• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Idea I Heard at a Jewelry Show...

In summary, the conversation was about the idea of selling old products at a discounted price through an "open house" or similar event. Some people had already done this successfully, while others were considering it. It was mentioned that there may be some potential issues with PartyLite rules and guarantees, but it was generally agreed that it could be a good way to get rid of excess products and make some money.
caraighan
Gold Member
Hi, all!

I went to a jewelry show back in October and the consultant had something on her drawing slip that caught my attention!

she had the usual stuff... do you want to join? do you want to host? etc. etc. etc.

the item that caught my attention was the last... would you like to be invited to my half price sample sales?

I asked her exactly what that meant and she said that when she gets her new samples she has a "open house" (or something of the sort) and sells the previous (discontinued) samples at half price. I don't know about you, but I have SOOOOOO much stuff... that my husband says he's going to have to add to the house just to store my PC stuff!!! LOL

Do you think this would be within the PC rules??? :confused:

My aunt does that. Only she sells all her stock at 50% off. They can purchase their jewelry at 50% off so even if someone buys one of her favorite pieces, she can buy a new one so that it's new to show.

I don't know if it would be in the rules, but man! That is a GREAT idea!!

I was thinking of sending an email out to all of my past hostess's and special customers offering a sale on all of the over-load of products that I have. But I am not sure.

I do need to post something on here though, I have WAY TOO much!!

I have a Partylite friend & twice a year she holds something similar. She sells all her old stuff @ 50-70% off & If you buy anything from the catalog, she gives you 20% off. She always has a big crowd....;)

I think it would be a little different for us since we USE our products and it shows! If you wore a piece of jewelry everyday for 6 months you wouldn't be able to tell, but if you used a kitchen product everyday for 6 months or how ever long it was in the catalog it would probably show some wear. But for 50% off I think someone would bite at that. I wouldn't, but I know there are less picky people out there!! If it works, work it girl!

My director sells her stuff every season when she has her new products open house. She has re-bought kit stuff by doing that. People flock to the sale, and start swarming and grabbing stuff as soon as she opens the door to let them in.

pampered.chris said:
I don't know if it would be in the rules, but man! That is a GREAT idea!!

I was thinking of sending an email out to all of my past hostess's and special customers offering a sale on all of the over-load of products that I have. But I am not sure.

I do need to post something on here though, I have WAY TOO much!!

I have WAY TOO MUCH too!!! That's why it caught my attention, I guess!!! ;)

Someone else explained that once you own it, you can do what you like. HO will get anxious if anyone expects to activate a warranty/guarantee, so you would have to offer all items "as is". My director does this. My friend, a PartyLite top consultant, has an open house each year which is bursting at the seams...she does several items at a sealed bid - people jot down an amount they'd pay for an item, and she calls the next day whomever won it with the highest bid. She gave the ruby hurricane vase to someone for $30 -- I think it was like 60 or 70 in their catalog.

(Vaguely related...I was toying with the idea of selling our dripless pour spouts to a wine store - they wanted a significant 40% or 50% cost reduction which HO would not offer me, even at something like 100 units... but they (HO) made clear to me that once they were sold to a "reseller", that any PC guarantee was void.)

You can certainly offer your "gently used" PC merchandise AS IS for a significantly reduced cost. Past hosts would love things at gigantic savings. Just stress the AS IS no guarantee, and pass them along.

Last edited:

What is the "Idea I Heard at a Jewelry Show..." promotion?

The "Idea I Heard at a Jewelry Show..." promotion is a special offer from Pampered Chef where customers can receive a free gift with a qualifying purchase. The gift changes each month and is typically a popular kitchen tool or accessory.

How do I qualify for the "Idea I Heard at a Jewelry Show..." promotion?

To qualify for the "Idea I Heard at a Jewelry Show..." promotion, you must make a purchase of $75 or more through a Pampered Chef party or through the Pampered Chef website. The purchase must be made during the designated promotional period.

When is the "Idea I Heard at a Jewelry Show..." promotion available?

The "Idea I Heard at a Jewelry Show..." promotion is available for a limited time each month. The promotional period usually runs from the first day of the month to the last day of the month, but it may vary. Be sure to check our website or ask your Pampered Chef consultant for the exact dates.

Can I combine the "Idea I Heard at a Jewelry Show..." promotion with other offers?

Unfortunately, the "Idea I Heard at a Jewelry Show..." promotion cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts. However, you can still earn host rewards or use any existing credits or discounts towards your qualifying purchase.

What happens if the "Idea I Heard at a Jewelry Show..." gift is out of stock?

In the rare event that the "Idea I Heard at a Jewelry Show..." gift is out of stock, a comparable gift of equal or greater value will be substituted. Our goal is to always provide our customers with a high-quality and useful gift, so you can be sure that any substitution will be just as great!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefkathy
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
chefkathy
  • pamperedcheermom
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • bostonbelle