• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Guest Not Returning My Call--Declined Card

In summary, the customer's orders are being held because she hasn't called to resolve a problem with her order. The original card number she gave the host was declined, so she sent it to Finance for Veriphone. The call back wait times are horrendous, so the host suggested that the order be counted if it goes through again. The order wasn't counted when it went through the first time, so the host put in for the call back. The customer called back and the wait times were shorter, so the host accepted the call. The host is hopeful that the order will be counted this time.
chefkathy
It has to be resolved by tomorrow at noon! I did re-enter her card # online thinking maybe it was a debit card (those are often declined for me). This was for an online order, so it's her fault if it's the wrong #. She did type her name in all lower case, so I'm thinking maybe that was the problem?Anyway, I tried to call HO tonight to make sure it went through and I was waiting and waiting....then I dropped the phone and my battery popped out, so I was disconnected. :cry::cry:I have left two messages for this customer. She hasn't called back!I am going to get up early and call HO first thing. I need this DONE!

Good Luck Deb~

You might want to call the host and tell her that the show is on hold because there's a problem with that guest's order and it has to be resolved to ship the whole show. She might have a way to contact her that you don't.

I am always careful to not say that a card declined and if it does come out I am quick to say that I might have entered something wrong.

This happened to me too... the card was declined twice when I asked HO to run it a second time. Grrrr... So I put it on my debit card for the meantime and have notified the host to hold the order until I receive payment. It's a pain but she's not getting her stuff if she doesn't call me back!!!!

I called HO to run the card again and it didn't go through. I have now left 2 messages for my customer, the last one saying there was a problem with her order and the entire shipment is being held up until she calls me. Hopefully that sparks a return call ASAP.She has one hour til my deadline. :(This is over $200 in orders, so I'm NOT putting it on my debit.

Oh no! Is this going to screw you up for your $4k?

yes... way too much to put on a debit... mine was less than $25 so I was okay with it.

pamperedlinda said:
Oh no! Is this going to screw you up for your $4k?

That's a very good question. If it does, I will be PISSED!!!!!

The email just said that it will be paid on the next commission statement if I don't get it resolved by noon. Of course the customer called me back at 12:05 with a new card number and now wait times are FOUR HOURS long. I was out and about and didn't want to wait on hold, so I put in for the call back.

Maybe since wait times are horrendous, they will count it?

DebbieJ said:
That's a very good question. If it does, I will be PISSED!!!!!

The email just said that it will be paid on the next commission statement if I don't get it resolved by noon. Of course the customer called me back at 12:05 with a new card number and now wait times are FOUR HOURS long. I was out and about and didn't want to wait on hold, so I put in for the call back.

Maybe since wait times are horrendous, they will count it?

Don't count on it. I had to call a little while ago - call-back times were 4-5 hours. I chose to wait, they answered in 5 seconds - I was astonished!

Me too! I actually did it twice, about an hour apart. Weird

Wow, I called and chose the waiting option and it went RIGHT THROUGH! Of course the new card # the customer gave me was declined as well, so she sent it to Finance for Veriphone? I asked if this would still count and she said they are still resolving lots of shows today, so I should be okay. They are going to call me back if it doesn't go through yet again....

My fingers are crossed for you Deb!

What's Veriphone?

Oh, hijack: I have been meaning to tell you. When I saw you at Leadership I recognized you from your photo here (plus your name tag said 'Deb'). But you are much prettier than your photo! Your hair looked fabulous :D

Because it's a debit and those tend to get declined they have another way of running them manually. I questioned it being declined since it was $200+, some debit cards have limits, and the Solution Center rep said she'd call Finance and do Veriphone. Thanks for the compliments!

ahhhh, that does make sense.

you are welcome....must have been all those new hormones rushing through your body :) (hey, I think that didn't come out just right - I meant it as a compliment)

No fricken way. I called this morning (after not getting a call back) and the card was declined AGAIN. We even tried splitting it into two charges and it was still declined.I'm hoping I just wrote the number down wrong. I was on a cell phone in a loud Playland McD's when she called me back. :)Waiting on another call back...Oh, but the SC rep did reassure me that they will count this for January. Call back times are still horrendous--4 hours--so they must still be dealing with this credit card fiasco.

I am going to cry. After tracking down my customer and trying to get through to HO for a couple days, I just called and resolved this and was told it WON'T count for January now!!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: They said it's too late.I have a message in to a supervisor now. This is absurd. The rep tried to tell me I could have emailed it in. I said no, I can't email credit card numbers and I never get a response to my emails. I also put in for a callback one day cuz I couldn't hold and I never got the callback.They better fix this for me.

:(

They darn well better fix it. And in the meantime, I'd send an e-mail to all of your upline so any of them can help you on this.

When I had a problem with my *crazy* customer, I e-mailed Chris with the situation and she gave me the name and phone number of someone at HO to help me out. Might be worth a shot....

Good luck and let us know what happens!!!! :pray: :pray: :pray:

That sucks, Deb! I'm so sorry!:mad:

I'd cry too! So sorry to hear this, I hope you can get it straightened out.

I got a call back from a supervisor and she is going to bring it to another department. She said I'm not the only one with this problem (given the credit card fiasco and horrendous wait times). She said I should know something by Friday.

What did they say about getting credit for January sales?

finley1991 said:
What did they say about getting credit for January sales?

She has to bring it to another department to get it approved. I told her I didn't care about getting paid for it today, I just need to count for my team sales for January. They can pay me for that show in six months for all I care!

Here's hoping they honor it...seems it would be the right thing. The call back times were pretty awful last week...and it sounds like someone dropped the ball.

Geez Deb, that sucks!! Let us know what happens!

FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!I was supposed to hear back last Friday, but of course did not. Yesterday DS and DH were home, so we had a family day and I did not work.So I called the HO just now and got right through (even though it said wait times were 3 hours). I asked about my situation, the rep checked on it, and THEY ARE CHANGING IT TO THE 31ST!!!!!!You don't know HOW happy this makes me!!!!! YEAH!!!! Sometimes PC does come through for us. :)

WOO HOO!! Congratulations! Our company is the greatest! They may be strict about their policies and deadlines but they do take into account when the issue is on their side. I know it's a great relief to you!!

:party::party::party: YAY!!!!

Glad to hear this turned out so well!!!

yayay! that's great!

Related to Guest Not Returning My Call--Declined Card

1. Why is the guest not returning my call?

The guest may not be returning your call for a variety of reasons. They could be busy, have missed your call, or simply not want to respond.

2. What should I do if a guest's card is declined?

If a guest's card is declined, it is important to resolve the issue as soon as possible. This may include re-entering the card number, contacting the guest to get a different card, or reaching out to customer service for assistance.

3. Is it the guest's fault if their card is declined?

It is not fair to automatically assume that the guest is at fault if their card is declined. There could be a variety of reasons for the decline, such as insufficient funds or a technical error.

4. Could typing the guest's name in all lower case affect the payment process?

While it is possible that typing the guest's name in all lower case could have caused a problem, it is unlikely. Most online payment systems are not case-sensitive when it comes to entering names.

5. What should I do if I cannot reach the guest?

If you are unable to reach the guest, it is important to take proactive steps to resolve the issue. This may include contacting customer service, re-trying the payment, or reaching out to the guest through other means such as email or social media.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefkathy
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
baychef
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • ChefJoyJ
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies