• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Minimum Number of Guests Orders

In summary, Mystik can put the show in her name and list the person who is ordering the $250 as the guest. She can get commission on the show as the guest is the person who is placing the show and Mystik is the consultant as host. She can get the host rewards of free product based on $200 in sales and use the host special. The show will be delivered to Mystik and then Mystik can deliver them to her customer.
Mystik
Not sure if this is the right place, so please feel free to move it. :)

I have a customer who wants to order about $250 in products. I have no other people interested in placing an order this month, and believe me I have asked around.

Can I submit this person's order as a show with her as the host and everything on the hostess order, or does it need to have at least one guest order? I'm afraid to submit it all under a hostess order and have it rejected because it should be an individual order instead.

you can submit it as a catalog show with you as the host, and put her as the only guest. Then if you want you can keep the free product value and the hostess special for yourself or you could offer it to the customer ... (I'd keep it for myself.)

Thanks :) This is the first time I've had no one else interested in placing even a small order. Everyone I've talked to about the stones special either has all they want/need or doesn't use them at all. :confused:

You can't put your name as a host for a catalog show. Put your husbands name.

Really? Ok, will do. Will it present a problem with the address or anything like that?

letscook04 said:
You can't put your name as a host for a catalog show. Put your husbands name.

Yes you can you just won't earn any commission off of your order.

You won't get commission off YOUR order, as Melissa said, if you put your name as the host (but you will get commission on your customer's). If you put your husband, sister, etc., as the host, when you have it shipped to your house, put "Mary Host", c/o Jane Consultant....

You would put your husbands name, then C/O your name

Thanks all, I appreciate the help. :)

IMHO I would put her husband as the guest and her as the hostess that way she will also benefit from the money she spent while getting free products herself.

I am confused. Why can't Mystik put the show in her name and list the person who is ordering the $250 as the guest. Mystik can get commission on the show as the guest is the person who is placing the show and Mystik is the consultant as host. Mystik can get the host rewards of free product based on $200 in sales and use the host special. The show will be delivered to Mystik and then Mystik can deliver them to her customer.

If you read Mystik's original post it does state that a customer wants to order $250 in product.

If she put it in her name she will not get commission but she will with the guest order. If she puts it in someone else's name in c/o her name she can get the host rewards $10 free products and get commission. I hope that I am making sense!

I've done shows that I have been the host and I always get commission on those.

I think Colleen that we are saying the same thing just a bit differently.

I do agree that she put the order in with her customers name as a guest and Mystik can be the host and get commission based on the customer's sales.

pamperedharriet said:
I am confused. Why can't Mystik put the show in her name and list the person who is ordering the $250 as the guest. Mystik can get commission on the show as the guest is the person who is placing the show and Mystik is the consultant as host. Mystik can get the host rewards of free product based on $200 in sales and use the host special. The show will be delivered to Mystik and then Mystik can deliver them to her customer.

I don't think that we consultant's can't take the advantage of the host special or free products if our name is as the host. If she would put her husbands name as host and in C/O her name, her address then she can get the host special or free products.

I am getting myself confused too! LOL

Last edited:
We can Colleen. I've done it before. We don't get commission on host specials. We can get free product too!

If you still have your Recipe for Success from HO see page F-4 and the section about Consultant hosted shows. If you don't have it I will list what it states for you.

pamperedharriet said:
We can Colleen. I've done it before. We don't get commission on host specials. We can get free product too!

GET OUT!!! I always put my mom's name or my hubands, then in C/O my name and had it shipped to me. I would get commission and the free products. Wow! never knew that!

No Colleen, a consultant as host is entitled to everything BUT the PHD (ours is better anyway) and booking benefit.

So they can use FPV, 1/2 price and the discount (which would only make sense if it was more than 20% for most of us). They may also order the host 60% off deal. I've had several in my name and no problem.

Harriett is right that you wouldn't make commission on what you the host ordered. But you make it off the guest/customer order.

Putting a show like this in her name would be a great way to stock business items and maybe even offer the customer a gift for the large order.

Jennie4PC said:
IMHO I would put her husband as the guest and her as the hostess that way she will also benefit from the money she spent while getting free products herself.

This is what I would do (and have done) after all, she is planning on spending $250. I'd make it work out to her best advantage. She could get some free product (if she put $200 on her husband's "guest order"), the monthly special and a discount. Or, just a discount and the monthly special. Which ever would work out best for your customer.

Thanks Lisa for backing me up. I think Colleen found out some good information tonight!

letscook04 said:
GET OUT!!! I always put my mom's name or my hubands, then in C/O my name and had it shipped to me. I would get commission and the free products. Wow! never knew that!

Isn't that great! Also good if you need to return anything. Check out the policy and procedures for more information on this subject.

I would make this a show for the customer and allow her some free product and host specials. Anyone who is ready to spend $250 is a customer I want to keep coming back. When she realizes the hostess benefits she may be consider doing own catalog shows from time to time in the future or maybe a cooking show.

I agree with MicheleC--put the entire order in under the guests name. Then call the guest and tell her that she is entitled to take $25 free and the hostess special for the month if she'd like it. Then she would be the guest and the host. It would really benefit her and make it look like you really care for her and want to do anything you can to make her happy!

That is definately a host/customer i'd "take care of"

I agree with you Michele. It is Heather's choice though which way she wants to do it. Now at least through this thread she knows what she can do in the future,etc.

I've done this with customer's who only wanted to buy the old Generation II cookware set when they weren't part of a scheduled show. They come back later for more!

Well, thanks ladies!! I've been doing PC for over 2 years and never knew that before! * see all you new consutlants out there after 2 years I am still learning*:p I am not sure who told me that I could not put my name as host(maybe my director) OH Well, now I know.

I just love this site!! You guys are just GREAT!!

We are all learning as we go and that is the beauty of this site we learn from one another. Glad we helped you learn something new Colleen.

You're welcome Colleen!

And glad to help Harriet, that is what's great about this site!

Related to Minimum Number of Guests Orders

1. What is the minimum number of guests for an order with Pampered Chef?

The minimum number of guests for an order with Pampered Chef is 4. This ensures that each guest will receive a full demonstration and have enough time to browse and place an order.

2. Can I place an order with less than 4 guests?

Yes, you can still place an order with less than 4 guests. However, you will be responsible for meeting the minimum order requirement of $150.

3. Do I have to reach the minimum number of guests in order to earn host rewards?

Yes, the minimum number of guests must be met in order to earn host rewards. These rewards are based on the total sales from your party and having more guests will increase your chances of earning more rewards.

4. Can I combine orders from multiple guests to reach the minimum requirement?

No, each guest must place their own individual order in order to count towards the minimum number of guests. This ensures that each guest receives their own products and rewards.

5. What if I have less than 4 guests but still want to earn host rewards?

If you have less than 4 guests, you can still earn host rewards by hosting a virtual party. This allows you to invite friends and family from different locations to place orders, which will contribute towards your total sales and rewards.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamG
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
reesefamily5
Replies
Views
laurichef