• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to Do with a Negative Host: Potential Booking Dilemma

In summary, the potential recruit had a "no" show with a potential customer who was very negative and had difficult guests. The recruit lead offered to have the show at her house, but the potential customer said she was too busy. The recruit lead decided not to sign up any more and the host is unsure what to do. The potential recruit is not interested in any of the host's events.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I had a "no" show last week with a potential recruit. Her sales were $55, she had 4 guests with only 2 placing orders. That's really not my problem. One of her guests was a horrible downer lady. She kept talking about her soon to be ex husband and his wh*re girlfriend (that's the word she used in front of everyone including the children). She was just so negative. But she really wanted to have a November show to get the stoneware. I figured that when my recruit lead signed it would just be one of her first shows. The recruit lead even offered to me to have the show at her house since apparently this lady's house is 2 ft deep in trash. My recruit lead decided to not sign up any more since her show was so bad (no matter what I said to her). I'm not for sure what to do with the possible booking. I normally wouldn't turn anything down but this lady sucked all the energy out of the room. I thought of calling her about doing a catalog show but don't even know if that would do much.

Oh my....that's a tough one. If she did express an interest in having a "show," offer her a catalog show.

I would offer the catalog show, I certainly wouldn't want to do a cooking party. And as far as the recruit lead, ask her to one of your other parties to show her how it "normally" is and that they are not all like that. She just needs to get away from the downers and see how much fun it really is. Just ask the next host if they mind if you bring an "assistant" with you. I know my hosts would never mind.

Allison, are you going to the National Meeting tomorrow night (11/3)? Talk your team member lead into joining you! That will really get her excited to start the business!

I did invite her and she was going to sign with some money she was getting yesterday. She felt so down because she couldn't even get any of her friends to even look at a catalog. I told her that as soon as you get out of your circle of family and friends, the better! She wouldn't even listen to me and no longer wanted to join me at the meeting. She's been to three of my shows already. The first one I met her at, she started talking about wanting to sign up even before the show started. She booked a show to use the kit credit but when I got her guest list, she crossed off over half the names! She decided to not invite anyone from her church because apparently they ALL told her they only buy from this other consultant. She only gave me 18 names to send invites out to. I encouraged more since she wanted to use her kit credit but she kept turning me down. I did tell her that I would keep in contact with her.

I will talk to the other gal about doing a catalog show and not hold my breath on it. My schedule is so busy in November anyway that I don't want to schedule another show that far away to begin with.

wades girl,

you can also see if she would want to make her friends show her first show..but I don't know this is a tought situation. She probably got turned off when her friends said they use another consultant. That probably made her feel like she was not going to get any bookings...

Sounds like this potential recruit got a bad taste in her mouth and may be a lot of work for you even if she did sign up! I'd keep in touch with her and keep her in the loop...she may come around eventually. You want her to be excited about signing!!

And, as far as the other lady, I'd also suggest a catalogue show. Good excuse about the full schedule ;). Make sure you talk up the stoneware on sale to her so she doesn't decide she wants a December show!! LOL Good luck!

1. What is "What Would You Do?"

"What Would You Do?" is a popular game from Pampered Chef where players have to answer hypothetical cooking scenarios and come up with creative solutions using our products.

2. How do I play "What Would You Do?"

To play "What Would You Do?", simply gather a group of friends or family members and take turns drawing scenario cards. Each player will have a limited amount of time to come up with a solution using our products. The other players will then vote on the best solution and the winner gets a point.

3. Can I play "What Would You Do?" by myself?

While "What Would You Do?" is meant to be a group game, you can definitely play it by yourself as a fun way to test your creativity and cooking skills. You can also play with a partner and take turns coming up with solutions for the scenarios.

4. Are there different versions of "What Would You Do?"

Yes, there are different versions of "What Would You Do?" for different age groups and skill levels. We have a version for kids, as well as a more challenging version for experienced cooks. You can also mix and match scenario cards from different versions to create your own unique game.

5. Can I purchase "What Would You Do?" separately from Pampered Chef products?

Unfortunately, "What Would You Do?" is only available as part of a Pampered Chef party or as a hostess reward. However, you can always contact your Pampered Chef consultant to schedule a party and earn the game for free, or host a party and use your hostess rewards to purchase it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Geekgirl69
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
  • Kelly8