1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Booths Holiday Open House Food Suggestions?

1. I was invited to join an Open House kind of last minute (it is this Sunday!) and I am looking for suggestions for food to prepare. It will be from 1 - 5pm. Someone suggested making food every hour on the hour...not sure how many will be attending, so trying to stick to something quick and flexible. Can prepare ahead and also demo while chatting. Possibly an app and something sweet...using DCB in micro for one of them?

Dec 3, 2009
  2. Just to throw another wrench in, the host has requested that I not use the oven too much as it will heat up the house...

Dec 3, 2009
  3. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

For myself, I'd do the pineapple rum sauce over cream cheese w/ crackers, and the oil dipping seasonings w/ french bread...and possibly the cream cheese/sour cream/marshmallow fluff dip with sprinkles and apple wedges, and then just talk BIG about the DCB. I wouldn't be trying to cook at all if people are milling about - too easy to miss out on some great conversations that way.

Dec 3, 2009
  4. Those are great suggestions - thanks! The more I think and read, the more I feel I need to keep it simple as you suggested and talk more...which is NEVER a problem for me:) Have you ever done meatballs in any of the new sauces?

Dec 5, 2009
  5. lauriedip

lauriedip Member

the meatballs in the good for you cookbook are great!

Dec 5, 2009
  6. scottcooks

scottcooks Veteran Member Gold Member

Simple, easy and impressive - sets you apart from everyone else: Do a veggie platter but only prepare half the veggies - save the other half to do live in front of the folks. Use your Mandoline, use your Crinkle Cutter and use your Forged Cutlery and simple additions or bamboo platter/s to serve. I did it with 2 kinds of humus for dipping, and talked about the healthy option. You could do a fat free dip with N/F sour cream and N/F mayonnaise (equal parts) and 1 tablespoon of any seasoning mix. I sold 2 crinkle cutters and booked a show for forged cutlery doing this last night!

Dec 5, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted