• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Best Sample Package for Newbies?

The triangular grater is also a great addition to have - it's small and can fit in a lot of places. The chip and dip is something that can be used for multiple purposes - it can be used as a dip, a side dish, or a snack. The wasabi sauce is something that can be used as a dipping sauce or as a condiment for food. I would say that the best deal is to buy the open stock items and save the individual purchase of the tools for later.
slapsappyhappy
Silver Member
Hello,

I just started in December, and I am looking at the new sample packages but I do not know which one to order... a lot of the people on here got the sell a thon items but I was not around for that so I am trying to figure out what is the best and most useful. I have limited space at home so I want to get what I can use at home as well as used for cooking shows.

Package A has a lot of things but I do not know if that is all necessary (to get the garlic peeler, slicer, and press), 3 garlic tools, I dont even know which to use at what time! the mini baker, square pan, small sheet pan none of which I would use b/c I prefer the stoneware, but could be used at shows bamboo products wish it was the large tray 29 Minutes to Dinner 2, steamer, collapsible serving bowl and strainer, chip and dip, saute tongs, and an array of sauces/seasonings. it would be good to showcase the new products, but a lot of these items would probably not be very useful at home and take up a lot of space

Package B is just the mini baker, tray and sauce, not too appealing...the mini baker does not seem very useful for shows or at home, correct me if I am wrong- but what is it used for?

Package C is the square pan, medium platter, garlic press and seasoning. If it was the large platter I would want this package but it doesn't seem like the best kit enhancement choice.

Package D is the small sheet pan, bamboo snack bowls, large bamboo bowl, garlic peeler, collapsible 2qt bowl, and the saute tongs. I already have the med. bamboo bowl, I would need to get the cracker tray to put the bowls on, I prefer the stoneware small pan to the small sheet pan.

Package E is the strainer, crinkle cutter, garlic slicer, kernel cutter, grinder stand, stainless steamer, and dipping sauce. The garlic slicer, kernel cutter, stand and sauce can be used at shows, but the crinkle cutter and stainless steamer would prob not be used at a show.

Package F is 29 Minutes to Dinner 2, the chip and dip, and wasabi sauce. I really want the cookbook, but have no use/space for the chip and dip and the wasabi sauce is not something I would use. It is cheaper to just buy the cookbook itself.

I know this is long but I am trying to figure out if I should get one of these packages with my PC dollars or just save them til kit enhancement and get the few items that I really want. It seems like a really good deal to get these packages, but is it a good deal if you are not going to use everything? what do you think?

slapsappyhappy said:
It seems like a really good deal to get these packages, but is it a good deal if you are not going to use everything? what do you think?

I agree, they are a good deal, but only if you are going to use the majority of the items in each package.

The open stock is a great option for those items, if you want one of them, since you can choose them individually. For instance the Bamboo Platter(JM94) is only 19.50.

I really think the collapsible bowl will be worth having to take to shows... (JM95)...

Hope that helps!

Can't really help you - because almost everything you don't want or can't imagine using, I'm already using in my kitchen all of the time!And the mini baker is something I use all of the time at shows. I use it for dips at home and at shows, and I also use it for side dishes at home.Some of the dips I do in it on a regular basis:Touchdown Taco Dip
Hot Pizza Dip
Spinach-Artichoke Dip
Brown Sugar-Dijon Brie

If you are that undecided, I think if I was you, I would wait until KEM.

Well I say it depends on how well your business is going. You do not want to spend a lot on products if you aren't going to make the money back. Any of the tools you would use - and yes, all of the garlic items. Most of the tools will fit in your tool turn about anyway, so you aren't talking about a lot of space. These are the things most people want to see anyway - trust me.

The mini baker is great to take along to show a piece of stoneware for the color plus it doesn't take up a lot of room and isn't as heavy as the bigger pieces. I usually take it to pass around so people can feel it and really look at it close. I usually take the mini baker of the opposite color if I'm using a larger piece so they can see both. I pass all of my stuff around - it helps sell.

I agree you probably don't need pkg. C. You can always use the old garlic press and just explain the new one just holds the tool in a more convenient place.

I like that we have the small sheet pan now. I can take it along so people know the quality of them, but it doesn't take up much space and it's not heavy:)!

Wait and buy the cookbook on your kit enhancement month. The new catalog shows some of the recipes in it anyway - I love how they did that this time!

Just remember when you get things you won't use yourself you can use them for incentives. You can give them away w/a drawing at a booth. You can offer them to a host for getting a certain amount in sales. You can also use them for give aways if you have an open house at the end of the year. And who doesn't want PC products for a wedding shower!

I hope I've been helpful. Good luck making a decision.

I find it is easier to sell if you believe in the product. People see it in your face how great the tool is that you are using. You should have all of them if you wat to sell them..The few that you wouldn't use, you could exchange when customers order. Let's say Mary wants the small baker and you fon't want it...tell her you have one for her at $30 lets say so you can order items that you want of your choise that will be of equal value that the baker she wants. Only problem it would have to be someone who does not live very far so you can do the exchange when it arrives. Thare you are getting $30 worth of product that you only paid half price for... think about it.... You are a new consultant fill your bag!!! If you host your own sow you will be able to show all the products and the ones you don't want, you could sell taxe free but you would stil be making 50% on them.....

I have the small sheet pan (just got it) and use it to show the quality of the sheet pans. Everyone who holds it is immediately amazed by the quality and says, "wow!". I sold one sheet pan in 2008. I have sold four in the past three days!
The square pan is just as fantastic. It's a true 8x8 pan. Not 7.5. Not 8.25. It's 8x8. I have given it a workout this week with brownies, apple cake, and lemon bars and it hasn't given me any uneven browning. I love my stones, but I love this pan too. My director gave it to me to try out for a month. She may never see it again.
The ginger-wasabi sauce is simply fantastic in a stir fry. The Pineapple Rum sauce is great just poured over a block of cream cheese as an appetizer for a party with crackers (It will demo itself). The cookbook is a must, especially if you love Volume 1. Terrific tofu recipe on page 109.

Chef Gilles said:
I find it is easier to sell if you believe in the product. People see it in your face how great the tool is that you are using. You should have all of them if you wat to sell them..The few that you wouldn't use, you could exchange when customers order. Let's say Mary wants the small baker and you fon't want it...tell her you have one for her at $30 lets say so you can order items that you want of your choise that will be of equal value that the baker she wants. Only problem it would have to be someone who does not live very far so you can do the exchange when it arrives. Thare you are getting $30 worth of product that you only paid half price for... think about it.... You are a new consultant fill your bag!!! If you host your own sow you will be able to show all the products and the ones you don't want, you could sell taxe free but you would stil be making 50% on them.....

We can NOT do this. The warranty does not transfer, for one thing. And it's just not right! Switching out products would cause a receipt nightmare and is against policy.

If you don't want something you earn or get at a discount, give it to someone as a gift (you have to buy your mom, sister, etc. gifts anyway) or use it as an incentive. Or sell it outright. That is allowed as long as the price is not more than it costs, they are aware the warranty isn't valid and you don't do it online. But if you are selling current products you are cutting into your sales totals.

To answer the original poster:

Think about the products, their uses, how you would use them, what value they would have to show. Talk to your director and those who live with you. Do you want/need any of them? You have until the end of March to decide. If you want several in a package, do the math and think about what you might do with something you don't really want. If it works for you get that package. If not, then order what you want in April for 40% off. Also, look ahead at upcoming host specials - if you host a show in April you can get that large bamboo tray for 60% off (I have them both and I prefer the medium one, btw).

What is included in the Best Sample Package for Newbies?

The Best Sample Package for Newbies includes a variety of our top-selling products, including our Quick Cooker, Mix 'N Scraper, and Classic Batter Bowl. It also includes our popular Garlic Press and Mini Measure-All Cup.

How much does the Best Sample Package for Newbies cost?

The Best Sample Package for Newbies is priced at $140, but is currently on sale for $99. This package offers a significant savings compared to purchasing each item individually.

Can I customize the Best Sample Package for Newbies?

Unfortunately, the Best Sample Package for Newbies cannot be customized. However, we do offer a variety of other starter packages that may better suit your needs.

Is there a warranty included with the Best Sample Package for Newbies?

Yes, all of the products included in the Best Sample Package for Newbies come with our standard warranty. If you encounter any issues with your products, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

Can I return the Best Sample Package for Newbies if I am not satisfied?

Yes, we offer a satisfaction guarantee on all of our products, including those in the Best Sample Package for Newbies. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you may return it for a full refund within 30 days of purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies