• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Suggestions for a "Tea and Talk" Presentation

Up until 2009, PC was all about the show. They've been branching out since then and now do other things too, but the presentation at the luncheon is still a big part of their marketing.The Pampered Chef started out as a cooking show. They've branched out since then and now do other things, but the presentation at the luncheon is still a big part of their marketing.
Jennie50
A local gift store is attempting to start a series of networking lunches, designed to help small, home-based businesses. I've been invited to do a 15 minute presentation on The Pampered Chef, where I'm not focused on selling, but rather just giving background on the company, etc. Also presenting at this luncheon (the first in their series), will be a Thirty-One rep and a woman who sells grass-fed beef.

I am allowed to set up a table with products, have catalogs on-hand, and serve a sample of some kind. The organizer is a self-proclaimed "health nut," and said she doesn't like to eat a lot of processed sugars, etc. She said the luncheon will be a lot of finger foods, as the "Tea and Talk" name implies.

What approach would you take to this opportunity? My thought was to set up my booth as I normally would for a vendor event. For the presentation, I thought I'd give a brief background on how the company started (anyone have any resources to direct me to for all the facts on this), touch on PC's reputation for quality kitchen tools, discuss the cooking show model, and the fact that it is designed to encourage cooks of all levels to get dinner to the table for their family as quickly and painlessly as possible. How do I touch on some of the products that accomplish this, without coming across as though I'm trying to sell something (I am). Any phrases you would be sure to use during a presentation of this type? Suggestions on finger-foods that will not offend the organizer's health-nut sensibilities?

Thanks for your thoughts, everyone!

fresh made salsa in the MFP some nice whole grain tortilla chips

Chips and salsa are a great idea!

Anyone else have suggestions for me in regard to this presentation?

Mention the test kitchens and the fact that our chefs are always looking for ways to make it easy and quick to be creative in the kitchen. Talk about the benefits of the stoneware, cookware... For instance - even cooking, less oil needed, healthier meals. Doris' book is a great resource for why she got this started and more.

BethCooks4U said:
Mention the test kitchens and the fact that our chefs are always looking for ways to make it easy and quick to be creative in the kitchen. Talk about the benefits of the stoneware, cookware... For instance - even cooking, less oil needed, healthier meals.

Doris' book is a great resource for why she got this started and more.

LOVE these ideas, thank you! I don't have Doris's book, but my director may, so I'll check with her. If not, is there info on the company's history online somewhere? I joined in November, and am embarrassed to say that I'm not as familiar with it as I should be.

Doris' book is amazing! I read it shortly after I joined and I just loved the back story of the company, it was really rather inspiring. I would definitely suggest reading it before the lunch, if you have time.

Jennie50 said:
LOVE these ideas, thank you! I don't have Doris's book, but my director may, so I'll check with her. If not, is there info on the company's history online somewhere? I joined in November, and am embarrassed to say that I'm not as familiar with it as I should be.

Go to the main PC website (customer facing), Scroll all the way to the bottom, and click on the "About Us" link. They also have a timeline (done in 2009), but I cant see what it includes (I am on my ipad, so that page must not be compatible).

1. What is a "Tea and Talk" Presentation?

A "Tea and Talk" Presentation is a fun and interactive event where guests can enjoy delicious tea and snacks while learning about Pampered Chef products and cooking tips. It's a great way to host a party and earn free products!

2. How do I host a successful "Tea and Talk" Presentation?

To host a successful "Tea and Talk" Presentation, make sure to invite a diverse group of friends and family, offer a variety of snacks and teas, and have plenty of Pampered Chef products on display for guests to try out. It's also important to have a friendly and knowledgeable consultant leading the event.

3. Can I customize the menu for my "Tea and Talk" Presentation?

Yes, you can absolutely customize the menu for your "Tea and Talk" Presentation. Our consultants can work with you to create a menu that fits your dietary preferences and needs.

4. What types of products will be featured at a "Tea and Talk" Presentation?

At a "Tea and Talk" Presentation, our consultants will showcase a variety of Pampered Chef products including cookware, bakeware, kitchen tools, and more. Guests will have the opportunity to try out these products and ask any questions they may have.

5. How can I earn free products by hosting a "Tea and Talk" Presentation?

By hosting a "Tea and Talk" Presentation, you can earn free products through our generous host rewards program. The more sales your event generates, the more free products you can earn. Our consultants will provide more details and help you plan for a successful event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Back