• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Did Janice Do at Her Assembly Thing?

In summary, the presenter was missed due to an emergency, and the presenters handled the situation well.
its_me_susan
I just phoned her, but she was at her excutive banquet (oops) & will call back later.

Hey, Susie! I was so nervous....didn't have our products to use until 5 minutes before the workshop, which added to the stress, but I tried my best.

I did a show simalar to what I might do in a host's home. We had a great time, I forgot to add an ingredient (I do that all the time)....

Oh, and the co-presenter did acknowledge that I have an "Organized Chaos" type of show, which I do, but hey, in 2 years of business I have 23 recruits, so it is working for me....the host and guests see that you really don't have to know what you are doing to do this. And that was the point I was trying to make as well.

Lots of Consultant level attended and all had great responses. The Directors were not as happy with the show (which I expected). We ended early (I was worried about time), so we did lots of questions and answers. We had great response with that!

Missed you, Sus!

jwpamp said:
Hey, Susie! I was so nervous....didn't have our products to use until 5 minutes before the workshop, which added to the stress, but I tried my best.

I did a show simalar to what I might do in a host's home. We had a great time, I forgot to add an ingredient (I do that all the time)....

Oh, and the co-presenter did acknowledge that I have an "Organized Chaos" type of show, which I do, but hey, in 2 years of business I have 23 recruits, so it is working for me....the host and guests see that you really don't have to know what you are doing to do this. And that was the point I was trying to make as well.

Lots of Consultant level attended and all had great responses. The Directors were not as happy with the show (which I expected). We ended early (I was worried about time), so we did lots of questions and answers. We had great response with that!

Missed you, Sus!

Organized Chaos ~ that's what I do too! I'll bet it was great, and bet the consultants felt relieved that real people can and do succeed with PC. I thought about you and Jayne and our 1st conference when we met. Did you catch up with Jayne there?

Catch me when you can (I'm the gingerbread man) by phone or IM!
Me :)

jwpamp said:
The Directors were not as happy with the show

I wish I had seen your show Janice!

What's up with the Directors not liking it as much? What's that about?

I had the same experience. All the consultants loved it, less enthusiastic reviews from FDs and Directors. I also got one very nasty eval from someone who hates interactive shows. then why the hell was she in there?!?!?!?!

DebbieJ said:
I had the same experience. All the consultants loved it, less enthusiastic reviews from FDs and Directors. I also got one very nasty eval from someone who hates interactive shows. then why the hell was she in there?!?!?!?!

I so don't get that! I'm sure you were awesome Deb!

Just curious though as to why the FDs and Ds wouldn't be as happy as consultants? I'm not understanding that...

Because of the time constraints, both Janice and I did scaled down versions of our shows. A sister director of mine who did the workshop said the same thing. I know I just did quick overviews of collections like Cookware, Knives, and Stoneware whereas in my regular show I spend more time and give more detailed info about them. One of the comments was that I didn't give enough info and not enough cooking tips, but they don't understand that we as presenters were give certain parameters.I think the consultants liked it more b/c they most likely picked up tips and verbage for putting in the booking and recruiting lines that they are most likely missing from their shows. And they got to see how an interactive show might work for them.JMHO.

speaking from 4 years of speaking-
---throw away the poopy eval's and concentrate on the awesome ones--I went to this class-one of the people picked to help--was horrible-tried to steel the show--but the presenters handled it well-I helped her out a bit-by asking her to do her cookware speel-knowing she forgot it--later she thanked me--I also try to hide my ribbons down--so far cuz that makes them nervous too---an an eval from the class I taught at leadership said--you didn't start on time--LOL
So I made a big point to NOT wait a minute after 9 to start---
guess who wasn't there until 9:20-my co-presenter-
There was an emergency one of her gals took a spill over a bag(i am not a fan of rolling bags at conference I too catapulted once)--but to me it was no biggee-I was on 1st and she made it for her 1/2 do u know some people ripped her apart for being late--I was a SPEED talker but they loved the workshop--nothing negative-other than that---
heck i even let people interrupt--if they went to the mic-
SO---Bless and throw away any and all negative-comments-
thanks for sharing you--at conference!

morfia said:
I went to this class-one of the people picked to help--was horrible-tried to steel the show--

I heard about that. My "guests" were great! My moderator did a great job prepping them. :)

WOW! Thanks for sharing.I'm sure you all did an awesome job presenting. Some people just can't stand to see others do well and that's just sad.

