• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

**The "I'm Not Ordering" Guest**

new....items...I just don't understand why they come.People come to shows to buy products, and if they don't want to buy anything then they shouldn't come. If they keep coming and insisting they won't buy anything then the host should politely tell them that they are wasting their time and that they should leave.
Honestly, I just let it go. I'm shocked at the number of people who call me weeks or months later because they have my contact info from the catalog they took from a show.

I go over my folder contents at the beginning of the show. I use manila folders. I tell them that they are welcome to keep the folder, and anything in the folder, if they want to keep it, or pass it on to someone else. But that if they are just going to throw it away, then they can hand it back in to me when I help them with their order at the end of the evening.

I tell people that the folders are mine, but they can keep anything in the folder. If, however, they don't need a catalog, please leave it in the pocket so that I can recycle it for another show.

beepampered said:
What I don't like is when people bring products they don't have a receipt to and me to wave a magic wand and get it replaced even though they called HO and were told NO.....

I'm a new consultant (2 shows under my belt) but heard a GREAT testimonial from a friend. She had a PC wedding shower 7 years ago and got the stainless steel cookware. Well just recently, one of the pans warped somehow and the lid no longer fit. She didn't have the receipt anymore but she called the consultant who had hosted the shower and she had kept all her records from that far back! So they were able to call the HO and got her pan replaced! I'm definitely going to keep my receipts, and I'm glad I got that tip so early in my business!

Congratulations on completing your first 2 shows. :)Thankfully the computer keeps all of that for us. Plus, the HO can look it up if the guest knows the state and the host's (not necessarily the consultant's) name. Chances are that since the HO had already said no the item beepamered was talking about was out of warranty. or the person couldn't remember when/where she got it. In either of those cases the consultant having the info wouldn't make a difference.I'm just concerned that you might keep hard copies of everything for the next 25 years. LOL!

diradt said:
OK I have a question: I know this sounds petty but catalogs cost money and I recently did a show where almost every guest took the catalog AND folder home with them. Obviously having the catalog out there is fine but I know these people put them in the trash when they got home. Someone even TOOK my copy of Season's Best! I didn't know of a classy way of getting it back so I chalked up that dollar. LOL.

So my question is how do you get the catalogs back from guests without sounding nuts?? If someone acts directly to keep it that is fine. Any ideas ....or should I just let it go?

YOU MAY WANT TO RECONSIDER!!!!! I HAVE HAD PRE & TEENAGE GIRLS ASK FOR A CATALOG AND I LET THEM HAVE IT. I HAVE BEEN BOOKING WEDDING REGISTRIES AND PARTIES AND EVEN RE-CRUITED 2 GIRLS WHEN THEY REACH THE AGE OF 18 OR ARE ENGAGED. THE SAYING MAY BE WHAT YOU DO TODAY AFFECTS YOUR BUSINESS 3 MONTHS FROM NOW BUT GIRLS BECOME WOMEN SO TODAY CAN AFFECT 3 YEARS FROM NOW!!!!

I ALSO HAD A LADY CALL ME ABOUT A FUNDRAISER SHE SAW MY CATALOG IN THE RECYCLE TRASH AT WORK (BY THE WAY IT WAS AN $11,000. FUNDRAISER!!!:chef:

I give everyone, teens included, a guest packet. It makes them feel special, included in the conversations, and more importantly THEY are cooking at home, THEY are learning to bake, THEY will want to know how to use the tools their parents buy. A lot of times the moms talk with the girls about what THEY want to buy, and what they would use it for, etc. So include EVERYONE!!!! :)

I always say, "No worries", your company is what we really wanted. I explain that the point of the show is to give everyone an excuse to get together and relax and catch up. I tell everyone that I want them to buy something, but ONLY if they're going to use it. I state that I watch my money, and want to make sure they too get their money's worth. I finish up by saying that I will be calling to find out what they've done with their purchase. Most people like the idea that fun is more vital than sales, and allows everyone to relax and enjoy themselves. This usually results in some type of purchase.....even if they combine their order with someone else to save money. Once they have a PC item, it seems to become an addiction resulting in more orders and more shows.:)

Because of our extremely limited budget I never had money to buy anything at any of the home parties I went to when my husband was in college but I was very thankful that the consultants and my friends welcomed me anyway so I feel for the people who come just to get a night out away from their kids and don't have any money to spend! I really think that if the consultant at my first Pampered Chef party that I went to did everything that we are supposed to do (offer business opportunity/ hosting benefits/ followed up with me) I probably would have signed years ago but they didn't so I didn't for too long. :)Sorry you had such a rude guest. I am sure that the hostess was embarrassed. I think that there have been some good suggestions on this thread that I am going to use at my shows.

<H2>1. "How should I handle guests who repeatedly say they are not going to order anything at my Pampered Chef show?"</H2><p>If a guest is repeatedly stating that they are not going to order anything, it is best to simply acknowledge their statement and continue with the show as usual. You can also try to engage them in the show and show them some of the great products and deals that are available.</p><H2>2. "What should I do if a guest says they are saving for Christmas or are broke and won't be buying anything?"</H2><p>In this situation, it's important to be understanding and empathetic. You can suggest some of the more affordable products or offer to help them find ways to save money on their purchases. You can also remind them that Pampered Chef products make great gifts for the holiday season.</p><H2>3. "How can I handle a guest who is being annoying by repeatedly stating they are not going to buy anything?"</H2><p>It can be frustrating when a guest is constantly stating that they are not going to buy anything. The best approach is to stay professional and continue with the show as usual. You can also try to engage them in the show and show them the value and benefits of the products.</p><H2>4. "Is it okay to ignore a guest who keeps saying they are not going to order anything?"</H2><p>Ignoring a guest is not the best approach. It's important to acknowledge their statements and try to engage them in the show. Ignoring them may come across as rude and could potentially turn them off from ordering in the future.</p><H2>5. "Do you have any tips for dealing with guests who are not planning on ordering anything at my show?"</H2><p>One tip is to have some free samples or small giveaways on hand for non-ordering guests. This can help make them feel included and valued, and they may even change their minds and place an order after trying the products. You can also try to engage them in the show and showcase the products in a way that may pique their interest.</p>

1. "How should I handle guests who repeatedly say they are not going to order anything at my Pampered Chef show?"

If a guest is repeatedly stating that they are not going to order anything, it is best to simply acknowledge their statement and continue with the show as usual. You can also try to engage them in the show and show them some of the great products and deals that are available.

2. "What should I do if a guest says they are saving for Christmas or are broke and won't be buying anything?"

In this situation, it's important to be understanding and empathetic. You can suggest some of the more affordable products or offer to help them find ways to save money on their purchases. You can also remind them that Pampered Chef products make great gifts for the holiday season.

3. "How can I handle a guest who is being annoying by repeatedly stating they are not going to buy anything?"

It can be frustrating when a guest is constantly stating that they are not going to buy anything. The best approach is to stay professional and continue with the show as usual. You can also try to engage them in the show and show them the value and benefits of the products.

4. "Is it okay to ignore a guest who keeps saying they are not going to order anything?"

Ignoring a guest is not the best approach. It's important to acknowledge their statements and try to engage them in the show. Ignoring them may come across as rude and could potentially turn them off from ordering in the future.

5. "Do you have any tips for dealing with guests who are not planning on ordering anything at my show?"

One tip is to have some free samples or small giveaways on hand for non-ordering guests. This can help make them feel included and valued, and they may even change their minds and place an order after trying the products. You can also try to engage them in the show and showcase the products in a way that may pique their interest.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Yakmama
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Yakmama
  • TheFreddiesCook