• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which Samples Are You Ordering?

In summary, you are waiting to find out if you qualify for the $3000 level for July. You will be ordering the Level 4 products from June, except for the carving set - you don't want that.
chefann
Gold Member
Now that the Sell-a-Thon list is up (on CC), and there's a list floating around of what's in the sample packages, what are you ordering?

As tempting as is is to get all of the new and restyled things, I really shouldn't spend the money. So I took a look at the list, and made my list of things I will use myself and/or customers will want to see in person.

I earned:
June Submit-2 (3" petite paring knife and restyled pizza cutter)
June Level 1 (Package B, plus striped towel set, Cran. skinny scraper, Boning knife)
July Submit-2 (SS 8" Saute Pan)

I'm purchasing:
Package E
Package F (love those sprinkles!)
Appetizer plates and Caddy
Gravy Separator
Oval platter w/cran accents
Rectangular platter w/cran accents

It's still $137.50 for samples. Yikes! There are some other little things I'd like to have, but don't necessarily want all the items in the applicable packages. So I'll wait, and add them to shows as I have the spare bucks.

Remember you only have until September 30 to order the F/W samples.

You will love the appetizer plates and caddy. It comes with 12 plates and I also got (director package) the set of 4 cranberry app plates. I stacked them 2 white, one cranberry, 2 white, etc. and ended with 2 white (the caddy will hold 14 plates) - it looks sooooo cute! I plan to take them to every show including August (with a note saying "available Sept. 1") and they already have a home on the counter for snacks. DH and DS love them too!

I predict that the November host special will be the Oval Platter and the Carving Set and that the December special will be the Appetizer Plates & Caddy (and I haven't thought of the other) so I am taking my chances and not ordering a second AP&C at half off (my DH will be complaining that I take it and when I have a party it wouldn't hurt to have 2). Worse case, if I'm wrong, is I would order it as the half price item at a future show.

NOTE: I DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE NOV AND DEC SPECIALS ARE - THESE ARE PREDICTIONS!!!

BethCooks4U said:
...........NOTE: I DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE NOV AND DEC SPECIALS ARE - THESE ARE PREDICTIONS!!!
If I were a betting person, I'd bet that you are right! :D

BethCooks4U said:
Remember you only have until September 30 to order the F/W samples.

You will love the appetizer plates and caddy. It comes with 12 plates and I also got (director package) the set of 4 cranberry app plates. I stacked them 2 white, one cranberry, 2 white, etc. and ended with 2 white (the caddy will hold 14 plates) - it looks sooooo cute! I plan to take them to every show including August (with a note saying "available Sept. 1") and they already have a home on the counter for snacks. DH and DS love them too!

I predict that the November host special will be the Oval Platter and the Carving Set and that the December special will be the Appetizer Plates & Caddy (and I haven't thought of the other) so I am taking my chances and not ordering a second AP&C at half off (my DH will be complaining that I take it and when I have a party it wouldn't hurt to have 2). Worse case, if I'm wrong, is I would order it as the half price item at a future show.

NOTE: I DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE NOV AND DEC SPECIALS ARE - THESE ARE PREDICTIONS!!!

I just had an idea...Do you think the dessert plates w/stand would fit in the TTA Tote....;) ;) ;)

Sorry didnt mean to highjack!!! lets start a new thread

Ginger428 said:
I just had an idea...Do you think the dessert plates w/stand would fit in the TTA Tote....;) ;) ;)
Yes but they are much smaller than the TTA so you'd have to pad them. I normally toss all the boxes but I kept the caddy box for transporting it to shows. I may decide to put the BOX in a TTA Tote though...

Hijack?? Ann does it all the time - why would she care if we did it to her???:p

Hijack over... Now what will YOU order for half price this season??

This may sound weird but right now I dint think I'll have to order any samples...:D :D :D But I'm sure there will be something I need I'll need..:rolleyes:

I'm STILL waiting to close several shows for this month to find out if I qualify for the $3000 level for July..........if I do, than the only things I'll need to order are the Level 4 products from June......except for the carving set - don't want that.

However, I'll probably also order the set that has the Kitchen towels - and then order a few more sets in Oct when they are the guest special......because I am going to be using them for curtains in my kitchen and dinette! :D

I have yellow checked TAG dishtowels there right now - they are cute, but I am ready for something new. (I hang them on clips that are on curtain rods....the ONLY Martha Stewart decorating tip I have been able to successfully recreate!)

Oh - and I'll also order the Pantry Sprinkles set.

And Beth - I sure hope you are right about the upcoming specials! It's TIME for some SA as a Host Bonus!

I want Package A, but is has some Level One products in them and I hate to duplicate. I know I can use them as prizes and stuff but I wish there was a package like A without the SAL products for me to be able to reduce my cost right now.

Decisions, decisions......I think I may just order the one with the most Bamboo and then order the Appetizer set. There's really not a lot that I just HAVE to get for myself. I try to always get the stuff I want and will use the most.

SamplesI have to say the decision on what stuff to get was really hard! Is it bad that what I "want" is almost $400 whereas what I need is about $150. ;-)

Ginger428 said:

Sorry didnt mean to highjack!!! lets start a new thread

Too funny - I posted that almost a week ago - don't have them in hand, but I figured I'd wrap the outside of the caddy with a microfiber towel and drop them in the TTA tote...someone added that you might have to put some padding on the bottom - maybe a washcloth...

We'll have to see!

I only got the 2 shows stuff for June and July, didn't earn the $ limit stuff (*sigh* -- they were personally busy months so just couldn't manage it)

I'm most likely going to order Sample Set A and H and probably a few open stock items.

ChefBeckyD said:
However, I'll probably also order the set that has the Kitchen towels - and then order a few more sets in Oct when they are the guest special......because I am going to be using them for curtains in my kitchen and dinette! :D

I have yellow checked TAG dishtowels there right now - they are cute, but I am ready for something new. (I hang them on clips that are on curtain rods....the ONLY Martha Stewart decorating tip I have been able to successfully recreate!)

Oh - and I'll also order the Pantry Sprinkles set.

QUOTE]

Sorry to interrupt-- but can you post a picture of this? Im intrigued

As for samples...my budget is tight, but I want to try and get the appetizer plates since they'll go great with my everyday dishes too. I can justify having them to entertain the lifeguards at camp. Sprinkles I'll get to use at shows...

I probably WANT more stuff but I'm trying to avoid looking... ;)

chefann said:
Now that the Sell-a-Thon list is up (on CC), and there's a list floating around of what's in the sample packages, what are you ordering?

As tempting as is is to get all of the new and restyled things, I really shouldn't spend the money. So I took a look at the list, and made my list of things I will use myself and/or customers will want to see in person.

I earned:
June Submit-2 (3" petite paring knife and restyled pizza cutter)
June Level 1 (Package B, plus striped towel set, Cran. skinny scraper, Boning knife)
July Submit-2 (SS 8" Saute Pan)

I'm purchasing:
Package E
Package F (love those sprinkles!)
Appetizer plates and Caddy
Gravy Separator
Oval platter w/cran accents
Rectangular platter w/cran accents

It's still $137.50 for samples. Yikes! There are some other little things I'd like to have, but don't necessarily want all the items in the applicable packages. So I'll wait, and add them to shows as I have the spare bucks.
We earned the same stuff Ann!
Umm since I haven't seen the sample list yet I don't know what I want- Except I will get the appet. plates and catty for sure! I love the platters too but don't know where to fit everything!?

Sorry, I'm a newbie, where are the sample packages listed. I only see the spring/summer 2007 on the website.

There's a thread with an attached file here. If you go to the files and search on Samples, you'll see it.

I'm such a bad girl!! I'm planning to order everything except the open stock pieces that have changed from one to two in a set (dots round bowls, tiles small bowls), and only b/c I already have a bunch of them!! Yes, this is why I'm a consultant - I'm completely addicted!!

I also promised a frequent catalog show host that she could have the 3 items that I earned free in June & July (pizza cutter, 3" petite paring, 8" SS saute) at 1/2 off, since she helped me earn them free, and she wants all 3, so I have to order those for her. If it weren't for her, I would have only had 1 catalog show in June and 1 show in July, since I took a little "mental break" from PC then, so she saved me!! I hated not earning any of the levels, though (I usually earn at least the first or 2nd level in a sell-a-thon), so I'm just gonna bite the bullet and order the stuff. I'm planning to sell off or give away a lot of the old discontinued stuff I have in my basement, too, to make way and to help defray the cost, so it's not as bad as it sounds. My neighbors are trained to come over every Aug. and Feb. to find out what's being discontinued and what they can buy from me!! ;)

Sample PackagesSo I assume that August 1st is when we can order the packages? I have my order ready to go in P3, just need to submit it. I guess the first is this Wednesday (gasp!). Where has this year gone?!?!?!?!

Hmm after looking at the lists, I think definitely the: new spices, SA plates-catty, and maybe a platter? I Have to Stop getting new products though cause my kitchen is busting at the seams everywhere I look !LOL

heat123 said:
Hmm after looking at the lists, I think definitely the: new spices, SA plates-catty, and maybe a platter? I Have to Stop getting new products though cause my kitchen is busting at the seams everywhere I look !LOL
So just clear out all that old non-pc stuff that's taking up room! :p

I know, I started to go through tool drawers full of duplicate non PC stuff- my DH calls me a pat rack! Usually I have to leave the room for him to clear out a junk drawer or cabinet cause "I can't miss what I dont' see him disgard" are my thoughts. I am thinkin of doing a garage sale to get rid of all my old kitchen stuff. I really need to rearrange to make more PC room! :)

heat123 said:
I know, I started to go through tool drawers full of duplicate non PC stuff- my DH calls me a pat rack! Usually I have to leave the room for him to clear out a junk drawer or cabinet cause "I can't miss what I dont' see him disgard" are my thoughts. I am thinkin of doing a garage sale to get rid of all my old kitchen stuff. I really need to rearrange to make more PC room! :)
UUGGHH!! I so need to do the same! We just did a yard sale in June and I am thinking of doing another in September.

I earned level 1 and the saute pan for July.
I want package A but I really dont want to spend that much right now! I am definitely going to order the appetizer plates and caddy and I think package D because I really want more bamboo and the cranberry appetizer plates...and probably the gravy separator. After all I live in the south!

I have a Christmas Bazaar the end of October and I am so excited to show off the appetizer plates - I think they will be a huge hit and I agree that they are probably the December Host special!

BethCooks4U said:
So just clear out all that old non-pc stuff that's taking up room! :p

I did a bit of that last week and will be doing more of that this week. My husband was happy to see the old stuff go. I think he likes a lot of the PC stuff as much or more than I do.

I only earned the saute pan in July.

I'm intending to have an august show so I can get the boning and 3"petite knives at 60% off.

I really want to carving set so I may get that. Other items on the list are:
Sample F/Pantry items
Package H/Color story (for my meat stuff it will go great in my kosher kitchen)

That totals $115, I'll have to see how sales are in August and September to see if I can justify these, I'm allowed to use my PC income to buy PC products, lol.

Hmmmm....decisions, decisions. Oh yeah, need the $$$ to buy. I earned level 1 June and the two submittal for June and July.

I'm praying with all of my leads from the street fair this past weekend, my August and September will get booked, so I can get more goodies.

That should give me time to clean out my kitchen and make room for the new stuff. :D

Maybe I should of started a new thread, sorry

I want to get the Rectangle Platter with Cranberry Accent. The price in the mini catalog says it sells for $29.00. When I put it on a Sample Order as of August 1st it's charging $24.00, is this right, I thought we could get this at 50% off. Has this happened to anyone else. All other prices are correct, it's just this item.

Thanks all

vtchef said:
Maybe I should of started a new thread, sorry

I want to get the Rectangle Platter with Cranberry Accent. The price in the mini catalog says it sells for $29.00. When I put it on a Sample Order as of August 1st it's charging $24.00, is this right, I thought we could get this at 50% off. Has this happened to anyone else. All other prices are correct, it's just this item.

Thanks all

Interesting in P3 it shows a price of 14.50 to me.

I'm using PP, all other prices are ok, just that one. Do you think if I submit as is, HO will adjust price or will I be charged the $24.00.

Thanks

vtchef said:
I'm using PP, all other prices are ok, just that one. Do you think if I submit as is, HO will adjust price or will I be charged the $24.00.

Thanks

Do anther product list update - I did one a couple of days ago, but when I just submitted a show, it said that there was a new update, so I did the update - and mine is showing the platter at the correct price.

Thanks, Becky

BethCooks4U said:

I am wondering if the Carving Set will go on special for November. When is the earliest possible time we will find out what the specials are for Nov/Dec? I have $100 PC dollars sitting here to be spent, but if I can get it cheaper when it's on special I rather do that and use the PC dollars for supplies.

/sigh.
Jena

I have been away for the weekend, so I was checking in on all the news that I have missed. I saw the thread about the sample package pricing, went to files, and searched samples, and I didn't see it.

In CC, mine is still showing S/S 2007.

HELP!!

Thanks,
Tracy

pamperedtracy said:
I have been away for the weekend, so I was checking in on all the news that I have missed. I saw the thread about the sample package pricing, went to files, and searched samples, and I didn't see it.

Check out http://www.chefsuccess.com/showthread.php?t=23882 which has what is in the samples. Its well detailed in posts 3-7.

I know I want package A... and their is some open stock items that I want but I have decided on them just yet!!! :D

Well, I really stepped down my PC business because it was taking over way to much time from other things I wanted to accomplish but now I'm crying because I didn't earn any of the new products. :( . Fortunately, I have a friend in the business who always orders everything and has told me I can borrow items as I need for shows. I'm going to try and put together an open house show to get some of the items using FPV. Already have 3 shows lined up for September and I'm looking forward to the new season!

