• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Video With Tips for Booking and Selling

In summary, the author of the email offers great advice, but they feel like they are not making any money and they are not sure what they are doing wrong.
murkey
VENT I just got an email with New Video with Tips for Booking and Selling. I have to say that while it does offer great ideas, I feel suspect. :eek:Offering your guests how to cook and save, bringing the family back to the dinner table etc is fantastic - IF that was all we are doing. I am finding no real problem getting parties - my issues are that NOBODY is BUYING squat!I felt like I kicked myself in the foot playing the "find the items under $10" game at yesterdays show - that was ALL they bought~!:( 10 ladies, 6 orders, an additional outside order I got personally and the show STILL doesn't qualify!!They loved the party, they loved the theme. I got praise galore. People wanted to learn more, they were enthused at the concepts that the video is suggesting I do and share BUT the ladies in my area are tighter than scrooge!!:eek:I know some areas of the country are still able to turn some really great profits with PC but I am finding that out here they will not let go of that penny! I don't know if I am not doing it right or it's the demographic or what. I joined PC to MAKE MONEY and get out of the house away from the kids. I bought my kit, the the kit enhancement, then more catalogs, some items from the supply and outlets for door prizes and incentives and am NOWHERE NEAR making any money! I know that several say to wait before you buy but I felt that I could encourage and make shows more fun and such, plus ya need catalogs and such right? I am probably sitting somewhere at 300.00 IN THE HOLE and seeing a trend of me doing MORE work for significantly less money. :grumpy:Yesterdays party that isn't yet even a party took me: 1 hour for prep, 1/2 hour to shop for ingredients (yes, it was a free show), 1 hour to and from the location, 2 hours for the party, and an additional 15 minutes to enter everyone into the system. Nearly 5 hours of work. IF that qualifies I made
a whopping $30.00! That is LESS than minimum wage in CA!! :eek::cry:I have two parties tomorrow and I am afraid. I don't want to do all that work again only to yield in people who will take my door prizes, eat my food, walk away empowered with knowledge I gave them, and buy NOTHING or next to nothing. :(

murkey said:
I have two parties tomorrow and I am afraid. I don't want to do all that work again only to yield in people who will take my door prizes, eat my food, walk away empowered with knowledge I gave them, and buy NOTHING or next to nothing. :(

You absolutely can not even think that way going into your shows tomorrow, otherwise they probably WILL bomb.

Save you "under $10" game until the end. Give your guests wish lists. Help them see the value in our products. It is our job to create a need.

For example, assuming there are guests at your show who are moms with 2 or more kids.... let's use the deep covered baker as your example....

how many times a month do they buy expensive "convenience foods" or take the family for fast food because they don't have time to make a meal??? What does it cost to take a family of 5 to McD's in your area? I know here, that 2-3 trips to McD's = the cost of the DCB. They're going to use the DCB more than 2-3 times. Plus they are feeding their kids a meal they can feel good about. The 30-minte chicken, the ribs, the fajitas, etc are economical, healthier options that can be on the table in about the same time it takes for fast food.

Think positive. You CAN do this. You WILL have successful shows. Stick with it & you'll start to see some good results :)

Good luck tomorrow & keep us posted on those shows.

If you demo the higher price items and show how you use and appriciate them, the guest should want them too. If you don't have what you need yet, borrow them from someone.
The next time you have a good show, ask the host to re-invite the guests to be there when the orders get seperated to show off the free items that they earned.

Thank you all! I did do the high ticket items at this last show - I did the dcb fajitas with the salad choppers and everything. I think I need to work at how I sell them - I like the way you said it peichief! I am still new to PC but was feeling very discouraged. Thank you for sharing and helping to lift me up. I am actually finding myself kinda excited now LOL

I am only in my second month and the best advice I can give is speak from the heart and you personal experiences. I have noticed I do sooo much better if I keep the technical talk to the bare minimum, and talk about how much I love something, odd uses for it (stuff you might not think of right away) and the amazing features. (guarantees, features, the "so what" of the products.
I am not saying every party is amazing, but for the most part this is working really well for me.
It soulds like you also need to evaluate your "process". You don't need to be spending that much time on every show! Talk to your director for some tips!
Good luck and keep at it!

