• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Bought Lapboards at the Beginning of This Season. I Bought 12

3-ring binders (cheap ones)...and cut off the rings. I find the ones with the clear sleeve on the front and back.I like this solution because it's easy to see what's inside and the rings can be easily replaced when they wear out.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I bought lapboards at the beginning of this season. I bought 12 because those little puppies are a little expensive and my shows are usually 8-10 people. My host for Saturday has 12 confirmed with possibly 5 more coming. Will it be tacky to have some lapboards and some not? Or should I just do all regular catalogs since I also have an evening show and can just keep the lapboards packed for that show.

Re: LapboardsWhat are the lapboards for?/n00b

Re: Lapboards
WonderMonkey said:
What are the lapboards for?

/n00b

I use them to hold all the guest information at my shows. They are a thick, sturdy "board" with pockets on them.

Re: LapboardsI just bought some $1 clip boards that are a flexable material not like the hard boards, and they are light weight. I got them at the Dollar Tree.

Re: LapboardsI get the 3-ring binders (cheap ones) and cut off the rings. I find the ones with the clear sleeve on the front and back.

pkd09 said:
I get the 3-ring binders (cheap ones) and cut off the rings. I find the ones with the clear sleeve on the front and back.

I tried that before I got the lapboards but I couldn't get them to look pretty enough for myself (I can be a little OCD!). I just need a temporary solution until I can get some more sometime this winter.

Re: LapboardsI wouldn't worry about it. You have what you have!! Some will get a catalogue with the lapboard...I've done that before, and don't think it's a problem. That's my 2 cents! :)

Re: LapboardsI have 12 flat clipboards.. and my shows average 10 people.. but I've had a couple of shows with over 20... I don't think it matters how many you have, there will come a time where you don't have enough.. :)
count your blessings when you run into that problem :)

colegrovet said:
I have 12 flat clipboards.. and my shows average 10 people.. but I've had a couple of shows with over 20... I don't think it matters how many you have, there will come a time where you don't have enough.. :)
count your blessings when you run into that problem :)

That was my thought! I'll just make up guest folders for the rest and it will be first come, first serve for the good lapboards!

Re: LapboardsI have 12 and I rarely run into where i need more what I have is some of those folders with catalog and order forms and all the things I put in the lapboard's and I just play them up if anyone gets those they are special ones for the night and i never get complaints about them at all I would be lost for sure without my lapboards i love them so much.

wadesgirl said:
That was my thought! I'll just make up guest folders for the rest and it will be first come, first serve for the good lapboards!

Yep I do first come, first serve. Everyone else just gets a folder with the catalog and all my flyers and information. It's not tacky, they are expensive and 12 is a great number to have.

What a great problem to have! Good job host coaching! :thumbup:

Debbie :D

Re: LapboardsThey're also heavy. I wouldn't worry about having "only" 12. At least until your shows consistently have more people than that. :) The guests will understand why there aren't enough for everyone. And you can pass the boards out to the guests who seem to need them the most first. Obviously, someone who is sitting at a table doesn't need one, since they can put their order form down on the table. And way to go, having more people than 12! Woo-hoo!

chefann said:
They're also heavy. I wouldn't worry about having "only" 12. At least until your shows consistently have more people than that. :) The guests will understand why there aren't enough for everyone. And you can pass the boards out to the guests who seem to need them the most first. Obviously, someone who is sitting at a table doesn't need one, since they can put their order form down on the table.

And way to go, having more people than 12! Woo-hoo!

I know I was shocked that my aunt was having that many people. We are trading parties. My jewelry party is in the morning, her PC party in the afternoon. Hopefully it will be a very successful day, I have another show that evening too!

I just need to make some folders tonight.

Re: LapboardsEvery time I look at this thread, I see "Lapdances."

pkd09 said:
I get the 3-ring binders (cheap ones) and cut off the rings. I find the ones with the clear sleeve on the front and back.

That is what I did for mine. I can put recruit specials (or whatever) in sleeve. Then the catalog, order form, recipe card in pocket. I added PC logo sticker to center of pocket with "I love referrals" & "gift certificates available" stickers. Works great for me.

stacywhitlow said:
That is what I did for mine. I can put recruit specials (or whatever) in sleeve. Then the catalog, order form, recipe card in pocket. I added PC logo sticker to center of pocket with "I love referrals" & "gift certificates available" stickers. Works great for me.

Those are great ideas! Never thought of "dressing up" my lapboards. I like the idea of adding the recipe card to them too.

PChefPEI said:
Those are great ideas! Never thought of "dressing up" my lapboards. I like the idea of adding the recipe card to them too.

Now I'm going to have to take one and dress it up as a lapdancer.

What size are the lapboards?

The lapboards sold by Pampered Chef are 12 inches by 9 inches, providing ample room for meal prep and serving.

Do the lapboards have a non-slip surface?

Yes, the lapboards are designed with a non-slip surface to prevent food and dishes from sliding around while in use.

Are the lapboards dishwasher safe?

Yes, the lapboards are made from durable, dishwasher safe material for easy cleaning after use.

Can the lapboards be used for hot dishes?

Yes, the lapboards can withstand heat up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, making them suitable for use with hot dishes and pans.

Are the lapboards sold individually or in a set?

The lapboards are typically sold in sets of 2 or 4, but can also be purchased individually if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Poll
  • PampMomof3
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ButterflyVioletta
Replies
Views
sailorsarah
  • AJPratt
  • Pampered Chef Sales