• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Food Suggestions for an Open House

In summary, Tammithechef suggests easy to make finger food that is impressive to guests for an open house. She suggests the PB Trifle (from this website), Chicken Chipotle Cornbread Cups, greek torta, mini ham puffs, brownie truffle cups, taffy apple tarts, and the carmel apple tartlets.
tammithechef
Hello... I'm doing an open house with 3 other direct sales businesses next week and we're focusing on getting started early with holiday shopping.

Anyway - I am doing the food and I want some really simple, easy to make and inexpensive ideas for finger food that people can sample while they are watching my demo's and wandering around the other businesses. I don't necessarily want to demo this food, but have it there for guests to eat.

My actual demo's will be focused around "Homemade For The Holidays." I wanted to do several of the recipes that were in this months consultant news.

Anyway, anyone have something that they were able to make a lot of easily that was impressive to the guests?

Thanks!
Tammi
tammithechef :chef:

Well, it's not exactly "finger food", but the PB Trifle (from here) is awesome, makes a ton and is impressive! I also made the Chicken Chipotle Cornbread Cups for my Open House and LOVE those, especially for a Homemade for the Holidays show b/c they are red and green and gold, very festive looking!

The greek torta is really good and feeds a lot of people. The artichoke cups are very good too and easy.

Humble Beginnings said:
The greek torta is really good and feeds a lot of people. The artichoke cups are very good too and easy.

How about the mini ham puffs from All The Best Cookbook? They are sooooo easy and I made the filling ahead in the CBB and then just baked them...the crust is cresent dough cut and placed in the mini muffin pan. Oh, and you could use turkey in the place of ham if you wanted.

Last edited:
Love to do the greek torta too, as it can be made ahead and serves alot. I also like to do the mini-quiches, you can do alot of the prep ahead and then cook them at the last minute, but they are also good cold.

For sweet I have done the brownie truffle cups ALOT as you can easily double the recipe and also you can freeze them with the ganache on so they can also be made ahead, and then when you need them thaw and garnish (if you want, they are good without a garnish IMO). DO you see a theme here, LOL!

The apple berry salsa with cinnamon chips is also very good. Yum!!

For a different kind of dip, I have a really yummy baked artickoke dip (cream cheese, artichoke, mayo, parmesan) that is super easy and so good. It can be made ahead then baked when you need it. I serve it with triscuits or carr's water biscuits (crackers). It can also be microwaved to re-heat it if necessary. I have to admit, I did the bread bowl artichoke dip and did not think it was anything special. Let me know if you want the recipe, or maybe there is a PC equivalent that I don't know about!

HTH, I'm sure there are more things I can think of!

What about the warm nutty caramel brownies? They make a big pan and you could cut them as small as you like. The taffy apple tarts would be good too.

how about the carmerl apple tartlets- you can make them ahead, and they are YUMMO

Yes the Apple Tartlets are really good and cute!

Some have said that the Apple Tartlets get "hard" because of the 1/2 caramel piece at the bottom of the tartlet if you make them ahead and they cool.

Based on advice I got here, I use the Caramel chips instead of the caramel at the bottom of the tart. They can be made ahead and do not get hard.

Or, my director made them using ONLY 1/4 piece of the caramel and they did not get hard when cooled.

Haven't tried them yet, but what about the new Turtle Pretzel candies on the Homemade for the Holidays for this year?

You could also make up some dips using our pantry seasonings (Dill Dip, SW dip, Chipotle Dip etc).

Q: What types of food do you recommend for an open house?

A: For an open house, we recommend serving a variety of finger foods and small bites that are easy to eat and don't require utensils. Some options include cheese and cracker platters, vegetable and dip trays, mini sandwiches or wraps, and bite-sized desserts.

Q: How much food should I plan on serving for an open house?

A: It's always better to have more food than not enough, so we recommend planning for 8-10 bites per person. This could vary depending on the length of your open house and the time of day it's being held.

Q: Are there any dietary restrictions I should consider when planning my open house menu?

A: It's always a good idea to have some options for guests with dietary restrictions, such as gluten-free, vegetarian, or vegan. You can easily accommodate these needs by offering a variety of fruits, vegetables, and dips, as well as options like hummus and gluten-free crackers.

Q: Can I prepare the food ahead of time for my open house?

A: Absolutely! Many of our suggested open house foods can be prepared ahead of time and stored in the fridge until the event. Just be sure to follow proper food safety guidelines and keep perishable foods chilled until ready to serve.

Q: How can I make my open house food presentation more appealing?

A: Presentation is key when it comes to food. Consider using serving platters and trays in different shapes and sizes to add visual interest. You can also add garnishes like fresh herbs or edible flowers to make the food look more attractive. Don't be afraid to get creative!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• LaurieZ
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
MHPampered
  • Jennie50