• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Favorite Weight Watchers Go-To Foods

In summary, the conversation was about sharing weight-watchers-friendly food options. Some suggestions included paninis made with 100 calorie sandwich flats, red pepper hummus, and unsweetened coconut milk with clementines. Other ideas were steel cut oats with almond milk, Greek yogurt or cottage cheese with frozen fruit for breakfast, and Progresso soups or Hebrew national fat-free hot dogs for lunch. For snacks, options included fresh fruit, veggies, protein shakes, Smart pop popcorn, apples with reduced fat peanut butter, turkey jerky, and sugar-free hot cocoa or hard candy for sweet cravings. Overall, the group was focused on finding low-point, healthy and filling options for their meals.
NewbyPChef
Since I know a lot of you cheffers are currently doing or have done weight watchers, I thought I would start a thread where everyone shares what they like to eat that is weight-watchers-friendly...

Lately I have been making paninis on my grill pan with those 100 calorie sandwich flats. I might do ground turkey with tomato and string cheese (cut it in half and string it into pieces. I also love to spread red pepper hummus on the bread for only 1 pointplus per tablespoon. Yesterday I made a caprese panini with tomato slices, a string cheese and a couple fresh basil leaves...it was delicious!

I also pour a cup of unsweetened coconut milk (50 calories per cup) add some splenda and vanilla and squeeze 2 large clementines into it with my citrus press...a 1 point orange colada, and its delicious!

For breakfast, I eat steel cut oats cooked in unsweetened almond milk and add in splenda, pumpkin pie spice, a mashed banana, pumpkin and maybe some peanut butter...it really keeps me full until lunch time. 3 points without peanut butter and 6 points with a tablespoon of peanut butter. I can cook a week's worth on the weekend, portion it out in the 1-cup prep bowls and take it to work.

Lets hear your favorites!

Breakfasts for me either consist of 1/2 cup greek yogurt or nonfat cottage cheese and frozen fruit at 1pt.

Lunch the same if I am on the go or Progresso 1-2pt soups. I hear Hebrew national fatfree hot dogs were 1pt. I have yet to get turkey fat free for a lunch option ;)

Snacks-fresh fruit or veggies, pickle wrapped in thin sliced turkey lunchmeat 1pt or 2pt protein shakes using no sugar added almond milk with whey protein powder and banana with ice (think and YUMMY filling). Snack size Smart pop popcorn which is like 3pts I think? Apples with Reduced fat PB or Better N PB spread at 2pts per 2tbsp. Turkey Jerky at 2pts per oz I believe.

Dinner salads, or veggies with my protein and a whole wheat carb-brown rice, wheat pasta, double fiber breads, lowcarb wheat tortillas. Pts vary with dinner of course.

Sweet tooth cravings= Sugar free hot cocoa, or crystal light or sugar free hard candy. :)

Hope that helps ;)

I love your ideas for weight-watchers-friendly meals! I have been experimenting with different types of salads for lunch. One of my favorites is a spinach salad with grilled chicken, a hard-boiled egg, and some balsamic vinaigrette dressing. It's only 4 points and keeps me full until dinner. For dinner, I like to make zucchini noodles with ground turkey and marinara sauce. It's a great substitute for regular pasta and is only 4 points. I also love to make a big batch of vegetable soup with chicken broth, lots of veggies, and some lean protein like chicken or turkey. It's a filling and low-point option for those days when I want something warm and comforting.For snacks, I like to have Greek yogurt with some fresh berries and a sprinkle of granola. It's a great way to satisfy my sweet tooth without using too many points. Another snack I enjoy is roasted chickpeas. I toss them in some olive oil and spices and bake them until crispy. They make a great crunchy and protein-packed snack.Thanks for starting this thread! I can't wait to try some of the other ideas shared by fellow weight-watchers. It's always helpful to have new meal ideas to keep things interesting and on track with our goals.

1. What are some popular Weight Watchers-friendly meals to make?

Some of our top recommended meals include grilled chicken and vegetable skewers, zucchini noodles with turkey meatballs, and quinoa and black bean tacos.

2. Can you suggest any low-point snacks for on-the-go?

Yes, some great options are air-popped popcorn, fruit and yogurt parfaits, and hard-boiled eggs.

3. Are there any Weight Watchers-approved desserts?

Absolutely! Some tasty options include chocolate-covered strawberries, baked apples with cinnamon and honey, and banana ice cream made with just frozen bananas and a splash of milk.

4. What are some easy meal prep ideas for busy weeknights?

We recommend making a big batch of quinoa or brown rice on the weekend to use throughout the week, as well as pre-cutting and storing vegetables for easy stir-fries and salads.

5. Can you recommend any satisfying meals for under 10 points?

Yes, some delicious options include veggie omelettes, turkey and avocado wraps, and shrimp stir-fry with vegetables and brown rice.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • natural
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • chefheidi2003