I placed my sample order last night after I received some PC$$ yesterday in the mail! :)I ordered Package C, H and 2 cranberry pieces:Slice & Serve
Bamboo Spoon Set
Large serving spatula
Coating trays
Quik parings knives (3)
Skinny scraper
Classic scraper
Small mix scraper
Large mix scraper
Spreader set (2)
Twixit combo pack
Oval platter w/cranberry accent
Rectangle platter w/cranberry accent

Oh I can't decide!!! I have about $120 in PC Dollars, so that helps a lot. Plus, I haven't spent much of my actual commission since I started, so that helps even more! I earned the $1500 level in June and both submit 2 show incentives. I want:

Packages C, D, E, F, and H
Appetizer Plates and Caddy Set
Oval Platter with Cranberry Accent
Tiles Small Bowls (set of 2)

But that adds up to $231.16!!! I don't know what to do... Someone give me some advice! :)

I am in the same boat, there like 6 things I really want in pkg A and I want the plates and gravy seperator and the sprinkles. I am so torn about spending the money. I also want the cranberry scrapers

I just ordered:

Pkg B
Color Package
Pantry Package
Pizza Cutter
App Plates and Caddy
Petite Paring
and the torte pans from last season!

I just used the final $25 off of my $300 Conference Cash card and then had to only pay $116 myself! Cool!

My conference cash was gone before I left Chicago!
I got A, the caddy w/plates, sprinkles and the 2 SA platters. I use the SA tons at home so it was easier to justify buying it now...plus, I loves me a half-price sale!

Me too, Mee Too. I got Package A, the appetizer plates, the pizza cutter, the platters..and that is it for now...EEEK. My lord..I am a SIMPLE ADDITIONS ADDICT....LOL

I bought packages A,F,G, and H. I also bought the large round stone with handles and the appetizer plates & caddy set. Thankfully, I had PC dollars from super starter and birthday money. I paid $150 from my own money. Someday, I'll start actually making money from this business :)

I am still debating on what I want!!! I really want Package F and H as well as the appetizer plates and caddy set, large round stone with handles and I am thinking seriously about either the oval platter with cranberry accent or the rectangle platter with cranberry accent. I also really want the cranberry set of appetizer plates and the pastry mat but that is all I want out lf package A or D and E. Not sure what to do about those! Hmm.......

I am planning on ordering the 29 minutes to dinner cookbook via personal order at the September guest special price.

I still can't decide on what to do. What I really want is the appetizer plates and caddy, as well as the 4 cranberry plates, the 29 minutes to dinner cookbook and some of the bamboo, as well as some other open stock items. I am still unsure about the Coating trays. Not sure if it is a necessity. With that said, what I will probably do is order Package D, as well as the Appetizer Plates and Caddy set, and then order the cookbook as a guest special.

Those of you who've already gotten your stuff, tell me about why I need the oval platter w/cranberry? I got the rect. one (I got the $3000 level for June). I like the looks of the oval one but I probably have, honestly, 6 or 7 oval ceramic platters. I don't know that I can justify another, and many of the ones I have are solid white so they will go with the other SA pieces. So tell me more!

Speaking of getting your stuff....

I placed a sample order last Friday... and it's still only showing received on the tracker. My show that I submitted on the same date finally shipped out yesterday and hopefully will be here today. Good thing, there is a wedding gift on it for a wedding that we are going to tonight! Talk about cutting it close.

But I will add, my small saute pan sure did arrive in a flash.

PamperChefCarol said:
Speaking of getting your stuff....

I placed a sample order last Friday... and it's still only showing received on the tracker. My show that I submitted on the same date finally shipped out yesterday and hopefully will be here today. Good thing, there is a wedding gift on it for a wedding that we are going to tonight! Talk about cutting it close.

But I will add, my small saute pan sure did arrive in a flash.
My sample order went in on Aug. 4th and it's still only showing received, too. As of yesterday, it said items are shipping from orders placed through the 3rd. looks like we won't get ours till next week sometime. Boohoo. :cry:

I was under the impression that we could only order ONE package. :confused: On CC it says,

Only one complete set of items may be ordered. If package A is ordered, Packages B, C, D & E may not be ordered. Package A can not be combined with B, C, D & E.

Please correct me if I'm wrong!

You basically can't order 2 packages if you order A since you would then get duplicates, and we are only allowed one of each product. But you can order any combination of B, C, D & E (one of each though), or, package A only.Hope that helps!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views
ChefJoyJ
Replies
Views
heat123
  • chefann
  • General Chat