Colleen sorry we missed each other-I would have like to see you---

morfia said:
Colleen sorry we missed each other-I would have like to see you---

Me too! I can't wait to meet up with you at Leadership!!!!! :)

Deb, you did a great job. The only thing I can think of is that it may have not been what people were expecting. I know I thought it was going to be more like the old Kitchen Show Live, with focus on tips and tricks to the new recipes. But I enjoyed it and got some tid bits to add to my show.

Congrats guys! How cool for so many of you to be speakers!!:D

ShanaSmith said:
Deb, you did a great job. The only thing I can think of is that it may have not been what people were expecting. I know I thought it was going to be more like the old Kitchen Show Live, with focus on tips and tricks to the new recipes. But I enjoyed it and got some tid bits to add to my show.

Nope, we were instructed to model the interactive show format and have the entire show done in 45 mins or less. Whew! We were even told what recipe we HAD to do--no choice!

You're right--I think it was not what people were expecting. But that's okay. I survived. :)

DebbieJ said:
We were even told what recipe we HAD to do--no choice!

Well, since they suggested at our regional meetings to "focus on 45" I'm sure you modeled that fabulously!

What recipe did you do?

I'm pretty sure Deb did the Greek Cheese Torta, right Deb?

Yep, Greek Cheese Torta.

Wow, glad to read everyone's responses to this. And THANK YOU, Morfia, for saying that YOU talk fast, too. That was one of the comments I had on an eval....well, I tried to even SLOW it down, I do talk fast, though :p

I was looking thru the evals again this morning and I was actually happy with the comments and there were several "Excellents" from Directors, too. I wish I had a lecture style workshop. If they ever ask me to do it again (ha!) I would prefer to so do it that way. The Q & A segment was a HIT....people raved about the info that we shared there.

I am so glad to have shared -- I love to help others even get ONE new idea. I hope they take one thing that they learned and work it into their shows!

really--toss-the eval's---keep your favorite--Jennifer Soto-from interactive dvd-wrote in it was her BEST CLASS-for the class I taught at leadership--I wanted to frame it--:) This time I peeked and my co-presenter kept all---No biggee-they were awesome--

jwpamp said:
Wow, glad to read everyone's responses to this. And THANK YOU, Morfia, for saying that YOU talk fast, too. That was one of the comments I had on an eval....well, I tried to even SLOW it down, I do talk fast, though :p

I was looking thru the evals again this morning and I was actually happy with the comments and there were several "Excellents" from Directors, too. I wish I had a lecture style workshop. If they ever ask me to do it again (ha!) I would prefer to so do it that way. The Q & A segment was a HIT....people raved about the info that we shared there.

I am so glad to have shared -- I love to help others even get ONE new idea. I hope they take one thing that they learned and work it into their shows!

So tell us, did you receive a gift for doing the workshop????? What was it? Did you get to hug Doris and Jean??? LOL. :)

All workshop presenters get PC $ and a special yellow ribbon on our name badges.

Thanks for posting about the comments. We had the same experience. The majority of the comments were positive and specific...but there were some hurtful ones too (from a few fellow directors who felt they had 'heard this before'). We obviously didn't help those folks, but it felt great when others came up to us during the rest of conference to say they enjoyed the workshop and got ideas they plan to implement. (Being fair, there are things we both would have done differently in hindsight. Doing a workshop though, is like doing a cooking show...you don't really know what to expect the first time you do it.):blushing:

Deb, really, we get PC$?

Yep, $100 PC Dollars. With the TPC $$, I have lots of shopping to do!

Glad to hear that everyone had a good time and I am sure that everyone did well!:)

Related to How Did Janice Do at Her Assembly Thing?

1. How many people attended Janice's assembly with Pampered Chef?

Janice had over 50 attendees at her assembly with Pampered Chef!

2. What kind of products did Janice showcase at her assembly?

Janice featured a variety of Pampered Chef products including kitchen tools, cookware, and bakeware.

3. Did Janice offer any special discounts or promotions at her assembly?

Yes, Janice offered a 10% discount on all Pampered Chef products to attendees of her assembly.

4. How long did Janice's assembly with Pampered Chef last?

Janice's assembly lasted approximately 2 hours, including time for a cooking demonstration and Q&A session.

5. Will Janice be hosting any future assemblies with Pampered Chef?

Yes, Janice is planning to host another assembly with Pampered Chef next month. Stay tuned for more details!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tupachef
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Koolotus
Replies
Views
baychef
  • chefkathy
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies