• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Offering Free Shipping Without Going Broke: Is It Possible?

In summary, the host has to pay for shipping, but they could offer free shipping with a minimum order.
JaimeQ
I have a thought about trying to get a few more sales at my show... I thought about offering them all free shipping how would I go about this without going broke so to say. Is there a way to not have to pay for the $4 on every order or is that the catch, you do??:eek:

You have to pay the shipping. There is no way around it. You could say free shipping with a minimum order so you make sure to cover your $4.

OK thats what I thought I just wanted to see if there was any other way before I actually offered it:p

Thank you for your help:)

No prob - that's why we're here!Sometimes people do offer free shipping. I have also heard of tax free sales during April.

I thought it was only $4.00 but it's more right if its over 65.00. I had to call a couple people tonight because I was under on the totals...OOPS> that is kinda deceiving on the order forms.

What do you mean?

As long as the order is being sent to the host, shipping is only $4. When it is a direct ship, that is when that table on the back of the order form comes into play... hth!

Oh I was going to have it sent to me, will they still be charged or can I over ride that some how?

Were you going to have the whole show, or just that one order?

If it's the whole show, enter the host's name, then under address put c/o you, then your address. That way the host has the warranty and discount number and you get the show delivered to you... let me know if I just confused you :)

I want the whole show shipped to me, so I can make sure everything is correct and seperate it and then go to the peoples homes so I can get those shows finalized for booking dates in March...hehe (always thinking) 2 didn't confirm..so I want to make sure..even though I know I'll call, but makes it more personal...with a pretty bag and a bow...ya know.

Yep... so you enter it as:

Name: Suzy Host
Address: c/o Jilleysue
123 main st
anywhere, USA 12345
Enter her email and your phone number

That way she will get a shipped email, so she knows the status and you will get calls if there is a question. The entire show will then be shipped to you, with all the host benefits still in her name... did I make any sense this time? :)

Yeeeup..lol. as you wrote that, I just figured it out. Thank you. I was doing it at the same time. Great. Thank you sooooo much. Perfect.

No prob... after hearing how awesome your show went today (btw, congrats!) I want to help you continue the success, and having it shipped somewhere random would not help, now would it :)

OhNO.....Not at all< I was wondering..I was way off on the orders..I was freaking out. Thank you so much Alison. I knew Carolyn had told me how to do it and I really wanted it shipped to my house so I could seperate everything and make sure everything was correct for everybody for my first show. Everything seems correct now. I'll deposit the checks tomorrow and things should be good. I don't know what I would do without all your help.

Won't the bank be surprised when you come in with all those checks... man! I did the same thing with my first show and my host (my aunt) loved it! Can I tell you just how crazy the FedEx guy is going to look at you when he delivers all those boxes... mine was an almost $1300 show and the UPS guy had came out like every day that week between the show and everything I earned from that show!

Just make sure you have lots of surface area showing when you start sorting -- oh wait -- there is probably never clutter in miss Jilleysue's house :)

Related to Offering Free Shipping Without Going Broke: Is It Possible?

1. What are the benefits of offering free shipping?

Offering free shipping can attract more customers to your business and increase sales. It can also improve customer satisfaction and loyalty, as many shoppers consider free shipping a valuable perk when making a purchase.

2. How can I offer free shipping without losing money?

One way to offer free shipping without going broke is to set a minimum order amount for customers to qualify for free shipping. This can help cover the costs of shipping and still provide an incentive for customers to make a larger purchase.

3. Are there any other ways to offer free shipping?

Yes, you can also consider offering free shipping for specific products or during promotional periods. This can help drive sales and attract new customers without having to offer free shipping on every order.

4. How can I calculate the cost of offering free shipping?

To calculate the cost of offering free shipping, you will need to consider the weight and dimensions of your products, shipping zones, and shipping carriers' rates. You can also use online shipping calculators to estimate the cost of shipping for different orders.

5. Is offering free shipping necessary for my business?

While offering free shipping can be beneficial for many businesses, it is not necessary for all. It ultimately depends on your target market, competition, and profit margins. It's important to evaluate your business's needs and goals before deciding if offering free shipping is the right strategy for you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • taterbug
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Chef Gilles
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies