• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Table for Weight Watcher Open House

In summary, WW is a type of point-based eating and exercising program. Members can earn points by eating and exercising, and the more points they have, the more free reign they have in choosing what to eat. Some useful tools for WW members include measuring cups, knives, cutting boards, stoneware, spices, kitchen spritzer, cookware, and sauces.
Jolie_Paradoxe
Gold Member
Got a call yesterday asking if I could participate in a Weight Watcher's Open House. She gave me free rein, "Do whatever you want or don't want". lol

I do not know much re: WW other than it's a type of point system. I have a doc now on the list of cookbooks and their points. I am waiting to see if there's a microwave available.

What tools would you highlight? What would be most useful for a WW member? What should my focus be? Should I have any handouts? Should I attempt to have food? How can I show that PC is the way to go?

Thanks!

I am doing that also here tomorrow! My contact told me only pre-packaged food could be served, so I do not plan on doing a demo to serve. I plan on taking tools that would especially help those trying to modify their eating habits. Which is what WW is all about. Portion control, fresh veggies and fruit...Apple & Pineapple Wedger, DCB for making meat (of course the DCB!), julienne peeler and some carrots to 'play' with, Ultimate Mandoline and maybe some squash to cut, Salad Spinner (takes all the water out of the lettuce so you do not have to use as much dressing to get flavor), definitely some of our Rubs! Measure Mix & Pour so they can make their own low-cal dressing...That sort of thing...Have fun!!!

Oh, and I would definitely have a hand-out! Maybe a recipe card with a good low-cal recipe. I am going to try and pull something together today...

I will be doing this also. I was informed that if I make something it has to be from the WW cookbook. I am also doing the WW program right now. The item's I will be highlighting are the knives and cutting board, measuring cups, stoneware, spices, kitchen spritzer, cookware, sauces (thought I have to point these out), vegetable peeler, apple wedger, pinapple wedger. Basically anything that will make it fun to cutup your veggies and fruit and them measure to serving size before storing. Anything to help with healthy cooking. I am very excited. Going to find a healthy dip, veggie and fruit and then take veggie's/fruit to prep while I am there. I cannot take order's, but can book show's.

Ok..how did you guys get the permission to do that? I've asked at my meeting center and was told they don't do anything with vendors.

I have a customer who is a leader for WW, and every Saturday in February they are having an Open House. She invited us to have a table set up. We cannot take orders either at the event, but can book shows and take contact info.

Very cool! Thanks for the tips....I think a recipe is a great idea...any suggestions? I'm woefully ignorant on what makes a recipe a good WW recipe. Any insights on the WW philosophy would be appreciated too! lol

Bobbi - leader's daughter logged on and was an HO lead. They're having an Open House and wanted to see if I'd be interested in joining. Whoo Hoo! = )

As Patty mentions, no orders are allowed so the "no vendors" rule is still being followed, I guess. :) We can take ctc info, book shows and educate the group as we see appropriate.

Can't wait to hear how everyone does with this.

Laurie - as you know, it's a point-based system of eating and exercising. You are given a # of points for the day based on what you weigh plus extra points for the week to spend any way you want. You can earn additional points by exercising. A food's point value is based on its calories, fat and fiber. Roughly 50 calories is 1 point. If it's very high fiber and low fat, it can be less and the reverse is true. Your typical bag of M&Ms at the check-out counter is about 6 points, about 1/4 of what someone should eat in a day. I typically look for a point value of about 6 for a main dish. Look at recipes that have about 300-350 calories with at least 3 grams of fiber and less than 10 grams of fat. The Creamy One-Pot Pasta is a good recipe. I can calculate the points for you if you're thinking of another recipe to hand out or someone there can do it for you. There is also another plan going on that I don't follow. It doesn't involve counting points but eating lots of fruits and veggies.

As others have suggested, measuring tools, non-stick cookware, micro cookers, rubs. Don't bring too much. If you don't have the cookbooks, print out what you can from CC on them. They used to have the table of contents or index of recipes in the PIG.

I'm so jealous! I've been a weight watcher for several years, and one of the leaders has bought from me...and I didn't get a call about these open houses (even though it says "Pampered Chef" on the flyer). The leader saw me today and gave me the number for her boss who was coordinating everything, and the boss lady said she'd give my number to the Pampered Chef lady in the Bay Area who was coordinating...but it looks like a no go for me this time around.

I'm the person who has been updating the WW points lists for our cookbooks for the past several years. I have temporarily taken them down, but will be reposting them when it's "safe" to post Spring Launch announcements (11 more minutes!). They've both been updated, although there will be additional updates to them before the Spring season starts. The lists make good handouts for those who purchase a cookbook or have several of our old books.

Ann I wanted to thank you for all the work you do with the files and encouragement here on CS. I always know that I can count on you for help.Everyone good luck this month with WW!

Thanks, Rebecca.I just posted a new thread in the Recipe Tips area with the updated WW points documents. The "current" one isn't complete, because I need to wait for my Spring samples to add the dessert book recipes. But it does include the SBRC already.

So first booth at WW, I was the only vendor theree!!! I was told that you could not take orders, but the WW staff all placed order's...even the one who told me not to take orders!! They had about 10 people come in and I would say about 1/2 were considering a show, per drawing slips.

Shell Northway said:
So first booth at WW, I was the only vendor theree!!! I was told that you could not take orders, but the WW staff all placed order's...even the one who told me not to take orders!! They had about 10 people come in and I would say about 1/2 were considering a show, per drawing slips.

That makes me LOL. And also illustrates why it's good to have a few order forms with you at an event, even when you think you won't need them.

That's great Shelly! I had two bookings and there were about 20 people. The good thing for me is that I get to rotate through the 4 centers they have here in Portland. I don't know how many catalogs I handed out but it was worth it. I am looking forward to the next three weeks!

Mine was pretty slow. 3 other vendors, 1 is having a show! I knew several of the staff and they are ordering this week. About 10 people total coming through with 2 show and 1 recruit leads. Not bad for free!

tpchefrebecca said:
That's great Shelly!

I had two bookings and there were about 20 people. The good thing for me is that I get to rotate through the 4 centers they have here in Portland. I don't know how many catalogs I handed out but it was worth it. I am looking forward to the next three weeks!

I would follow up with those ladies from yesterday on Monday! You may get orders after they have looked at the catalog. Don't forget to tell them that the Stoneware is 20% off and there is a price increase on March 1st! :)

On my list of things to do today.

Becca_in_MD said:
Can't wait to hear how everyone does with this.

Laurie - as you know, it's a point-based system of eating and exercising. You are given a # of points for the day based on what you weigh plus extra points for the week to spend any way you want. You can earn additional points by exercising. A food's point value is based on its calories, fat and fiber. Roughly 50 calories is 1 point. If it's very high fiber and low fat, it can be less and the reverse is true. Your typical bag of M&Ms at the check-out counter is about 6 points, about 1/4 of what someone should eat in a day. I typically look for a point value of about 6 for a main dish. Look at recipes that have about 300-350 calories with at least 3 grams of fiber and less than 10 grams of fat. The Creamy One-Pot Pasta is a good recipe. I can calculate the points for you if you're thinking of another recipe to hand out or someone there can do it for you. There is also another plan going on that I don't follow. It doesn't involve counting points but eating lots of fruits and veggies.

As others have suggested, measuring tools, non-stick cookware, micro cookers, rubs. Don't bring too much. If you don't have the cookbooks, print out what you can from CC on them. They used to have the table of contents or index of recipes in the PIG.

Becca - Thanks SO Much for all the info! It was very helpful, and prepared me for my experience.

Ann- Thank you for all the hard work in creating and updating the WW points for our recipes! Your generosity in sharing is so appreciated!

I ended up printing the Grilled Chicken Penne as the recipe.....Thanks to Ann, I saw that it was 5 points. Then I end up forgetting them! LOL Which turned out to be a good thing. Apparently one of the volunteers or workers there was pretty angry that I was invited since she knows there is a PC rep who is a WW member. She made it clear that the opportunity should have been given to that rep, and she gave me "tips" as she was sure I had "never needed WW as I was a skinny little thing"! UGH She suggested I put away my cookbooks because WW has their own, and she had overheard me mentioning the recipe cards I forgot to which she asked if the point calculation was WW Sanctioned and to be careful. :yuck:

Anyhow...there were 3 vendors (scented oil who also does bridal expos, MKand a Real Estate Agent). They all had PC consultants and 2 hinted that they might do a show IF (Bridal Expo Rep wants me to rent a space for $495, MK Rep wants to do a Multi Vendor Open house if her rep can not, and Real Estate Lady wants to see if I agree to MK terms as she is her sister). Ay ya ya.

It was a 45 minute drive! A total of 4 hours and 4 people who came in. Of the 4, I walked away with 3 maybes and 1 that ended up saying yes yesterday. Of the 3 maybes, one is a teacher who wants an express show afterschool and is running it by her principal. Another is bridal expo who is looking at April, after her March expo; and the third is a WW Leader who wanted to browse the catalog.

There are a few other open houses this month, and there are different PC reps doing each one....my contact was great and will pass my mini's at her next meeting. She is emailing all WW leaders with my ctc info....hopefully closer to home. All in all, it was a learning experience....and I just may have gotten a couple of shows. :thumbup:

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
She suggested I put away my cookbooks because WW has their own, and she had overheard me mentioning the recipe cards I forgot to which she asked if the point calculation was WW Sanctioned and to be careful. :yuck:

FYI- I got the point formula from my cousin, who used to be a PC consultant, and has been on and off WW. It may not be as accurate as the calculations that WW uses for their own recipes, but it is what is (or was, a couple of years ago) given to WW members to use for calculating points for recipes already in their libraries.

chefann said:
FYI- I got the point formula from my cousin, who used to be a PC consultant, and has been on and off WW. It may not be as accurate as the calculations that WW uses for their own recipes, but it is what is (or was, a couple of years ago) given to WW members to use for calculating points for recipes already in their libraries.

I think she was just upset and trying to find something "wrong" with me. I kept the point calculation handout you made out for everyone, and I did NOT put up my cookbooks. You are meticulous, and I figured that your system for calculating points was accurate. I told that lady that I got the calculation from a fellow consultant who is brilliant and someone who studies and knows her guidelines. That you ALWAYS follows procedure. :D I told her I was certain that the points were accurate because you were reliable and informed. I mentioned that you made sure to check and back up with policy anything you shared, and that you had a personal sense of pride in all you did.

She tsked, left me alone for a bit and I simply smiled and ignored her the whole time. I refuse to deal with rude.

She wasn't going to be happy with anything you did because you're thin and because you weren't the member who is a consultant. What's annoying is that for someone who works there is that she has no idea if you ever were overweight and is prejudging. These kinds of things are always a learning experience. Great for you to get some leads with so little attendance.

Laurie, you're sweet. :)

Not always Ann! lol

I was just stating my personal opinion based on what little I see and know of you. :D

Becca....I agree and thought along the same lines. I almost decided to make a point, but decided to let there be 1 vs. 2 fool(s). =)

I've been invited to one Saturday. I want to make a Weight Watcher recipe using our tools. does someone have a recipe suggestion?