My favorite product is the Suds Pump - but I don't tell people that until they order one. Top sellers spend TIME showing and telling about Stoneware and Cookware. If you're not showing both at every show, you're shooting your sales down.As long as you're booking at each and every show, don't fret when 1 or 2 don't qualify, but look at the overall income each month. It is a business that is constantly under improvement--as we improve ourselves, our bottom line increases. Hang in there!

I'm brand new to this and have only done 1 show so far. My director told me not to do the game. I had heard about it thru the thread and she said that if you do that, people tend to buy just those items. So, I stuck to the stones and the trifle bowl, making the chicken wreath, which my host bought all the ingredients for and the PB Trifle which again she supplied. I had no out of pocket expense except my gas. I think you should try to stick to recipes that you can prepare at the host's home and definately have them supply the ingredients! It's worth a try and then hopefully, you will make some money!!!! Good Luck!

Your guests will buy what YOU talk about. If you talk about the cheap stuff that is what they will feel like you've given them permission to buy. They will find that stuff on their own.

You want to talk about the stuff that they can afford by hosting a party. Focus on the 3 main groups; Cookware, Stoneware and SA (or the Forged Cutlery). Within each category we offer higher priced items and average priced items. I do spotlight a few $10 items because they are the BOMB!! Like the Mix N Chop and The Wine Pourer/Stopper (because I cross-sell it with the Opener-$30 together...cheap!).

I would suggest taking the $10 game out of your demo. It will only hurt you. I understand the reasoning...you want people who have been hit hard to feel like that can get something. If there is someone who has that look of longing, but don't purchase make sure you get their information and you offer them the business opportunity!

Good luck!! Keep your head up!

Remember the Rose:
The long stem represents the longevity of your business
the thorns represent the bumps on the road (because there will be trials)
the leaves represent the $$ that will come with perseverence and training
and the closed bud represents the way your business will bloom and blossom over time.

If you say things like "with the economy as it as at the moment..." or "everyone wants to save money, right?". You will be planting the seed in their heads that they shouldn't be spending tonight! Leave the economy (and all politics!) out of your show all together. If you show people how great PC products are, let them decide for themselves how to spend their money. Christmas is coming, if you're going to spend time talking about low-price items, suggest them as gifts, and encourage them to multi-buy. IE how many people do you know who would LOVE this garlic press? Bet you'd like to find one under your tree this Christmas? Get people to think about things they needed last holiday for cooking. Don't wait until Christmas morning before you realise you need a new muffin tray!Suggest people buy gifts at your show today, and book their own shows for January so they can get the products they want for free!Good luck - I've had truly awful shows, and a couple of brilliant ones - I think it all evens out in time. OH - and stop spending money yourself. If you want to make money, reign in your own PC spending!

1. How can I use the tips in the new video to improve my booking and selling with Pampered Chef?

The tips in the new video are designed to help you become more successful at booking and selling with Pampered Chef. They cover topics such as how to approach potential customers, how to host successful parties, and how to follow up with leads. By implementing these tips, you can increase your bookings and sales and grow your business.

2. Is the new video suitable for both new and experienced Pampered Chef consultants?

Yes, the new video is suitable for both new and experienced consultants. The tips and strategies shared in the video are applicable to consultants at all levels and can help improve their booking and selling techniques.

3. How long is the new video and can I watch it at my own pace?

The new video is approximately 30 minutes long. You can watch it at your own pace, pausing and rewinding as needed, to fully absorb the information and take notes.

4. Can I share the new video with my team or other Pampered Chef consultants?

Yes, you can share the new video with your team or other consultants. It is a great resource for training and development, and it can benefit all consultants in the Pampered Chef community.

5. Will there be more videos with tips for booking and selling in the future?

Yes, we are always looking for ways to support and empower our consultants. We plan to release more videos with tips for booking and selling in the future, so stay tuned for updates and new resources to help you grow your business with Pampered Chef.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Katiek77
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
loreo
  • KrisGio
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
chefpenny99
  • pamperedcheermom