• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Share a Booking with a New Consultant?

A
alnink
Please help! I've had a 3/22 show on my calendar for several months and have started a good relationship -several calls/conversations and good raport with the host. Things have been going quite well.

However, she called the other day and explained to me that her friend is starting the PC biz and she feels obligated to host a show for her but she'd feel bad if she'd cancel with me. She totally caught me off guard and I didn't know what to say. We chatted for a while and I told her I'd needed to check this out will get back to her soon.

It seems that most of her guests do NOT know this new consultant so I don't think they'd feel obligated to keep her as their future consultant. Many of the guests I've already met at a different show and I'm beginning to know them more through out other shows in their group.

I'd like to help the new consultant out but I also don't want to lose a booking being a fairly new consultant myself. I also feel that there are a lot of future bookings down the road from this group. What would you do in this situation? Is there something we could do as far as being co-consultants?

I'm happy she called and explained the situation instead of just cancelling too. What would you do?

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

Amy

I think you should graciously suggest she have a show with her friend and let her know that you will be available for anything in the future.

She won't have a whole-hearted show if she felt she should've had it with her friend. If you had just become a consultant, you'd want your friends to have a show for YOU to help you start the business. Too bad the new consultant isn't your recruit!

That's a really tough one...I think I'd try to get her to keep the show and suggest that perhaps she could do a catalog show or another show for her friend another time. It's not your fault that the other girl just came up with this and I don't think you should lose the show because of it. I do, however, kind of think Paige might be right and that it could be a half-arsed show. I'm kind of thinking out loud here, so don't mind me...I suppose in the end, you just have to figure out what is right for you!

I am trying to think about what I would do if I had a show booked with a consultant and a friend called and said, "I just signed with X company! Would you host a show for me!?" I feel like I might tell her (and that she would know because she was invited!) that I already had something scheduled with someone else, but that I'd be happy to help her in the future!

I would bless and release. She is going to be faithful to her friend. Just tell her that you wish her friend the best and that you are still here if she ever needs you for anything. Make some points by reminding her that the person she booked the show from can still get the past host special even though a different consultant is doing her show.

I would keep in contact with the host and whatever guests you have started to build a relationship with though. Ask her how her friend is doing and if she needs anything. Treat the guests just like you would if she would have just cancelled for any other reason.

What goes around comes around. You will be blessed by doing the right thing with grace.

alnink said:
It seems that most of her guests do NOT know this new consultant so I don't think they'd feel obligated to keep her as their future consultant. Many of the guests I've already met at a different show and I'm beginning to know them more through out other shows in their group.

Amy,

When you started out, you probably wanted your first hosts to invite people you didn't know. That way you could get out of your circle of friends and family asap. So, even though the guests don't know this consultant, she needs them right now to start.

Now, for the guests that you already know, just do your job. Make Customer Care Calls and see if they need anything. Do not bring up the other consultant. If they bring it up, let them know that you wanted to help out the new consultant and would love to still be their consultant.

That's o.k., my recruiter just took two spring catalogs from me tonight at a church event at camp to give to two wives of people who work with my husband (we work at a Christian camp with only 13 on staff). They were both planning on coming to my first cooking show on 2/28. It bugged me all the way home when I saw who she gave them to because my host for Wednesday has been working really hard to get her invitations out and get people to come, but she (my recruiter) has been in PC for 8 years so I have to just guess she's had a past relationship with them and let it go. We've been communicating well and trying not to "steal" anyone away from each other...and I love her to death so I'm assuming it was innocent...

Anyway, back on topic, people will be loyal to their friends first and if her friend doesn't work out, she'll come back to you. Give freely and without a heavy heart and it'll come back to your benefit in the long rung...

Okay, okay...everyone else is probably right. I'm just selfish! I think that it would be a BIG gesture and she would definitely remember it. If things don't work out for her friend, you'll always be there!

She will probably work harder for a friend starting up than she will with you and it is best that she puts her all into it so it isn't a waste of your time. I hate to give up shows too but sometimes it is the right thing to do all the way around. At least she gave you notice so you can book another show for the 22nd. Do be polite and tell her you understand and hope that she will remember you if she needs you in the future. This way you look like you are understanding and a great person. Hopefully she will keep you in mind and come back to you.

pamperedharriet said:
She will probably work harder for a friend starting up than she will with you and it is best that she puts her all into it so it isn't a waste of your time. I hate to give up shows too but sometimes it is the right thing to do all the way around. At least she gave you notice so you can book another show for the 22nd. Do be polite and tell her you understand and hope that she will remember you if she needs you in the future. This way you look like you are understanding and a great person. Hopefully she will keep you in mind and come back to you.

Good way of putting it Harriet! :)

I'm with the "let her switch to the other consultant" crowd. It is a caring gesture she will remember.

And then if the other consultant doesn't work out, you haven't burned any bridges and they'll probably come back to you.

Exactly what is in the back on my mind!

I agree with everyone else, give it away nicely!;)

What it really boils down to is what is best for the HOST .... not us...

She'll remember you for what you are doing for HER :)

Thanks everybody!!Thanks!!

I did end up talking with the host for quite a while. I told her I'd be fine with helping her friend out by giving her the show. I had the host give her my number incase she needs anything or wants to chat PC. She also jotted down a few PC seminar dates for her friend too. The consultant is in the same town as I am and her recruiter and director aren't that close at all. I mentioned I'd help her out any way I can. I even put a note in my calendar to call both the host and the new recruit down the road.

I do have a show coming up soon from the same group of hosts and as someone said I will definitely continue customer care calls with them. They're such a fun bunch! What ever happens, happens, I guess.

I feel much better coming to this decision. (With help of course!)

Take care and thanks again!
Amy

1. Should I share a booking with a new consultant?

This is a common question for consultants, especially if they have a good relationship with the host and have already started planning for the event. While it may seem like a good idea to help out a new consultant, there are a few things to consider before making a decision.

2. What should I do if the host wants to cancel with me in favor of the new consultant?

This can be a difficult situation to navigate. It's important to communicate openly and honestly with the host and express your concerns about potentially losing future bookings. You could also suggest working together with the new consultant as co-consultants to provide a better experience for the host and guests.

3. Will the guests feel obligated to keep the new consultant as their future consultant?

It's possible that some guests may feel obligated to continue booking with the new consultant, especially if they are friends with the host. However, it's also possible that they may prefer to continue working with you if they have already established a relationship with you.

4. What are the benefits of being co-consultants?

Collaborating with another consultant can have many benefits, such as sharing responsibilities and workload, learning from each other's strengths, and providing a more diverse and well-rounded experience for the host and guests. It also shows a sense of teamwork and support within the company.

5. How should I handle the situation if the host insists on canceling with me?

If the host is set on canceling with you in favor of the new consultant, it's important to remain professional and understanding. You could offer to stay in touch and potentially work together in the future. Remember to prioritize maintaining a positive relationship with the host and guests, as they could potentially lead to future bookings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
raebates
  • MrsNetNut404
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
carmom420
  • sarahsellcm