• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hotel Booking Tips? - Priceline?

no wait...I stay at the Hilton all the time!I highly recommend staying in a conference hotel. It's worth it to have the shuttle transporation and saves a ton of headaches.
esavvymom
Staff member
This is my first time to NC. So I'm searching for the best rate that gives me a decent location. I found a good deal on Priceline.com for a hotel ($180 per night King Suite), which on the map, looks like it's around the corner of the block from The Palmer House. My family is coming with me, so I needed to make sure we had a few things - like room for all of us to sleep! And since I"m not splitting costs, I needed cheap (as much as possible in Chicago).

I've looked at Expedia, Hotels.com, and hotwire (they don't tell you names till you book...I don't think so.), and a few other places. Most places have the same prices. Sheraton isn't bad priced, but they don't say anything about having rollaways. 1-king or 2-doubles wouldn't work.

I was wondering if anyone has had anything bad with using Priceline or not. They have cheaper rates and no booking fees- which amounts to about a $150 savings! Thoughts?? I've never used Priceline before.

I usually use travelocity- there are no booking fees there either. I usually just hunt around. I think I really want to go to NC, but, like you, I'm not sure where to stay.

no wait...I use expedia- I get them all confused.

esavvymom said:
This is my first time to NC. So I'm searching for the best rate that gives me a decent location. I found a good deal on Priceline.com for a hotel ($180 per night King Suite), which on the map, looks like it's around the corner of the block from The Palmer House. My family is coming with me, so I needed to make sure we had a few things - like room for all of us to sleep! And since I"m not splitting costs, I needed cheap (as much as possible in Chicago).

Is that $180 price inclusive of taxes, because it's higher than the rate we usually get through PC? The conference hotels are usually $150-170-ish before taxes per night when we book through the travel service (which will be linked on CC).

Ann, do you book the hotel and flight seperately? Can you book together when you book a conference hotel?

Can't book together. The travel service that HO uses is just for hotel. And it's the only way to get the conference rate.

chefann said:
Is that $180 price inclusive of taxes, because it's higher than the rate we usually get through PC? The conference hotels are usually $150-170-ish before taxes per night when we book through the travel service (which will be linked on CC).

No, that was the room rate for a King Suite. Taxes added another $50.

I had forgotten about Travelocity, and checked there. The rates were similar, and I was able to book without paying for the full reservation. I also got a package that has a few extra's thrown in for the kids for the same price as Expedia's regular room/suite.

I learned that Priceline- they'll charge you the full amount right away! Not so crazy about that- even if the cancellation policy does give a full refund. :)

But when the conference details are released, I'll check again and try to get a better deal- but at least this way, I have a room reserved in an area to my liking (I hopefully can just walk over to Palmer to catch a shuttle to conference?) that doesn't leave my DH far from his destinations either, and has what we need for my family.

I always use expedia and book the room and flight together for an additional discount. You can even book the conference hotel and sometimes (not always but I did find it for Denver when I was considering going) the rate is cheaper through expedia than it is through the company travel source. It wasn't like that the entire time and it wasn't a huge difference but then you get the additional bonus for booking flight and room together. And you can choose your flight times and hotel with expedia.

This is the voice of experience...my first year, I booked a hotel that was much cheaper than the conference hotel. It was nice enough, but WAY too far from the conference center to walk and too far from the conference hotels to walk to catch the shuttle. So what we saved on hotels, we made up for in taxis.

I HIGHLY recommend staying in a conference hotel. It's worth it to have the shuttle transporation and saves a ton of headaches. The only downside is getting up and down the elevators at "rush hour".

I have stayed at the Hilton 4 times now and will probably stay there again this year. At Leadership we stayed at a hotel we got on Priceline, and I gotta admit--it was kind of nice to be away from the commotion!

Chefstover2 said:
This is the voice of experience...my first year, I booked a hotel that was much cheaper than the conference hotel. It was nice enough, but WAY too far from the conference center to walk and too far from the conference hotels to walk to catch the shuttle. So what we saved on hotels, we made up for in taxis.

I HIGHLY recommend staying in a conference hotel. It's worth it to have the shuttle transporation and saves a ton of headaches. The only downside is getting up and down the elevators at "rush hour".

Well, unless the maps are deceiving, the hotel I have tentatively reserved is just around the corner from Palmer House, on the same block. I do plan on checking the conference hotels once they post though....just in case :D.

Besides, I'm not sure my DH would appreciate being surrounded by so many Chef-ladies/men! :D He'd probably kill me if he got caught in 'rush hour' with two boys *lol*.

I went to hotels.com and got it for $119/night and I think I'm less than 5 miles from the Convention Center. I earned points on my credit card so I'll use those so that it is free. Just thought I'd share. If it were'nt for the points on my credit card I probably wouldn't be able to go.

esavvymom,
From what I've seen so far the Palmer House isn't one of the Conference hotels this year.

I'm told there is a Days Inn 1/2 mile from the convention center... haven't checked into it yet, but 1/2 mile is less than a 10 minute walk.

You don't want anything near McCormick Place people--there is NOTHING around there and it is a little dicey neighborhood. You are better off finding a lower priced hotel that is near one of the conference hotels so you can catch the free PC shuttles. Otherwise, your savings will be eaten up in cab and bus fare.

Update: I did see that Palmer House was no longer a conference hotel...so I managed to find something at Sheraton after all. Somehow I missed taht they do have roll-aways the first time that I looked. I didn't see any difference in the PC price and what the regular travel sites online are. I got a pretty decent rate with my AAA-discount from Sheraton.

We usually stay at the Hyatt at McCormick Place......it makes it so much easier. Plus we get a military discount that makes it very wallet friendly....

1. How can I ensure that I am getting the best deal on my hotel booking through Priceline?

The best way to ensure that you are getting the best deal on your hotel booking through Priceline is to do your research beforehand. Look at multiple websites and compare prices to get an idea of the average cost for your desired hotel. You can also use Priceline's "Name Your Own Price" feature to bid on a hotel at a lower rate.

2. Is it better to book a hotel through Priceline in advance or last minute?

This ultimately depends on the specific hotel and location. In general, booking in advance will give you a better chance of getting a lower price. However, if you are flexible with your travel dates and destination, you may be able to find last minute deals on Priceline's "Express Deals" section.

3. What is the cancellation policy for hotel bookings made through Priceline?

The cancellation policy for hotel bookings through Priceline varies depending on the specific hotel and rate. It is important to carefully read the terms and conditions before booking. In general, non-refundable bookings cannot be cancelled, but flexible bookings may have a cancellation window with a fee.

4. Can I earn loyalty points or rewards for my hotel booking through Priceline?

Priceline does not have its own loyalty program, but you may still be able to earn loyalty points or rewards through the hotel chain you are booking with. Be sure to enter your loyalty program information when making your reservation.

5. Are there any hidden fees or charges when booking a hotel through Priceline?

Priceline is transparent about any additional fees or charges that may apply to your hotel booking. These may include taxes, resort fees, or parking fees. Be sure to read the details of your reservation carefully to avoid any surprises.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• timbimac
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • Tropicalburstqt2
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • erinhoward