• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

DIY Lapboards from 3 Ring Binders: A How-To Guide

In summary, to create a DIY lapboard from a 3 ring binder, you will need a 3 ring binder, scissors, a ruler, a permanent marker, and a cutting mat. Any standard 3 ring binder will work for this project, but it is recommended to use a durable binder with a thick cover. There are many ways to customize your DIY lapboard, such as using decorative paper or fabric, stickers, or a laminator. You can use a smaller or larger binder for your lapboard, but remember to adjust the measurements accordingly. A DIY lapboard can be used as a portable writing surface, drawing board, mini whiteboard, or lap desk for laptops or tablets, and can also make a fun and creative gift
nicki25
Silver Member
Can anyone tell me how to make lapboards out of 3 ring binders?? Do you just cut the back & the front off??

Re: LapboardsYes using something to cut and be careful not to cut through the seal of the binder. Basically you just cut the three ring part out. If you have gotten any of the large stickers from Merrill you can use them on the binder to make them look very professional.

Re: LapboardsYes, I did this when school supplies went on sale, I got 10 binders and was able to make 20 lapboards! MAKE SURE they all have the pockets on them that you put your catalog and order form in though, I grabbed a few that didn't have pockets so I just use them when I NEED them and place the catalog and form on it.

Re: LapboardsDo these hold up pretty well?

Re: LapboardsSo far so good for me, I've used them since mid Aug and no problems yet...they are durable!

Re: LapboardsOne more tip. You need binders with the ring attached to the spine not with the ring attached to the back (or front) cover. That's a newer trend and it will leave you with only one board per binder.

Re: LapboardsI just got back from Walmart and got some binders. It took forever to find ones with the ring attached to the spine. Anyway, I got them and I am going to make 12 lapboards for my show tomorrow. I also got the Cricut cartridge with Mickey and friends, so I am going to cut some mickeys and attach them to my lapboards to remind me about my goal for 2009.

Re: LapboardsGood job Nicki.

Related to DIY Lapboards from 3 Ring Binders: A How-To Guide

1. How do I create a DIY lapboard from a 3 ring binder?

To create a DIY lapboard from a 3 ring binder, you will need a 3 ring binder, scissors, a ruler, a permanent marker, and a cutting mat. Start by removing the front and back covers of the binder and the spine. Then, measure and mark the desired size of your lapboard on the inside of the front cover. Cut along the marked lines using scissors or a utility knife. Finally, reattach the spine and you have your DIY lapboard!

2. What type of binder works best for this project?

Any standard 3 ring binder will work for this project. However, it is recommended to use a durable binder with a thick cover to ensure a sturdy lapboard.

3. How can I customize my DIY lapboard?

There are many ways to customize your DIY lapboard. You can use decorative paper or fabric to cover the front and back covers, or add stickers and other embellishments. You can also use a laminator to protect your lapboard and create a smooth writing surface.

4. Can I use a smaller or larger binder for my lapboard?

Yes, you can use a smaller or larger binder for your lapboard. Keep in mind that the size of your lapboard will depend on the size of your binder. You may need to adjust the measurements and cutting lines accordingly.

5. What are some uses for a DIY lapboard?

A DIY lapboard can be used for a variety of purposes, such as a portable writing surface, a drawing board, a mini whiteboard for brainstorming, or as a lap desk for laptops or tablets. It can also be a fun and creative gift for kids or a useful tool for adults on the go.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dwyerkim
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • amy07
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • vwpamperedchef