• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Vendor Open House at the Elks Lodge: Tips & Tricks for First-Timers!

In summary,The open house is from 2-6pm and they are having an event where vendors can set up their tables to sell their products. The table size will be small, so the vendor should bring as little as possible. They should try to bring impactful pieces. There are a lot of things to bring if the vendor is new to doing this type of booth, so the person should research what they need before the event. They should also set up their table in front of it instead of behind it to increase their chances of success.
Bren706
Gold Member
I have been invited to be a vendor by the Ladies Auxillary for a local Elks Lodge. They are having an open house.

I have no other information. I have asked the person who invited me for contact information. What information do I need to find out? (Fees, registration, do they provide the table, table size?) I know that the open house is from 2-6pm, so I will be doing it solo.

Any suggestions for a first timer? I have found some info here already. Anybody have photos of their tables that they would like to post? I am real nervous about making the table look appealing, without having to spend a lot of money (I don't want to invest in the Merrill tablecloths and Banners at this time).

The biggest thing to find out is how much space you will have.

Since it is only for 4 hrs I would bring as little as possible. Try to bring really impactful pieces.

I will be doing some of the displays Deb Lilly showed us at conference with the trifle bowl and SA pieces for my county fair booth.

A piece of cookware and stoneware are always a must! Try to keep it simple. People get overwhelmed.

Not sure what else you are looking for. Iv'e done TONS of booths but it's never the same twice. Last one I did was just when the spring products were released and pretty much only brought new stuff. It went rallly well!

I have started only bringing things that are included in the starter kit. That way when a conversation gets to the opportunity then I can have the visual of you get all this!

As far as a table cloth goes, I would buy an inexpensive white cloth one. Also, bring a couple of small empty boxes to use as risers under the cloth. (Learned that one from a Mary Kay consultant!)

I have also made a poster board that has our fliers for the wedding registry, fundraisers, and the current host/guest specials. I also use the batter bowl to collect DPDS for a drawing to win a cookbook.

Another good tip, set up your table so that you are standing in front of it instead of behind it. Everytime I have done this I have had way more success. You are able to stop people to check out your table a lot easier. You can also entice them with some fudge or something that you premade.

HTH,

I also use simple white table cloths from walmart. I have the ones that have a "satin stripe" I use these for all the events I do. Also to really look classy have the table cloth go all the way to the floor our on the visibles sides of your table. Safety pins and clear tape will help. I personally think it looks cheesy when I can see boxes and stuff under tables.

I wish I had good pics of my county fair booth. I took them with a toss away and they are kind of dark. Maybee I will scan them and see what I can do.

Ohhh just remembered my favorite tip...

if you have a quick stir pitcher fill 3/4 with water and add colorful confetti. I keep my hand on it when I see people comming and give it a stir. Kids love it and it's a great conversation starter.

Paulette -
That is a great idea with the pitcher!!

etteluap70PC said:

if you have a quick stir pitcher fill 3/4 with water and add colorful confetti. I keep my hand on it when I see people comming and give it a stir. Kids love it and it's a great conversation starter.

OOOH! That's a great one, thanks Paulette!

It's not original.....

I stole it :rolleyes:

Thanks! It is my favorite thing to to at any booth now.

etteluap70PC said:

That is what we did at our Fair this weekend and I never thought of doing that before!!! Its a great idea though!!!! :D

If you have the 3-tiered stand use that, as it automatically adds height and can display lots of products (did one once with the outdoor party plates on one tier, a white plate with other summer products on another, and then do a bowl with the silverware on the top. Put the QS pitcher with confetti in front of it and some BBQ tools and rubs and you have an entire outdoor showpiece that only takes up 2 feet of your table. It really works well if you have a different colored tablecloth under each section (i.e. turquoise under summer, white under bridal set up, and black under kit contents). If you can use 2 tables, make a L if you are in a corner iwth the tables or use a round one at the end of a long one. It will add visual interest and automatically give you a seperate area for showcasing products (i.e. put kit contents on round table, and a display of summer or new products with paperwork stuff on the rectangle. Just my 2 cents...

What is a Vendor Open House at the Elks Lodge?

A Vendor Open House at the Elks Lodge is an event where vendors from different companies set up booths to showcase and sell their products to potential customers. This event is usually open to the public and held at the Elks Lodge, a community organization that supports charitable causes.

How do I participate as a first-timer at a Vendor Open House at the Elks Lodge?

To participate as a first-timer at a Vendor Open House at the Elks Lodge, you will need to contact the event organizer or the Elks Lodge directly. They will provide you with information on booth fees, registration requirements, and any other necessary details. Once you have registered and paid for your booth, you will be able to set up and sell your products at the event.

What tips can you provide for first-timers at a Vendor Open House at the Elks Lodge?

As a first-timer at a Vendor Open House at the Elks Lodge, it is essential to arrive early to set up your booth and make sure everything is in place. Be sure to have plenty of inventory and promotional materials to attract potential customers. Networking with other vendors and engaging with customers can also help make your experience successful.

Are there any specific rules or regulations for vendors at the Elks Lodge?

Yes, there may be specific rules and regulations for vendors at the Elks Lodge, depending on the event organizer and the Elks Lodge's policies. It is crucial to familiarize yourself with these rules to ensure a smooth and successful event. Some common rules may include no selling of food or alcohol, no loud music, and no blocking walkways.

What are the benefits of participating in a Vendor Open House at the Elks Lodge?

Participating in a Vendor Open House at the Elks Lodge can bring many benefits to your business. It provides an opportunity to showcase and sell your products to a large and diverse audience. It also allows you to network with other vendors and potentially collaborate in the future. Additionally, it can help increase brand awareness and potentially attract new customers to your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefCat
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
ChefCat
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
Replies
Views
DebbieSAChef