many of you came up with a creative way of getting around this by using binders. Well, I would like to do the same since I'm justing starting out and want to keep cost to a min. My office was cleaning house and I was able to get 5 large red binders for FREE!

My question is what does everyone do with to cover up the edge of the cut up binder? I thought of maybe some decorative tape or fabric just not sure. Wanted to see what others have done to make these look nice. My other thought was decopaging some inspirational sayings either on the back of front but don't know if that would be a little too much. Please let me know.

Thanks

I found clipboards at the dollar store and I use those. A nice cheap alternative if you don't get binders for free. :)

I used to use clipboards but got tired of lugging them around plus the paperwork. I switched to folders but they got messed up too easily. So now I use the binder lapboard. I cut the edges of the binders so they aren't sharp. I also use the ones w/clear pocket. I put a flyer in the pocket depending on what I am trying to accomplish (discontinuing products, gift sets, recruit info, etc). I put an order form, wish list, catalog, guest care card, & your life your way brochure in pocket. Then all I have to do is have everyone take a lapboard. I replenish when I repack my bag. I really like doing it this way. I have a logo sticker on inside pocket & one that say "I love referrals". Some have an apron sticker that says "help wanted" & others have a sticker mentioning gift certificates.

I find that dou-tangs that are 6 for a buck work out great. Some clear inserts and off to the races...

pamperedbecky said:
I just trimmed the corners too and they weren't sharp. I tried to round them as I cut them.

Hi Carol! Welcome to Chef Success!! I'm in Geneva, so we're not too far from each other. I drive through Algonquin A LOT to shows. Who is your director and where do you attend meetings?

Thank you.

Hi Becky,

My director is Christine I went on HO sites and they referred me to her. She's very nice, however she is out in Batvia. That is where we have our cluster meetings. I dont' know on HO determined this I can't see there isn't a director closer in Algonquin. Maybe I will change that :)

pamperedbecky said:

Hi Carol! Welcome to Chef Success!! I'm in Geneva, so we're not too far from each other. I drive through Algonquin A LOT to shows. Who is your director and where do you attend meetings?

I just noticed you are a director. Geneva is closer than Batavia. How does HO determine where leads go? Are you put on a rotation of some sort?

Yes. Directors must hit a sales minimum to go into the lead system, and eligible directors go into a queue. Each lead goes to the director at the front of the queue, who then goes down to the bottom.

I use both folders and lapboards. I usually use folders for shows but this weekend I am hosting a Grill Party with another consultant (my recruit) and she uses lapboards. Hers are white binders cut apart and mine are Red, Black, and Blue cut apart. I bought page protectors (reusable) and double stick tape and presto my lapboards have the clean covers too. :)

I had the binders (still have a ton more!) so I may switch over but we'll see.

1. What are lapboards and how are they used?

Lapboards are versatile kitchen tools that can be used for a variety of tasks, such as cutting, chopping, and serving food. They are made of durable materials such as bamboo or plastic and feature a flat surface with a handle for easy carrying. To use a lapboard, simply place it on your lap or a flat surface and begin prepping or serving your food.

2. Are lapboards safe to use with sharp knives?

Yes, our lapboards are designed to be safe to use with sharp knives. The materials used are durable and can withstand the pressure of cutting and chopping without damaging the surface. However, we always recommend using caution and proper cutting techniques when using sharp knives on any surface.

3. Can lapboards be cleaned in the dishwasher?

Yes, most of our lapboards are dishwasher safe. However, we recommend checking the specific product instructions before placing it in the dishwasher. Some lapboards may need to be hand washed to maintain their quality and durability.

4. What is the best way to store lapboards?

Lapboards can be stored in a variety of ways depending on your kitchen space. They can be hung on a wall using hooks, placed in a cabinet or drawer, or even stored upright in a utensil holder. We recommend finding a storage method that works best for your kitchen and keeps your lapboards easily accessible.

5. Can lapboards be used as serving trays?

Yes, lapboards can be used as serving trays for a variety of foods. They are perfect for serving cheese and crackers, fruits, or even sandwiches. They can also be used as a platter for appetizers or as a makeshift cutting board for small items. However, we recommend thoroughly cleaning the lapboard before and after using it as a serving tray.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • BeachBabyMom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • wadesgirl