I am also doing this here in So cal... My director was contacted and asked to find a consultant for each location in our county. We are all going to demo there go with everything pico de gallo with a pampered chef twist... Here is what I am making and I am going to serve with cucumber and carrot slices...
These are the suggestions I recieved from my director: I didn't do it last saturday because I was at Spring launch but I will be there every saturday left in February. I also sent out an email to all my customers that my director forwarded to me. If you would like me to send it to you please email me [email protected]. I also as a raffle prize took one of the dots martini glasses filled it with weight watchers candies a SB and a mini catty since it has a pic of the martini glasses on it and wrapped it up I have pictures but I don't know how well you can see it. Email if you have any questions.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RECIPE DEMO – from Healthy Cooking Basics, from Weight Watchers Momentum

Go-with-Everything Pico de Gallo, pg. 40

1 pound plum Tomatoes (approx. 6) chopped
1 cup chopped onion
½ cup fresh Cilantro, snipped
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 jalapeno pepper; seeded and minced
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. black pepper

Serves six 1/3 cup portions, zero points

Serve with yellow and green zucchini slices and carrot slices, cut on a bias with the crinkle cutter or ultimate mandolin with crinkle blade. Also, WW carries a multi-grain cracker that can be served as well.
Can portion soufflé cups with 1 piece of vegetable or cracker, and 1-2 tsp. pico de gallo to taste.
1 recipe will make 2 cups – if each sample serving is 2 tsp, this is approx 40-48 servings.

Possible adjustments, per Shelley:
1 tbsp. Southwest Seasoning instead of jalapeno pepper
1-2 cloves fresh garlic

**** I assume that 2-3 batches of this recipe will be sufficient for each Center – what do you think?

From the cookbook: “Serve this garden fresh salsa with tacos or tostadas, or use it as a topping for grilled shrimp, salmon or skinless chicken breast. This recipe works with the Simply Filling technique.”

Tools Needed:
For pico de gallo
Salad Chopper (alternate: Food Chopper, cutting board, handy-scrapers)
Classic Batter Bowl
Small Mix n Scraper
5” Utility Knife Forged Cutlery
Citrus Press (alternate: push small mix n scraper into meat of lime and squeeze over a prep bowl)
Salt and Pepper Grinder Set/Stand (alternate: bring your own shakers from home)
Southwest Seasoning (alternate: jalapeno per original recipe or taco seasoning)
For zucchini slices – goal is to use slices of green/yellow zucchini cut on a bias with a crinkle blade to use instead of chips for tasting samples of pico de gallo
Ultimate Mandolin (alternate: Crinkle Cutter)
For serving
Any Simple Additions large platter or Medium Square (alternate: any other Pampered Chef serving platter/tray – ex: bamboo or baking sheets)
Small Bamboo Scoop or Spoon (alternate: Adjustable Teaspoon or Tablespoon)

Optional tools:
Handy scrapers, core n more, garlic press
Tools for display – in general, please keep this very simple – your space is limited. Suggestions include tools needed to cook light and healthy: Cookware/Grill Pan, Measure Mix n Pour, Salad Spinner, Microplane Grater, Easy Conversion Magnet
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. What is the purpose of a "Table for Weight Watcher Open House"?

The purpose of a "Table for Weight Watcher Open House" is to introduce people to the Weight Watchers program and its benefits, as well as provide a space for current members to share their experiences and successes with others.

2. Who can attend a "Table for Weight Watcher Open House"?

Anyone can attend a "Table for Weight Watcher Open House" - whether you are a current Weight Watchers member or simply interested in learning more about the program. It is open to the public and free to attend.

3. What can I expect at a "Table for Weight Watcher Open House"?

At a "Table for Weight Watcher Open House", you can expect to learn about the Weight Watchers program, its principles, and how it can help you reach your weight loss goals. You will also have the opportunity to sample some delicious and healthy dishes prepared with Pampered Chef products.

4. Is there a cost to attend a "Table for Weight Watcher Open House"?

No, there is no cost to attend a "Table for Weight Watcher Open House". It is a free event for anyone interested in learning more about Weight Watchers and its benefits.

5. Can I purchase Pampered Chef products at a "Table for Weight Watcher Open House"?

Yes, you can purchase Pampered Chef products at a "Table for Weight Watcher Open House". We will have a selection of products available for purchase, and a portion of the proceeds will go towards supporting the Weight Watchers program.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• vminaudo
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
chef cathy
Replies
Views
Shell Northway
  • kcmckay
  • Products and Tips
Replies