• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Join Our Team: A Wwyd Question About Recruiting at a Show in November

In summary, Janice and Deb are both right. I should let it go and not try to pursue the situation any further.
chefkathy
I met Taylor at a show in November. She marked YES on the drawing slip for the biz. I called her and she expressed interest. I discovered that she is an 18 yo HS student working at Taco Bell, but needs more money to pay off debt (at 18? I suppose that's another post...)I emailed her the Come Join Us booklet and was to follow up with her around Thanksgiving. I left a message, never heard back from her, then got caught up in the holidays so I didn't call her at all in December.Early last week I got back in my office and called again. We talked for a while and I walked through the Come Join Us book, asking her questions. She didn't say a whole lot, but didn't say she wasn't interested either. I told her I'd call her back on Saturday.I called Saturday, I asked for Taylor, and then no one ever came to the phone. I could hear the tv in the background, but no voices. Eventually I hung up. I tried calling back a few times in the next 5-10 mins, but it was busy (guess they didn't realize the phone was off the hook).Then today I get an email from Vanessa. Taylor and Vanessa were together at the show back in November. Vanessa booked a show for March and was emailing me her new address. And then at the end of her email writes this: "And my friend, Taylor, said you've been calling her about joining the Pampered Chef team. Please don't call her anymore. She's really not interested. Thanks!!"Taylor has said YES to everything all along. I mean, c'mon, the girl marked YES on her drawing slip! If she's not interested, she can answer the phone when I call and just say no thank you. I want to write back to Vanessa and tell her this, but I know that's not professional.Would you keep calling Taylor? Would you respond to Vanessa at all?

She's only 18. I have an 18 year old. Just drop it, bless and release. IMO, it's not even worthy of a phone call or reply to an e-mail. It will be more frustrating if you even try.

Janice is right... I'd also let it go. If it comes up again at the show, I would say something along the lines of, "I was surprised when you said Taylor wasn't interested because we talked for a while about the opportunity and she didn't give me any indication that she wasn't interested in it."

finley1991 said:
Janice is right... I'd also let it go. If it comes up again at the show, I would say something along the lines of, "I was surprised when you said Taylor wasn't interested because we talked for a while about the opportunity and she didn't give me any indication that she wasn't interested in it."

Exactly what I was going to say.

I agree but wish everyone could get the life lesson just to say no thanks when you mean no not yes and hang up or drag some one on and waste their time. I am dealing with this today.

That's so annoying though! I feel for you because that is frustrating!

I agree, Becky. I have had similar situations, Deb. We try so hard to be aware of backing off when people communicate with us that they are not interested, but it takes someone like this person to rattle your confidence. All I can say is they must be married to men with extra keen E.S.P. abilities...you would have to be a mind reader to keep her happy!! :D

I am finding that I with my body sagging and dragging...my sence of people is becoming more clear. (Maybe it is the large gravitational forces at work!!) :eek: What I mean is that when the situation that Deb is dealing with happens, especially with a younger person, it is the only way they know how to deal with an issue. Pass it on to a friend.

As far as the business is concerned, she may not be confident in herself...who knows what she is thinking. I doubt if she knows the real reasons why she has dismissed this wonderful opportunity. For whatever her reasons are, she is reacting in a way that brings a more comfortable space for her because of her age.

If she gives you nice answers when you call everyone is comfortable. At her age, when she has a doubt, she is bound not to explore it further or think it out completely weighing her options. Now she has to tell you no because that is what she is telling herself. It is easier to ignore everything than to talk to you as an adult and have a conversation. (besides...you must sell snake oil and will cast a spell on her to make her say yes!):devil::chef:

Please do not feel as if you have done anything wrong. She is young. I have dealt with a woman in her 50's that acted the same way. It wasn't about the business opportunity, it was about her party. EXTREMELY long story that I will not get into, she had a problem with me. I did screw up, but more than made up for my mistake but she communicated through her daughter. So in this case, since she is not young, she is immature! Actually, I almost feel that she would have lost her temper so her daughter handled everything. The daughter and I never had any problems. And to compound it, they called HO repeatedly. I spoke with HO several times for 30 to 45 minutes at a time. They saw through this situation and handled her from that point on.

This business teaches us more that we sometimes want to know! :grumpy:

I know you will look forward and let this go, Deb. You are the better person!

Thanks everyone....I will let this go. Who's next? Oh yeah, I have an interview tonight! :D

WOO HOO! Go get em Tiger!!! (or is that Tigger!!!)

1. How much does it cost to join the Pampered Chef team?

It costs $109 to join as a consultant, which includes your starter kit with all the necessary tools and supplies to get started.

2. What are the benefits of joining the Pampered Chef team?

As a consultant, you will have the opportunity to earn extra income, receive discounts on products, and attend training and networking events. You will also have the support of a strong community of fellow consultants.

3. Do I need to have previous sales experience to join the Pampered Chef team?

No, previous sales experience is not required. We provide training and resources to help you become a successful consultant.

4. Can I still join the Pampered Chef team if I have a full-time job?

Absolutely! Many of our consultants have full-time jobs and use Pampered Chef as a way to earn extra income on the side. You can work on your own schedule and choose how much time you want to dedicate to your business.

5. How can I start recruiting for the Pampered Chef team at a show in November?

There are many ways to recruit at a show in November, such as offering a special sign-up incentive or hosting a "join our team" event. Our team can provide you with tips and resources to help you successfully recruit at the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cmdtrgd
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • PamperedK
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
MORFIA
Replies