1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Host Coaching How does offering a discount work when ordering?

1. bejams

bejams Member

I haven't had a show yet, but I was wondering about the discounts I see on this board for $10.00 off or, anything other than what the company suggests. How do you report that since the host pays the company and they pay you. I am a bit confused. It seems to me like 20% is not much and when you offer them more discounts you would really be losing.

Jun 28, 2005
  2. pamperedkel

pamperedkel Member

you just leave the difference, and the payment will be applied to you TPC debit card

Jun 28, 2005
  3. pamperedbecky

pamperedbecky Legacy Member

If you offer your host (or even a guest) an extra discount on something, when you enter the order into PP, under payment information you'll put that portion ($10 for example) as "Consultant Gift." It's a tax write off that way too. Plus, if you ever give a gift to a host you can put it on their order and it can be at a 15-30% discount depending on what level they got to. So, many times you are not really paying too much out of pocket.

Jun 28, 2005
  4. pamperedkel

pamperedkel Member

Hey, I did not know that! Thanks again Becky ;)

Jun 28, 2005
Have something to add?