• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How the Heck Do You Use These Things?! They Were in the Sample Package

I just watched my Spring into Success DVD and they had some great ideas and use and care tips for the stencils on there.
jrstephens
How the heck do you use these things?! They were in the Sample Package I ordered and i have NO CLUE about them. Does not look like anything I will eve use. I need some tips ladies!

Does anyone want to buy them?

They make great plate art. Put them on Simple Additions plates and brush corn syrup over them filling the open areas completely. Lift straight up and pour colored sugar over the corn syrup to make a pretty design.

cmdtrgd said:
They make great plate art. Put them on Simple Additions plates and brush corn syrup over them filling the open areas completely. Lift straight up and pour colored sugar over the corn syrup to make a pretty design.

That is how they did it with cinnamon in the mini catalog - love it!!!

You can also lay the stencil over a cake (plain or with frosting) and sprinkle powdered sugar, colored sugar, sprinkles, cocoa, etc.

Here's my question...it says on the use and care card to let the frosting on the cake set up first, so it is hard, so that the stencil will not stick to the frosting, but if the frosting is hard how will the powdered sugar or cocoa stick??

SO, I ice my cake as I normally would then lay the stencil over it and sprinkle to get the design to show up? This is using just regular icing out of the can. How does it not pull the icing up when I lift the stencils?

I think we will sell a BAZILLION OF THESE BABIES....LOL

Positive Thinking Showing Thru.....

I've still never taken the old ones out of their folder yet, and now I have a new set......

My mom owns a Dairy Queen and my sister runs it. Anyway, she borrowed them from me to put on ice cream cakes. I can't wait to see it. Maybe I will make my own ice cream cake to use them with.

nicki25 said:
My mom owns a Dairy Queen and my sister runs it. Anyway, she borrowed them from me to put on ice cream cakes. I can't wait to see it. Maybe I will make my own ice cream cake to use them with.

Ice cream sandwich torte.... that is, if you can't share the ooey gooey fudge that is in the center of a DQ ice cream cake!!

Tip #1: Fold the little tabs on the side up so you can grip them to pull your stencil straight up.

Tip #2: Lay your stencil on the frosting gently. It shouldn't stick too bad, even if it's just been frosted. The material it's made from doesn't stick badly.

:eek: I guess I am going to have to get my cake pans out of the box and the stencils out of the box and bake a D@RN cake!!!:D

If you're more of a cornbread kind of gal, you can do the same thing with chili powder.

The hearts would be cute for a Valentine's cake!!

I want to try the small hearts to make cupcakes for my class Valentine's Day party! I'm a little skeptical about them but we'll see!!

i used mine to decorte the lemon torte I made. They stuck but it was a filling not icing so I can understand that. I really liked them.

you could spray the underside of the stencil with your Kitchen Spritzer (one of our best products, if I do say so) and then maybe it wouldn't stick to the frosting...I don't know...I'm not a huge fan of these, either

I am hoping to use these stencils tonight for a valentine's day cake for my daughter - I am also concerned about the stencils sticking to the icing - also wondering which side is the up side (one side is duller than the other). Any suggestions?

At the training we had Feb 3rd, there was a lady that used these to make cards and scrapbooking pages. She had them all displayed on a tri-fold foam board. Very good idea to pass on as extra uses for these!

I just watched my Spring into Success DVD and they had some great ideas and use and care tips for the stencils on there.

1. How do I use the garlic press?

To use the garlic press, first peel the garlic cloves and place one or two cloves into the chamber of the press. Squeeze the handles together firmly to crush the garlic and push it through the small holes. Be sure to clean the press thoroughly after each use.

2. What is the correct way to use the citrus reamer?

To use the citrus reamer, cut a lemon, lime, or other citrus fruit in half and place it on the pointed end of the reamer. Twist and press the fruit down onto the reamer, extracting the juice into a bowl or glass below. The reamer can also be used to extract juice from other fruits such as pomegranates or grapefruits.

3. How do I use the avocado peeler?

The avocado peeler has a sharp edge that can be used to cut through the skin of an avocado. Simply slice through the skin lengthwise and around the entire avocado, then twist the two halves apart. The peeler also has a scoop on the end for removing the pit or scooping out the avocado flesh.

4. What is the correct way to use the cheese grater?

To use the cheese grater, hold the handle firmly and press the cheese against the sharp grating surface. Move the cheese up and down or back and forth to create shreds or chunks of cheese. Be sure to use caution when grating to avoid any accidents.

5. How do I use the herb mill?

The herb mill is used to finely chop herbs such as parsley, cilantro, or basil. Simply place the herbs into the chamber of the mill and twist the top to grind and chop the herbs. The ground herbs will be collected in the bottom of the mill for easy use in recipes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Brenda.the.chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • slapsappyhappy
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • mommyhugz1978