• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Make Your Own Lapboards with Wal-Mart's $2.88 3-Ring Binders!

In summary, to make your own lapboards with Wal-Mart's $2.88 3-ring binders, you will need to remove the metal rings and any other materials from inside the binder and cover the front and back with clear contact paper or laminating sheets. Any size of sturdy 3-ring binders can be used, but the most commonly used size is 8.5" x 11". You can customize your lapboards with different designs or colors using decorative materials, but make sure to cover the entire surface with a clear layer for protection and easy cleaning. The materials needed to make your own lapboards include 3-ring binders, clear contact paper or laminating sheets, scissors, and any decorative materials. To clean
amy07
For those of you who make (or want to make) your own lapboards, Wal-Mart has their 3-ring binders for $2.88 white or black, and $2.97 for PINK binders. I thought those would be awesome for shows when you are trying to book HWC shows! They also have the clear pocket on the front (full size). I snagged a bunch - mine were starting to get a little grungy looking.

oh, they have other colors too - navy and a teal at my store

Great idea!!!! I love it. Our director is doing a deal when you host two shows a month, she gives you two of the lapboards at the next cluster meeting. Your idea will give me something to work with until I earn enough for my shows.

.I've also seen people use 2" or 3" 3 ring binders and cut the "spine" off and use it as a lapboard. I think they even have some at the dollar store now. You can add a magnetic clip to hold your booking info and if you don't want to see the rings just put a white piece of paper over it.

1. How do I make my own lapboards with Wal-Mart's $2.88 3-Ring Binders?

To make your own lapboards, you will need to purchase 3-ring binders from Wal-Mart that cost $2.88 each. Then, remove the metal rings and any other materials from inside the binder. Finally, cover the front and back of the binder with clear contact paper or laminating sheets. This will create a smooth surface for writing on and make your lapboard durable.

2. What size of 3-ring binders should I use to make lapboards?

You can use any size of 3-ring binders to make lapboards, as long as they are sturdy and have a flat surface for writing on. However, the most commonly used size is 8.5" x 11", which is the standard size for letter-sized paper. This size is also convenient for storing and carrying your lapboard.

3. Can I customize my lapboards with different designs or colors?

Yes, you can definitely customize your lapboards with different designs or colors. You can use decorative contact paper, patterned duct tape, or even paint to add a personal touch to your lapboards. Just make sure to cover the entire surface with a clear layer of contact paper or laminating sheets to protect the design and make your lapboard easy to clean.

4. What materials do I need to make my own lapboards?

To make your own lapboards, you will need 3-ring binders, clear contact paper or laminating sheets, scissors, and any decorative materials you want to use. You can also use a hole puncher to create a hole for hanging or attaching a marker to your lapboard.

5. How do I clean my lapboards?

To clean your lapboards, simply wipe them with a damp cloth or use a disinfectant spray and paper towel. If there are stubborn marks or stains, you can also use a magic eraser or rubbing alcohol. Avoid using harsh cleaning products or scrubbing too hard, as it may damage the surface of your lapboard.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
mrssyvo
  • nicki25
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
tlag1986
  • Jessamary