• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Respond When Wedding Registry Gifts Go Unpurchased

In summary, the conversation is about a registry consultant who emailed a registry gal they met at an expo. The registry gal created a registry with only $350 on it and prefers to communicate through email rather than phone calls. The wedding is on 7-11-09 and the last time they spoke, the registry gal's second shower was coming up. However, there have been no sales so far. The consultant reaches out to ask about the shower and offer some reminders about the registry, including a special pink product that supports the American Cancer Society and the opportunity to earn Registry Rewards. The consultant also suggests trying to meet in person to reignite the registry gal's enthusiasm for Pampered Chef.
lovecookn
Gold Member
I e-mailed a registry gal who I met at an expo and she on her own created a registry w/ barely $350 on it. I have chatted on the phone just a few times, but she never wants to talk for long and prefers e-mail. So I hadn't touched base with her in a few weeks...wedding is 7-11-09...last we spoke her 2nd shower was a few days away. No sales as of now.

I would love to hear how you would respond to this:
(My e-mail is below and her response is on top) (where did I go wrong:confused:)

A lot of my family viewed registry and then bought me similar items at Crate & Barrel.

Hi Pamela,

How are you doing? I know planning a wedding can be very stressful! How did your shower go? Just wanted to touch base with few reminders. Let me know if I can answer any questions for you, or help in any way!

1. The special pink products will only be available for 3 more days...order before the end of the month to help support the American Cancer Society. If you order one of each through me via phone or e-mail, you get a Season's Best cookbook free with your order!

2. You can send e-mails to your friends and family when you log in to your registry through my website. The e-mail will provide a direct link and easy directions so they can access your registry to shop for your wedding!

3. After purchases are made on your registry you will start earning Registry Rewards. You'll have 3 months after your wedding to redeem the reward and you'll also want to view each months specials so you can decide the best month to redeem in.

Have a Great Day!!!

I'm guessing she wasn't excited enough about Pampered Chef to ask for it specifically. Did she have any past experience with PC?

I'm not sure what I would write back to her.

Try to go get some face time. Either get together for coffee, or offer to stop by with a recipe and show her (DCB / Collabsible June special) to get her excited. If her fire has gone out, it is your job to rekindle it! If she doesn't realize PC is HOT-T-hot, it's your job to help her know...

I wish they had a host coaching class at conference for registries. I've had at least 40 registries and only one had sales over $150. They didn't even want the host special.

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I apologize for not responding sooner, things have been hectic with wedding planning. My shower went well, but unfortunately, I haven't had any sales on my registry yet. I think a lot of my family members ended up buying me similar items at Crate & Barrel. I'm not sure where I went wrong with my registry, but I appreciate your reminders and tips. I will definitely keep them in mind and try to spread the word to my friends and family. Thanks again for all your help!

Sincerely,
Pamela

Hi Pamela,

I'm so glad to hear that your shower went well! Don't worry about not having any sales on your registry yet. Sometimes, guests like to purchase gifts in person rather than online. I would suggest mentioning your registry to anyone who asks about gift ideas or offering to send them the direct link through the e-mail feature on my website. Also, don't forget about the special pink products that are only available for a few more days. They make great gifts and a portion of the proceeds goes towards the American Cancer Society. As for the Registry Rewards, just keep an eye on the monthly specials and decide when would be the best time to redeem them. Don't stress too much about the registry, the most important thing is that you have a wonderful wedding day! Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can do to help. Thanks for choosing Pampered Chef for your registry!

Best,

1. How should I react if my wedding registry gifts go unpurchased?

It's natural to feel disappointed or even upset if some of your registry gifts go unpurchased. However, it's important to remember that your guests are not obligated to buy you gifts and their attendance and well wishes are more important. Focus on the joy of your special day and the love and support of your loved ones.

2. What should I do if I receive duplicate gifts or gifts I don't want?

If you receive duplicate gifts or gifts that you don't want or need, you can always return them to the store where they were purchased. Some stores may offer store credit or allow you to exchange the item for something else on your registry. Don't be afraid to politely ask your guests for a gift receipt, in case you need to make a return.

3. Is it appropriate to mention my registry in the wedding invitations?

It is not considered proper etiquette to include your registry information in the wedding invitations. Instead, you can share your registry information through word of mouth, on your wedding website, or by including a separate registry card in your bridal shower invitations.

4. Should I send thank you notes for unpurchased registry gifts?

It is not necessary to send thank you notes for unpurchased registry gifts. However, if the gift giver attended your wedding, it would still be thoughtful to send them a thank you note for their presence and well wishes on your special day.

5. Can I add more items to my registry after sending out invitations?

Yes, you can add or update items on your registry even after sending out your invitations. Just make sure to regularly check and update your registry so your guests have a variety of options to choose from. It's also a good idea to let your guests know about any updates so they can plan accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• yankfan24
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
TJMagoo
  • TJMagoo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefJen2012
  • darlinclem