• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sales Host get guest special too?

its_me_susan

Jul 31, 2005
It just occurred to me I don't know this answer.... When your hosts spends more than $60 are you giving her the choice of the cookbook or outside plates too?

R

RachelNguyen

How does this work? Is it $60 AFTER their free stuff and discount?

etteluap70PC

Legacy Member
Gold Member
May 24, 2005
Yes, If they Actually spend $60.00 they get the bonus too.
Every time I have done this it has worked fine....

PampMomof3

Legend Member
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2005
One question that I just ran into with a past host (who receives her 10% discount) was if she receives the free plates before her discount or after? She spent $62 but after her discount, her total came to $55. I called HO and they said its before her discount. Yet another bonus of having your own show!:D

DebPC

Legacy Member
Staff member
Apr 14, 2004
Aslo I just confirmed with HO this week that if co hosts each spend $60 or more after all their discount they each can get a guest special.

heat123

Legend Member
Silver Member
Sep 7, 2005
When I called HO a few months ago with the same ? they gave me the same answer as Deb. They must spend $50 out of pocket (at the time now it's $60) so after their discount is applied it must be $60 total or more to get the guest special. HTH

PampMomof3

Legend Member
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2005
Well, the show is in the picking phase so I guess it went through! I'll let you know though when I find out!:)

etteluap70PC

Legacy Member
Gold Member
May 24, 2005
the way I figure it the guests had to SPEND $60 to get their free stuff so that is what I tell my hosts. I'm covered either way...

heat123

Legend Member
Silver Member
Sep 7, 2005
ps.
I have however heard someone use their PHD and still get it even though it was under $60 total! I guess if HO doesn't catch it will go through?

Christa

Dec 14, 2005
Do you mean if the host spends $60 total or gets $60 worth of products after using her 1/2 price items. I just had a host close at $700+. She got her free products and spend $90 on 3 1/2 price items-should I have given her a cookbook or plates?:eek:

DebbieJ

Legend Member
Oct 6, 2005
Yes, Christa, your host should have gotten the plates or the cookbook. You can always do a product adjustment once the shipment arrives.

Jayne

Gold Member
Feb 4, 2006
I had a customer purchase $53.25 in product then w/PHD the order came to $47.92, I entered the cutting board on her order as FREE and she rec'd it.:confused:

Mar 2, 2006
So if we make a mistake, and not give a special that should have been given, we can fix it?? I always thought it was over and done with once I hit transmit.. That no changes could be made. So I am wrong, and we can fix it with a product adjustment??? I have never done that,, so I don't know.

Thank you

reesefamily5

Mar 27, 2005
I would say yes. If I have a host spend $60 or more I give it to them and HO has never said anything. Even if it is half price, they are still spending the money.

Christa

Dec 14, 2005
Yes, how can we do a product adjustment for the special? I had no idea I should be giving my hosts the guest special if they spent $60.

Ginger428

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Mar 6, 2006
I just click on the guest special # & it comes up on hosts list. I've never had a problem yet.

BethCooks4U

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
The rule is the same for the host as the guest. If the subtotal AFTER the discounts are taken off (and before tax is added) is $60 or more she is entitled to the free item. It's the total amount she SPENDS on PRODUCTS that determines if she can get it.

If you put it on there and she is not eligible it might go through if no one catches it but wouldn't you feel bad if they did catch it and denied it. THat could delay the show and if she was counting on the gift you just might need to pay for it.